Talking to buyers on social media after order is completed

businessboi8

So if someone has bought from us on fiverr, then finds us on social media, it’s ok to chat with them?

I’m not asking because of anything I want to do as I’m not on social media. I just find it confusing.

So if someone has bought from us on fiverr, then finds us on social media, it’s ok to chat with them?

If I understood correctly, it’s only ok if that person knew us before they bought from us (for example, we’ve already been chatting on social media, and then they came to Fiverr to buy our service).

But can’t the CS see our whole order based Fiverr chat? If they can then no need to send screenshots.

CS can see it if they have to, but they’re overworked. It’s better to send them screenshots with relevant parts pointed out.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I understood correctly, it’s only ok if that person knew us before they bought from us (for example, we’ve already been chatting on social media, and then they came to Fiverr to buy our service).

But can’t the CS see our whole order based Fiverr chat? If they can then no need to send screenshots.

CS can see it if they have to, but they’re overworked. It’s better to send them screenshots with relevant parts pointed out.

Hmm. I agree with you. But here is another screenshot regarding if buyer finds us on social media after the order is completed.

Screenshot_2019-11-24-19-16-22-471_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.99a1a1e04eb35bd58ff23ca9282bbde0.png

If we were not allowed to ever chat or be in contact again with people we knew before they bought our gig on Fiverr, Fiverr would be a hot “secret” tip all over the internet to get rid of “contact duties” with unloved family members, just convince them to buy your gig, and hence you may only ever talk to them via Fiverr 😉

However, OP, what does the “You’re not in trouble, just don’t do it again” (= if you do it again, you’re in trouble) from your screenshot refer to?

You are going round and round in circles here. Put simply, there is zero reason why you need to even invite friends an family to look at your gigs.

As far as marketing goes, sellers promote gigs via several fee and paid marketing channels every day. It would be easy for many buyers to find sellers via their own websites and social media accounts. However, few ever bother to. Why is simple. I go to Pizza Hut to order a pizza. I don’t contact someone who works at Pizza Hut via Facebook to place an order. This is how Fiverr and every freelance platform works.

You are making it sound as if you expect to be chatting every day about the weather with past clients. In reality, there is no need to communicate with clients after an order is complete. If you do decide to contact them, that is considered spam.

If I was a member of your Discord group, bought from you, and then started getting unsolicited messages from you afterward, I’d consider that spam and I might well report you to Fiverr.

It all comes down to your definition of what a friend is. Put simply a friend is someone you know personally. A fiend is not one of your hundreds or thousands of followers on social media who might happen to buy from you after you do a little PR.

It sounds (and it will probably sound to CS the more you pursue this topic) that you are trying to find a way around not being able to communicate with buyers off-Fiverr. Either this, or you are planning to have friends an family buy your gig to get some reviews.

I have buyers I have brought to Fiverr. If ever they send me an email, I send a response asking them to contact me through Fiverr. It’s that simple.

If we were not allowed to ever chat or be in contact again with people we knew before they bought our gig on Fiverr, Fiverr would be a hot “secret” tip all over the internet to get rid of “contact duties” with unloved family members, just convince them to buy your gig, and hence you may only ever talk to them via Fiverr 😉

However, OP, what does the “You’re not in trouble, just don’t do it again” (= if you do it again, you’re in trouble) from your screenshot refer to?

I shared a promo code with buyer because he couldn’t afford my gig. So CS told me not to share it again.

You are going round and round in circles here. Put simply, there is zero reason why you need to even invite friends an family to look at your gigs.

As far as marketing goes, sellers promote gigs via several fee and paid marketing channels every day. It would be easy for many buyers to find sellers via their own websites and social media accounts. However, few ever bother to. Why is simple. I go to Pizza Hut to order a pizza. I don’t contact someone who works at Pizza Hut via Facebook to place an order. This is how Fiverr and every freelance platform works.

