Why buyers do not deal with new sellers on the site?

karimdesignier

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but you may be partly right.

It is usually the new sellers with none or few sales who spam social media, harrass previous buyers and deliver poor work and ask unethical and repetitive questions in this forum. A lot of buyers want to minimize the risk of dealing with people with poor judgement, skill and a lack of professionalism. The new sellers are the people who ask repetitive questions here and give out bad advice here.

A certain degree of understanding of business is required to get sales here and I imagine a lot of buyers want that understanding.

It is usually the new sellers with none or few sales who spam social media, harrass previous buyers and deliver poor work and ask unethical and repetitive questions in this forum. A lot of buyers want to minimize the risk of dealing with people with poor judgement, skill and a lack of professionalism. The new sellers are the people who ask repetitive questions here and give out bad advice here.

A certain degree of understanding of business is required to get sales here and I imagine a lot of buyers want that understanding.

The new sellers are the people who ask repetitive questions here and give out bad advice here.

Sorry to ask, did you join Fiverr with reviews from the start? Don’t you think you are being too general and unfair to new sellers like us who may have successfully built a pedigree in our niche before joining Fiverr? Do you even know that people pay to have their gigs reviewed on Fiverr? Come on! There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie and that I am new to Fiverr doesn’t make me unprofessional or a dumb. Thank God that Fiverr understands that principle which is why I am seeing some new sellers’ gigs ranking above even some top-rated sellers. A new seller today, if given a chance, can become a top-rated seller tomorrow. Cheers!

Regardless of expertise, reviews are often the only thing buyers have to go on. They cannot verify the seller’s experience and professionalism any other way than with reviews. I agree this is difficult for new sellers but as @forcopywriting says - everyone started with zero reviews, so judging by the fact that there are succesful sellers on Fiverr, there are definitely buyers that give new sellers a chance!

I personally got my ‘start’ on Fiverr as a seller without reviews when an experienced seller placed an order with me - specifically because he saw I had no reviews yet and wanted to support a new seller! So there are buyers out there who will take a chance on new sellers, but people who want a safe bet and a quality guarantee will always chose a seller with good reviews.

Do you mean that my question is immoral?

Regardless of expertise, reviews are often the only thing buyers have to go on. They cannot verify the seller’s experience and professionalism any other way than with reviews. I agree this is difficult for new sellers but as @forcopywriting says - everyone started with zero reviews, so judging by the fact that there are succesful sellers on Fiverr, there are definitely buyers that give new sellers a chance!

I personally got my ‘start’ on Fiverr as a seller without reviews when an experienced seller placed an order with me - specifically because he saw I had no reviews yet and wanted to support a new seller! So there are buyers out there who will take a chance on new sellers, but people who want a safe bet and a quality guarantee will always chose a seller with good reviews.

Exactly, when I was being bullied here on my first forum topic. A buyer, helped me get my first order to help me cross this line of 0 reviews. And even though, my work wasn’t so good at that time he still gave me good reviews to help me.

I had the same question as posted above, but I got my answer as I learnt that, most people have limited financial budgets and therefore trust new sellers because

1. they are willing to work 2. They agree to work within the budget.

And most people are looking for those who are keen to work. Most sellers with reviews and ongoing order, do not negotiate on budget and secondly they confident-ally say no if your budget falls low.

The new sellers are the people who ask repetitive questions here and give out bad advice here.

Sorry to ask, did you join Fiverr with reviews from the start? Don’t you think you are being too general and unfair to new sellers like us who may have successfully built a pedigree in our niche before joining Fiverr? Do you even know that people pay to have their gigs reviewed on Fiverr? Come on! There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie and that I am new to Fiverr doesn’t make me unprofessional or a dumb. Thank God that Fiverr understands that principle which is why I am seeing some new sellers’ gigs ranking above even some top-rated sellers. A new seller today, if given a chance, can become a top-rated seller tomorrow. Cheers!

I am seeing some new sellers’ gigs ranking above even some top-rated sellers.

That is because Fiverr gives sellers a boost when they are new by placing them on the first search pages. It does not mean they rank above the TRS. 😉

I’m NOT saying it SHOULD be this way. He asked why people prefer older sellers and I’m explaining why. I would have thought a copywriter would see that…

I am seeing some new sellers’ gigs ranking above even some top-rated sellers.

That is because Fiverr gives sellers a boost when they are new by placing them on the first search pages. It does not mean they rank above the TRS. 😉

You just picked one aspect of the message. However, how does an algorithym define ranking by the way?

Your assumptions are completely false. Potential clients buy from newbies all the time. You must have great eye catching gigs, thumbnail, and most importantly, an extremely well written gig description.

It has to be error free, flows well, makes sense and very, very professional. I’m tired of seeing page after page of junk, Google translated & horribly written gigs.

