Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not understanding why you would need to restate all pricing and perks in the description if they are already clearly outlined in the pricing and scope section. Plus, I’ve seen gigs that do not put the perks in the description, and they have 50+ reviews. I’m just wondering why you would use part of your limited character count on something that is already stated at the right of the description.

• Like 20

On 3/22/2020 at 4:55 PM, mdcrowmusic said:

I’m not understanding why you would need to restate all pricing and perks in the description if they are already clearly outlined in the pricing and scope section.

Thank you for your question. This tip is mainly because it comes directly from the Fiver Learn course.

To clarify: The pricing does not have to be restated, and mentioning perks is known in marketing as up-selling.

As for your “if”: I agree that ‘if’ they are clear, then they don’t need repeating. It’s when the package is unclear that it needs to be elaborated. Sellers also should keep in mind that not all Buyers know all the lingo, jargon, abbreviations, or acronyms.

Format should be simple:

• Basic is A and B,
  • Standard is the above plus C,
  • Premium is all the aforementioned and D.

This also helps in that, if there is no difference - if you can’t use the above format - it’s a sign that multiple packages probably are not needed.

EDIT for clarification, using my example in the (PPD) section point 2:

A description for a ‘Sketch’ package might be “scanned pencil sketch of your character”, while the expanded description in the gig, might be:

“The Sketch package offers a full pencil-and-paper sketch that will be scanned at 300 DPI. Delivery will be made using a Dropbox, to accommodate the large file size. Sketch - a drawing with lines defined enough to be able to create line-art.”

This is far too long to go into the package description, but helps the Buyer make an informed decision, so it’s elaborated in the gig.

• Like 19

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Thank you so much @imagination7413. 😀

I have bookmarked your post for future reference and will read again while creating a new gig.

I am thinking about using Canva Images in my gigs. Can I use them? Please suggest which site would be best for images.

Thanks for your time.😊

I am thinking about using Canva Images in my gigs. Can I use them? Please suggest which site would be best for images.

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for where to get images, and am unfamiliar with Canva. If at all possible, you should create/capture your own images. I’m aware that not everyone is a creative, but there are things that are easy, fast, and free to make what you already have better, without using materials that could be questionable.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 9:55 PM, imagination7413 said:

Professionalism includes consistency and honesty, and there are many things that can turn buyers away.

As a rule of thumb, I have found that it’s always better to pass up on a gig that you feel may be outside of your scope rather than take on a project that puts you in over your head later on. Honesty and consistency are an integral part of this!

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 8:21 PM, josiah648 said:

Thank you for the helpful tips! I have a question and I hope this is a good place to post it. Somewhere I read that I could limit the number of orders that I can receive at a time on a given gig. Could someone explain where to set that, if it’s possible?

This should help, for the first part of your post.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/78709-forum-guide-where-to-post-what-to-post-whats-in-the-categories/

On the second part: Click the Gig’s tab, click on the gig you want to limit, turn on [LIMIT] in the menu that opens, and type the number. You’ll have to do that for each gig individually.

image.png.91d8a5e5ebda9a6796edd51bbab3280f.png

Also, note that this does not actually act as a hard barrier. People can still order the gig. It’s just a visual deterrent. If you’re dealing with too many orders, it’s a sign that it’s time to raise your prices.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

I have a little problem understanding PPD point 1. can you explain a little more.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:31 AM, imagination7413 said:

If you want to offer extra quantity, make it a bonus and don’t forget to add in the extra time it will take.

How can I add it as a bonus?

And Thank you for such a great explanation.

• Like 5

(Quick reminder first, there’s exceptions to every rule and not everything can apply to all categories or all gigs.)

Under the second step, “Pricing”, there’s a section called ‘Add Extra Services’ with many default options. You should also be able to add two custom Extras.

Click for Images

image.thumb.png.20f564a4a93ee0436ef5477e5ad5a422.png
image712×759 28.1 KB

Your PCB board gig:

image.png.a5964f6acaab79e3c162305b805b35bf.png
image752×578 28.3 KB

So, putting those quantities as custom Extras, you simplify the gig and make it less confusing for potential buyer to understand.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me, a very silly question.

I just signed but I can’t find the page where I can see buyer requests for my gigs. Can you help me?

I used the post a request function as a customer and I received a lot of messages, but on seller side I can’t find a list. Thank you!

• Like 5

Excuse me, a very silly question.

I just signed but I can’t find the page where I can see buyer requests for my gigs. Can you help me?

I used the post a request function as a customer and I received a lot of messages, but on seller side I can’t find a list. Thank you!

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

In a desktop browser, it’s found under the [More] option at the top of the page while in Seller mode. If you don’t see the option, try zooming out. If there are no requests currently available for your categories or level, you will not see any listed.

Please also see: Buyer Requests - Leadership Suggestions on Buyer Request Complaints (Few Requests, BR FAQ's, Times, Issues Etc.) (Note: many of the links in that thread are broken, but the articles can still be found in the Seller/Buyer Help Center https://www.fiverr.com/support/ by searching for the article title from the link.)

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 1:52 PM, imagination7413 said:

Not every gig needs three packages. If there’s no difference between your packages, you don’t need three. What counts as a difference? Quantity does NOT . Quality DOES . If you want to offer extra quantity, make it a bonus and don’t forget to add in the extra time it will take.

Question, I currently offer three packages but for the same thing. Would it be wise just to offer one? The only thing is lets say someone orders a 2x of a gig, the delivery date doesn’t change so I am kind of contemplating if I should stick with 3 packages or just do one?

• Like 4

(Quick reminder first, there’s exceptions to every rule and not everything can apply to all categories or all gigs.)

I glanced at your gig, and as far as I can tell, it might be worth trying. The way you have it set up, a buyer is more likely to order the basic package twice than the standard package, because the 3 @ $20 * 2 = $40 which costs less than 6 @ $45. Same strange pricing with Premium.

Any potential buyer who sees this is going to ask “why does it cost more for the same amount?” and with good reason, and then either make an incorrect purchase or leave. (Please see (DES) point 3.)

As an alternative, please see the reply I made here, in response to the same question: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide

• Like 3