You are making it sound as if you expect to be chatting every day about the weather with past clients. In reality, there is no need to communicate with clients after an order is complete. If you do decide to contact them, that is considered spam.

If I was a member of your Discord group, bought from you, and then started getting unsolicited messages from you afterward, I’d consider that spam and I might well report you to Fiverr.

It all comes down to your definition of what a friend is. Put simply a friend is someone you know personally. A fiend is not one of your hundreds or thousands of followers on social media who might happen to buy from you after you do a little PR.

It sounds (and it will probably sound to CS the more you pursue this topic) that you are trying to find a way around not being able to communicate with buyers off-Fiverr. Either this, or you are planning to have friends an family buy your gig to get some reviews.

I have buyers I have brought to Fiverr. If ever they send me an email, I send a response asking them to contact me through Fiverr. It’s that simple.

Well it’s not going in circles. You didn’t read my replies. My main concern was community having thousands of people and If I share gig with them , I wanted to know if I would be able to interact again or not.

Well it’s not going in circles. You didn’t read my replies. My main concern was community having thousands of people and If I share gig with them , I wanted to know if I would be able to interact again or not.

My main concern was community having thousands of people and If I share gig with them , I wanted to know if I would be able to interact again or not.

If you have a community of thousands of people, you share a pitch for and link to your gig, If any of those people follow that link and buy from you, great. You compete their order, and everything is done. There is absolutely no need to keep on messaging them about their order on social media or wherever.

If they contact you on social media or wherever about buying a new gig or an old order, you invite them to contact you again on Fiverr.

Your thread makes no sense for two reasons:

• If you have thousands of people in your community who you believe want what you offer, simply deal with them exclusively on you own terms, without ever mentioning Fiverr.
  • You can still use Fiverr to create gig. However, then you will simply process orders from Fiverr users. (Not people in your community, as you are dealing with them privately.)

I have read your entire thread and I find it strange how you have not come to this simple conclusion yourself, unless you are trying to find a loophole to get around Fiverr rules.

My main concern was community having thousands of people and If I share gig with them , I wanted to know if I would be able to interact again or not.

If you have a community of thousands of people, you share a pitch for and link to your gig, If any of those people follow that link and buy from you, great. You compete their order, and everything is done. There is absolutely no need to keep on messaging them about their order on social media or wherever.

If they contact you on social media or wherever about buying a new gig or an old order, you invite them to contact you again on Fiverr.

• If you have thousands of people in your community who you believe want what you offer, simply deal with them exclusively on you own terms, without ever mentioning Fiverr.
  • You can still use Fiverr to create gig. However, then you will simply process orders from Fiverr users. (Not people in your community, as you are dealing with them privately.)

I have read your entire thread and I find it strange how you have not come to this simple conclusion yourself, unless you are trying to find a loophole to get around Fiverr rules.

Well you just now said that “Why I would want to tell them that they have an order?” And there you misinterpreted my replies and my entire thread. Why Would I even want to talk to them regarding the order? When there is Fiverr. I just wanted to know if I can again interact with them like “Hey! how are you? Let’s play some games.” and also if you have read the entire thread then you would have found some people saying that it’s against the rules that’s why the thread continued and as I said my problem is already solved by CS and I guess CS conclusion is final. That’s it.

Also why would I want to create a loophole lol when CS already told it’s fine whatever I asked them regarding the question. Yea I agree before they(CS) said ‘No’ but when I made myself clear ,they were fine with it .

Well you just now said that “Why I would want to tell them that they have an order?” And there you misinterpreted my replies and my entire thread. Why Would I even want to talk to them regarding the order? When there is Fiverr. I just wanted to know if I can again interact with them like “Hey! how are you? Let’s play some games.” and also if you have read the entire thread then you would have found some people saying that it’s against the rules that’s why the thread continued and as I said my problem is already solved by CS and I guess CS conclusion is final. That’s it.

Well you just now said that “Why I would want to tell them that they have an order?”

