Why buyers do not deal with new sellers on the site?

karimdesignier

Guest nazrul_webxpert

Why buyers do not deal with new sellers on the site?

Your assumptions are completely false. Potential clients buy from newbies all the time. You must have great eye catching gigs, thumbnail, and most importantly, an extremely well written gig description.

It has to be error free, flows well, makes sense and very, very professional. I’m tired of seeing page after page of junk, Google translated & horribly written gigs.

Maybe just maybe it’s not the buyers but the sellers don’t have good gigs. Almost 100% or 99.5% of the million gigs have 5 star reviews so I assure you, for serious buyers, it’s not that enticing.

If you think not having review is the reason you haven’t made a sale, you are dead WRONG!

Its a valuable suggestion for new sellers. Thank you very much for your kind information and suggestion.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel, that both sides get extremely touchy. People, who posted the question feel attacked and people answering the question are pretty blunt and maybe tired of the same questions. The old sellers, do not understand new sellers and their difficulty whil old sellers mostly posting here are too-extra rude at times. Which I also felt when I first visited, I mean if some of you are so tired of all this why do you answer questions with such frustration.

However, this isn’t on anyone in specific, I agree that there was no racist comment I think he messed racism’s meaning with some other word.

I mean if some of you are so tired of all this why do you answer questions with such frustration.

That’s a valid question. No one forces us to do this. People have all different styles and some are more careful of the feelings and sensitivities of others. Others like to light into people and probably get some satisfaction from that. I’m somewhere in the middle.

That question is flawed. There are buyers who deal with new sellers, all the time. Some even filter for new sellers, I know that as well from reading the forum as from having done it myself.

Every single seller who has at least 1 review, once was a new seller and, obviously, someone bought from them.

Of course, it might be that there is more competition every year and the buyer:seller ratio might be getting worse from seller POV but nethertheless, every single year, there are new sellers whom buyers buy from and new sellers whom buyers don’t buy from. Ergo, it’s (at least not just) not the being new or not that matters.

If you browse the forum, you’ll find lots of “no new sales since I got level 1/2” posts, by the way, that means from people who got sales as new sellers and saw a drop in sales when they lost their new status, as Fiverr actually favours new sellers.

Your question, at first to yourself, could instead be something productive like “Why don’t buyers buy my Gig?”, and once you did everything you could to find out, optimized your Gig to make it attractive, and couldn’t find answers to your question in the many forum threads dealing with that question, it might help to post in the “Improve my Gig” category to ask others for advice,
or to ask that question in Conversations again, and in that case, a post that details things like how long you already are on Fiverr and what you have already tried to make buyers buy your Gig, usually will garner more helpful replies than just posting a question which is more an allegation than a question.

It takes a lot of patience to get more buyers to contact you. If you lower your asking price a bit to begin with, then you’ll be able to receive more traffic on Fiverr. After a while, work will start to flow in to your inbox and become more stable. They key is to get a good review.

It takes a lot of patience to get more buyers to contact you. If you lower your asking price a bit to begin with, then you’ll be able to receive more traffic on Fiverr. After a while, work will start to flow in to your inbox and become more stable. They key is to get a good review.

and if someone doesn’t leave a review - then you should definitely ask them to do so.

Very bad advice!!! NEVER do that, or you’ll risk getting a warning!

and if someone doesn’t leave a review - then you should definitely ask them to do so.

What? Like, if you just say “Here is your order. Be sure to leave a review, if you like my work” - that kinda thing. Isn’t that okay? I don’t mean to ask them after the delivery - but to include a reference to it within the delivery text.

Very bad advice!!! NEVER do that , or you’ll risk getting a warning!

I hope this isn’t true. Seems like a strange thing to get a warning for.

I know that you shouldn’t pressure the buyer into leaving a review and that you definitely can’t ask them to leave five stars or anything like that. But ‘being polite and remind them to leave a review,’ would you say that’s against the rules? Even though that Fiverr reminds the buyer anyway to do this.

