Why buyers do not deal with new sellers on the site?

karimdesignier

I am glad this here is not about the use of the English language. I am also glad I am not the only one who viewed your submissions in the negative. Above all, it is a pity you have also refused to comprehend that an effective communication is not about the messenger but about the audience to who the message is meant for. If only you will undersstand that buyers can as well read through our submissions on this thread, you will understand that your are the one who needs to recheck it. Your idea on this thread is doing a disservice to the new buyers on the site .

Why are you taking what she said as personal criticism? She’s right, lots of new sellers are unqualified for the type of gigs they offer. Not all. I don’t think she was referring to you in particular, just what we see on the forum on a daily basis has given that impression quite a bit.

This thread asked a question based on a broad and untrue generalization and was answered in kind. New sellers do get sales, lots of them. But many never do and these are some of the reasons, which she gave.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad this here is not about the use of the English language. I am also glad I am not the only one who viewed your submissions in the negative. Above all, it is a pity you have also refused to comprehend that an effective communication is not about the messenger but about the audience to who the message is meant for. If only you will undersstand that buyers can as well read through our submissions on this thread, you will understand that your are the one who needs to recheck it. Your idea on this thread is doing a disservice to the new buyers on the site .

No it isn’t.

He asked me a question and I answered it. If you have a problem with me saying many new sellers put buyers off, then maybe they should stop putting buyers off. It’s the truth. New sellers won’t stop behaving this way unless they know how buyers perceive it.

Why are you taking what she said as personal criticism? She’s right, lots of new sellers are unqualified for the type of gigs they offer. Not all. I don’t think she was referring to you in particular, just what we see on the forum on a daily basis has given that impression quite a bit.

This thread asked a question based on a broad and untrue generalization and was answered in kind. New sellers do get sales, lots of them. But many never do and these are some of the reasons, which she gave.

I am not taking it personal at all. I am just standing in solidarity with new sellers. I am insisting that she was too general in her first post.

Thank you.

I wasn’t even talking to him. He got defensive with me, saying “there is nothing wrong with being a newbie” and I NEVER said that there was. I had explained that it is the behaviours that put people off and cause these perceptions. According to him that means I think new sellers are inherently bad and that I am racist.

I am not taking it personal at all. I am just standing in solidarity with new sellers. I am insisting that she was too general in her first post.

Ok we all have our opinions which may differ and we all get to say them here. We all don’t have to agree. She is outspoken and there is a lot of truth in what she said but it was a very biased question that this asks and it was an equally biased response. The truth is that many new sellers DO get sales. And many new sellers are unqualified and don’t read the terms of service.

So we can meet somewhere in the middle on this one.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but you may be partly right.

It is usually the new sellers with none or few sales who spam social media, harrass previous buyers and deliver poor work and ask unethical and repetitive questions in this forum. A lot of buyers want to minimize the risk of dealing with people with poor judgement, skill and a lack of professionalism. The new sellers are the people who ask repetitive questions here and give out bad advice here.

A certain degree of understanding of business is required to get sales here and I imagine a lot of buyers want that understanding.

The new sellers are the people who ask repetitive questions here and give out bad advice here.

There is no phrase like “many new sellers” in this sentence. Check it, this is the the expression I have been opposing. You can as well edit it to show sho you were not refering to all the new sellers. Even if you don’t, I am glad you are beginning to twist it, judging from from your last post.

Cheers!

Ok we all have our opinions which may differ and we all get to say them here. We all don’t have to agree. She is outspoken and there is a lot of truth in what she said but it was a very biased question that this asks and it was an equally biased response. The truth is that many new sellers DO get sales. And many new sellers are unqualified and don’t read the terms of service.

So we can meet somewhere in the middle on this one.

And at the end of the day, his response is rooted in faulty logic. My pointing out trends of bad behaviour of new sellers doesn’t mean that I think new sellers are “wrong” for being here.

I was explaining what causes a bad perception of people when asked why they supposedly don’t choose new sellers. That doesn’t mean I myself have that perception. And it certainly doesn’t mean I am racist. I didn’t even bring up race. He is the one correlating race with problematic behaviour, not me.

The new sellers are the people who ask repetitive questions here and give out bad advice here.

There is no phrase like “many new sellers” in this sentence. Check it, this is the the expression I have been opposing. You can as well edit it to show sho you were not refering to all the new sellers. Even if you don’t, I am glad you are beginning to twist it, judging from from your last post.

Cheers!

Omg you misinterpreted me again. I am not saying your question is repetitive. I’m saying many new sellers have bad behaviour like asking repetitive questions. See the difference?

Please improve your English.

Omg you misinterpreted me again. I am not saying your question is repetitive. I’m saying many new sellers have bad behaviour like asking repetitive questions. See the difference?