I said no such thing and that doesn’t make any sense.

My basic point remains.

You might have got a green light from CS. However, I can’t see you lasting very long if you do not make a clear distinction between ‘friends’ and ‘clients.’

Well you just now said that “Why I would want to tell them that they have an order?”

I said no such thing and that doesn’t make any sense.

My basic point remains.

You might have got a green light from CS. However, I can’t see you lasting very long if you do not make a clear distinction between ‘friends’ and ‘clients.’

Kindly read the last line of first paragraph. There you mentioned that “Why would you even contact buyer on social media regarding your order” and what do you mean by distinction between friends and client? If you want to handle a community of over thousands of people ,you have to be nice with them . It’s not about friends or clients only

Screenshot_2019-11-25-15-30-11-982_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.9c1fbaaf33b7cc23052bdfad848853a3.png

Hope you get it now.

Kindly read the last line of first paragraph. There you mentioned that “Why would you even contact buyer on social media regarding your order” and what do you mean by distinction between friends and client? If you want to handle a community of over thousands of people ,you have to be nice with them . It’s not about friends or clients only

Hope you get it now.

I don’t get it at all and I don’t think you do. I guess this will just be an interesting one to watch. Good luck. 🤞

Fiverr has access to your inbox. If they see you cross-referencing other platforms in there enough times, they might ban you and lock you out of your account. After which to receive your funds and explain yourself you’ll have to contact them directly.

You’ll have an opportunity to attach your CS screenshots there and try and prove that you actually brought the buyer to fiverr from your discord. I have no idea how you’ll be asked to do it. Screenshots can be easily doctored, for instance. How deep will fiverr want to go to look into your case is also a big question.

If you’re planning to keep your earnings on fiverr until you’re 18, your entire operation is unsafe. This is what everyone’s trying to tell you. Even with the confirmations from CS that you got. CS is known for giving conflicting answers and occasionally having poor reading comprehension.

However, if you’ve opened your account with a sole intention of working with people from your discord, go for it. You don’t have anything to lose at the moment, you have CS’s blessing for what it’s worth and seem to be unbothered by the concerns of everyone else. No point in discussing it any further, I think.

Fiverr has access to your inbox. If they see you cross-referencing other platforms in there enough times, they might ban you and lock you out of your account. After which to receive your funds and explain yourself you’ll have to contact them directly.

You’ll have an opportunity to attach your CS screenshots there and try and prove that you actually brought the buyer to fiverr from your discord. I have no idea how you’ll be asked to do it. Screenshots can be easily doctored, for instance. How deep will fiverr want to go to look into your case is also a big question.

If you’re planning to keep your earnings on fiverr until you’re 18, your entire operation is unsafe. This is what everyone’s trying to tell you. Even with the confirmations from CS that you got. CS is known for giving conflicting answers and occasionally having poor reading comprehension.

However, if you’ve opened your account with a sole intention of working with people from your discord, go for it. You don’t have anything to lose at the moment, you have CS’s blessing for what it’s worth and seem to be unbothered by the concerns of everyone else. No point in discussing it any further, I think.

I guess there are risks every point. So I will go on with this risk. And Yea my only hope for now is to go on with CS for now. Hope everything turns out great

Fiverr ToS, Fiverr Staff and Fiverr Support all seem to have different answers to this at different times.
When I look at ToS, I read it as being that you shouldn’t have contact with buyers outside of Fiverr rules.
When I spoke to a Staff member (not support) about it, they were encouraging me to keep in touch with clients on LinkedIn or elsewhere after orders were completed.
When I speak to Support the answer changes from time to time.

Logically, I would think that when you have a large group of people and you promote yourself to them, this is exactly what Fiverr want people to do. They encourage sharing on social media over and over again! So Logically you would be forgiven for thinking that it would be no problem.