Maybe just maybe it’s not the buyers but the sellers don’t have good gigs. Almost 100% or 99.5% of the million gigs have 5 star reviews so I assure you, for serious buyers, it’s not that enticing.

If you think not having review is the reason you haven’t made a sale, you are dead WRONG!

I’m NOT saying it SHOULD be this way. He asked why people prefer older sellers and I’m explaining why. I would have thought a copywriter would see that…

You sounded so misleadingly smile:. Read through @helenakc’s reply and you would see how it should have been said without sounding misleadingly. Finally, maybe you didn’t check, but I don’t think the audience for this write up is the sellers. I think it was meant for the buyers. A new buyer can decide to take that your idea just as it is because he/she may not not be a copywriter. It is not about being a copywriter. It is also about seeking counsel from the forum.

You asked me a question and I answered it.

But this answer is racist, and an insult to all sellers on the site

It isn’t racist at all. Wow.

And I wasn’t even expressing what people should and shouldn’t do. You asked why people don’t buy from new sellers and I told you. That means I’m racist? 😂

Don’t ask a question if you are going attack a person for answering it.

A person’s race doesn’t make them spam and people of all races do it. I made no mention of race at all. You are the one drawing a correlation between bad behaviour and race. You are trying to discredit me with faulty racism claims to discredit me because you don’t want to hear that a lot of new sellers are problematic. They are. It has nothing to do with race and new sellers come in all races.

You sounded so misleadingly smile:. Read through @helenakc’s reply and you would see how it should have been said without sounding misleadingly. Finally, maybe you didn’t check, but I don’t think the audience for this write up is the sellers. I think it was meant for the buyers. A new buyer can decide to take that your idea just as it is because he/she may not not be a copywriter. It is not about being a copywriter. It is also about seeking counsel from the forum.

My copywriter point was that being a copywriter you shouldn’t have misinterpreted what I wrote that way. Copywriters should have pretty decent comprehension.

Do you not see the irony of an English copywriter misinterpreting basic English?

It isn’t racist at all. Wow.

And I wasn’t even expressing what people should and shouldn’t do. You asked why people don’t buy from new sellers and I told you. That means I’m racist? 😂

Don’t ask a question if you are going attack a person for answering it.

A person’s race doesn’t make them spam and people of all races do it. I made no mention of race at all. You are the one drawing a correlation between bad behaviour and race. You are trying to discredit me with faulty racism claims to discredit me because you don’t want to hear that a lot of new sellers are problematic. They are. It has nothing to do with race and new sellers come in all races.

With all due respect to you and all members of the forum

1 - I asked buyers, not sellers

2 - I asked a clear question to get an answer to improve the services of all new sellers and to upgrade their level, but I received nothing but insult

thank you

You asked me a question and I answered it.

But this answer is racist, and an insult to all sellers on the site

But this answer is racist

I love this. Playing the race card when nothing was mentioned or implied about race.

It gave me a chuckle so for that you get award of the day from me. It was pretty far out.

I can’t even tell what race anyone is usually here. But that was an answer so far beyond the norm that I have to say it is outstanding, not in a good way but nevertheless livened things up around here.

2 - I asked a clear question to get an answer to improve the services of all new sellers and to upgrade their level, but I received nothing but insult

thank you

Then take @gina_riley2 advice to heart. She is a long time buyer on Fiverr. Gina knows what she is talking about.

The Race Card. I don’t remember even seeing that one here before. And it appears to me the person who played it is the same race as the one he was referring to as racist. :rofl:

When any question is asked people are allowed to give answers. If you don’t like the answer then you don’t have to be rude. She was giving her honest opinion, as critical as it may have sounded.

I agree.

I have been a seller on Fiverr now for just over a month and found the first 2 weeks extremely slow. But as i started to receive interest, slowly but surely my engagement started to increase. It seems to have a snowball effect.

I’m so grateful for my first buyers as they are the reason things are starting to move.

Give the little guys a chance and watch them go!!! 🙂

My copywriter point was that being a copywriter you shouldn’t have misinterpreted what I wrote that way. Copywriters should have pretty decent comprehension.

Do you not see the irony of an English copywriter misinterpreting basic English?

I am glad this here is not about the use of the English language. I am also glad I am not the only one who viewed your submissions in the negative. Above all, it is a pity you have also refused to comprehend that an effective communication is not about the messenger but about the audience to who the message is meant for. If only you will undersstand that buyers can as well read through our submissions on this thread, you will understand that your are the one who needs to recheck it. Your idea on this thread is doing a disservice to the new buyers on the site .

thank you

I am telling you what buyers think.

Don’t tell me with all due respect. You just told me I’m racist for explaining the problematic things many new sellers do that put buyers off. It’ makes no sense and is really rude to me. You didn’t like my answer so decided to call me a racist.

Archived