How I wish you would also understand that I am reading what you are writing and not thinking what you are thinking?

As a new seller myself, I did realize that most of my questions have been answered since that’s what we noobs will do. Also, why in the world was race brought up? It has nothing to do with that at the slightest. It’s more based on what you do here as agig, not you’re race. I don’t think everyone would want someone who…lets say reviews your docs or draws you something. What you do will affect what you earn. Now everyone stop going at it like your complaining about your favorite character from a show and move on with your day. Please.

@forcopywriting We have slanted viewpoints who come here to this forum on a daily basis. If you could witness what we see constantly you might understand why some have bad opinions of new sellers. I do see and agree with you that it’s not all new sellers who are bad and she could have mentioned her viewpoint more fairly however.

I am explaining perceptions buyers have of new sellers and why. That doesn’t mean I think all new sellers do that.

Perception has impact regardless of its accuracy. A lot of people think pit bulls are bad because there are a lot of reports of bites. If I were to point that out, that wouldn’t mean I think pitbulls or bad or that I think that is true.

All I did was explain that there is a trend and share the impact of that trend. And I only did that because the OP asked. Thst doesn’t mean I have a certain belief.

There ARE trends and those trends do impact who people buy from. My pointing that out doesn’t mean I’m being unfair.

As a new seller myself, I did realize that most of my questions have been answered since that’s what we noobs will do. Also, why in the world was race brought up? It has nothing to do with that at the slightest. It’s more based on what you do here as agig, not you’re race. I don’t think everyone would want someone who…lets say reviews your docs or draws you something. What you do will affect what you earn. Now everyone stop going at it like your complaining about your favorite character from a show and move on with your day. Please.

I only brought up race because he said I was being racist. I wasn’t and was defending myself. Read the thread and address the one who brought up race in this. It wasn’t me. I was only defending myself.

And I explained why it WASN’T anything to do with race, so I don’t understand why you are telling me it isn’t about race. That’s literally what I said.

Also, why in the world was race brought up?

I am not sure why @karimdesignier brought that up? It perplexes me. The new members on the Forum are of many races as are new sellers. And it was the new sellers and new members of the Forum that @humanissocial was referring to.

Also, why in the world was race brought up?

I am not sure why @karimdesignier brought that up? It perplexes me. The new members on the Forum are of many races as are new sellers. And it was the new sellers and new members of the Forum that @humanissocial was referring to.

Thanks Vickie. He said I was being racist for noting that the people who do these problematic things are almost always new sellers and explaining the impact that has on buyer perception.

I only brought up race because he said I was being racist. I wasn’t and was defending myself. Read the thread and address the one who brought up race in this. It wasn’t me. I was only defending myself.

And I explained why it WASN’T anything to do with race, so I don’t understand why you are telling me it isn’t about race. That’s literally what I said.

Yea, I know. I saw the message up ahead. I was just as confused as you are when it was, Wasn’t really coming at you or anyone about it, just stating on the fact it has no part in the thread.

Yea, I know. I saw the message up ahead. I was just as confused as you are when it was, Wasn’t really coming at you or anyone about it, just stating on the fact it has no part in the thread.

All in all, it’s just sad that an option was the racist card. If you’re gonna respond to someone with a reply, at least read their messages and don’t bring in false claims. Thank you.

Got it. Thanks.

Yes it makes zero sense. He is just mad that I spoke the truth and wanted to discredit me. The ironic thing is that he is making a correlation between race and bad behaviour, not me.

If people want to change the perception of new sellers, they should address the ones who are behaving this way instead of trying to pretend it isn’t happening and calling me a racist.

Got it. Thanks.

Yes it makes zero sense. He is just mad that I spoke the truth and wanted to discredit me. The ironic thing is that he is making a correlation between race and bad behaviour, not me.

If people want to change the perception of new sellers, they should address the ones who are behaving this way instead of trying to pretend it isn’t happening and calling me a racist.

Look. At this point we should all try not to get worked up over some words someone said. Waste of energy and time. Let’s just all calm down and chill out. : )

I am sorry to everyone for the question that caused this intense debate

Don’t be sorry. It is only intense because people didn’t like that I explained trends of bad behaviour in new sellers. Nothing to do with your question. People don’t want to hear that new sellers have a major image problem and they are just attacking me for pointing out why that image exists.

I feel, that both sides get extremely touchy. People, who posted the question feel attacked and people answering the question are pretty blunt and maybe tired of the same questions. The old sellers, do not understand new sellers and their difficulty whil old sellers mostly posting here are too-extra rude at times. Which I also felt when I first visited, I mean if some of you are so tired of all this why do you answer questions with such frustration.

However, this isn’t on anyone in specific, I agree that there was no racist comment I think he messed racism’s meaning with some other word.

Archived