Is that true? is it against ToCs to ask for a review!?

“Here is your order. Be sure to leave a review, if you like my work” -

Read this:

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here. Here is the email I received. image.png.8b09b095ccfd2771e4a7b00f3ee75694.pngThis link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback Note Amy said it should be of the buyer…

What? Like, if you just say “Here is your order. Be sure to leave a review, if you like my work” - that kinda thing. Isn’t that okay? I don’t mean to ask them after the delivery - but to include a reference to it within the delivery text.

“Here is your order. Be sure to leave a review, if you like my work

This definitely is risky, the “if …” bit can be interpreted as review manipulation as it implies that you don’t want them to leave a review if they do not like your work.

In either case, though, there are many sellers who recommend to not ask for a review at all, see Vickie’s linked thread.

Even though that Fiverr reminds the buyer anyway to do this.

You could also say “Exactly because Fiverr reminds the buyers already, don’t do it.”

Personally, as a seller, I never ask for reviews at all. And as a buyer, I hate it when sellers do.

I hope this isn’t true. Seems like a strange thing to get a warning for.

Yes, it’s true. And no, it’s not a strange thing sellers getting warned because they have asked, no matter how, for buyers to leave reviews.

Yes, like if you say that. It doesn’t matter how or when you do it.

But ‘being polite and remind them to leave a review,’ would you say that’s against the rules?

It’s not me who says it, it’s Fiverr. And you answered yourself and acknowledged it when saying:

I know that you shouldn’t pressure the buyer into leaving a review and that you definitely can’t ask them to leave five stars or anything like that. Even though that Fiverr reminds the buyer anyway to do this.

“Here is your order. Be sure to leave a review, if you like my work” -

Read this:

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here. Here is the email I received. [image.png]This link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback Note Amy said it should be of the buyer…

Thanks for doing that.

Guest devjonayet

Someone might be new to Fiverr, but they might be experts in their niche. Even a top rated seller with the multiple 5 star reviews was once a new seller. Encourage someone to grow, give a new seller that chance to prove his/her worth.

Really Appretiate, Thank you brother 😊

I have a one star review that contains a false statement that’s been there a while but still won’t ask CS about it. Someone mentioned getting a warning for this.

My one star review says twice that I delivered the order “in a few minutes” when it was, as time stamps show, four hours later. Apparently the person left a one star review based on me delivering in “a few minutes” when it’s a lie.

I might be a bit late in the game and my opinion might not matter at this point, but to answer your question, this is what I think why SOME buyers decide not to buy from new sellers.

1. People in general tend to look for sellers with good/many reviews. That’s just how it is.
  2. People don’t want to take the extra time to search through every page and scroll down each time. Unless they are looking for something very specific, chances are they won’t click on page 2, they just stay on the first page and see if they can find anything they like.
  3. Buyers simply think new sellers = inexperienced
  4. New sellers tend to have very low prices. While many buyers appreciate low prices, for some buyers that’s a red flag.
  5. This is the opposite of 4, but some new sellers tend to have high prices but with no reviews. Some buyers tend to avoid gigs with high prices unless the seller has reviews.

I guess that’s about it.
I checked your gigs BTW, and I think someone pointed this out somewhere up there, but logo gigs and business card gigs are VERY competitive, and it would be very hard to stand out at this point unless you can offer something unique. It’s not just about how new you are, it’s also about how professional and unique your gigs are.

When I was a new seller in my first week, I didn’t pay attention to my new gigs on fiverr and forgot about them until I saw messages later about them that I was getting orders. So it’s possible that some new sellers don’t really think they will get sales and are gone, or not taking this as seriously as they should.

Also new sellers probably in most cases have not worked out how they can smoothly handle sales, inquiries and all the rest of the things that go into having a well practiced “machine” to handle orders. Everything is new and some things are bound to go wrong.

This is a constant learning experience even for me as I go into my seventh year. I am still learning things. I learn about various types, styles, and concerns of my clients all the time.

Archived