However, all it would take is for one of your buyers to be annoyed/want to have some fun by being a nuisance, and report you to Customer Support for contacting them outside of Fiverr. If they show a screenshot of a message you sent them, depending on the Support agent you get, they might just ban you with no questions asked. You can appeal and hope that you get your account back but I only remember one person ever being successful in doing that!

So the reason for your confusion and why people here are advising against it is that the rules change, there is confusion and there is no clear answer that you can refer to. However, most of all, the issue is that it might be all fine for 1 year and then suddenly you wake up and your account is gone. It has happened to some of the most experienced and well-known sellers and it could happen to you. It’s why I would only ever market my gigs as gigs, rather than being a community.
If you want to have people pay you for services before you are 18, I would suggest that you ask them to buy you an Amazon card or similar thing. We are probably not talking about loads of money here so that type of payment would be much more convenient and useful to you, with none of the risk.

Fiverr ToS, Fiverr Staff and Fiverr Support all seem to have different answers to this at different times.

When I look at ToS, I read it as being that you shouldn’t have contact with buyers outside of Fiverr rules.

When I spoke to a Staff member (not support) about it, they were encouraging me to keep in touch with clients on LinkedIn or elsewhere after orders were completed.

When I speak to Support the answer changes from time to time.

Logically, I would think that when you have a large group of people and you promote yourself to them, this is exactly what Fiverr want people to do. They encourage sharing on social media over and over again! So Logically you would be forgiven for thinking that it would be no problem.

However, all it would take is for one of your buyers to be annoyed/want to have some fun by being a nuisance, and report you to Customer Support for contacting them outside of Fiverr. If they show a screenshot of a message you sent them, depending on the Support agent you get, they might just ban you with no questions asked. You can appeal and hope that you get your account back but I only remember one person ever being successful in doing that!

So the reason for your confusion and why people here are advising against it is that the rules change, there is confusion and there is no clear answer that you can refer to. However, most of all, the issue is that it might be all fine for 1 year and then suddenly you wake up and your account is gone. It has happened to some of the most experienced and well-known sellers and it could happen to you. It’s why I would only ever market my gigs as gigs, rather than being a community.

If you want to have people pay you for services before you are 18, I would suggest that you ask them to buy you an Amazon card or similar thing. We are probably not talking about loads of money here so that type of payment would be much more convenient and useful to you, with none of the risk.

To be honest , I liked your answer the most. Thanks for sharing useful information with me 😀 . Also regarding the giftcard thing , many people won’t trust the seller . Platforms like Fiverr provides trust to a buyer. So I will stick with Fiverr till something happens to my account. If something happens then I would think of starting my services in other platforms. Also I guess I will be safe till I keep telling all buyers to keep order based chat on Fiverr but yeah all it takes is one motivated buyer to get me banned 😭

Thanks once more for your reply (most relevant)

One thing came in my mind. Since screenshots can be faked easily then Buyers can also post screenshots of fake chat (i.e they did the editing on chat). Then every Seller will be in potential danger. Again it all depends on support agent.

To be honest , I liked your answer the most. Thanks for sharing useful information with me 😀 . Also regarding the giftcard thing , many people won’t trust the seller . Platforms like Fiverr provides trust to a buyer. So I will stick with Fiverr till something happens to my account. If something happens then I would think of starting my services in other platforms. Also I guess I will be safe till I keep telling all buyers to keep order based chat on Fiverr but yeah all it takes is one motivated buyer to get me banned 😭

Thanks once more for your reply (most relevant)

Glad it was helpful.

That is true, Fiverr gives a level of credibility that you wouldn’t otherwise have.

There is always the option of having a parent or older sibling allowing you to use their PayPal/Payoneer account for withdrawals. I know some younger sellers here do that. Just be sure they know about it as there could be tax implications for them! Again, if the amounts are relatively small it shouldn’t affect them though.

Best of luck!

Glad it was helpful.

That is true, Fiverr gives a level of credibility that you wouldn’t otherwise have.

There is always the option of having a parent or older sibling allowing you to use their PayPal/Payoneer account for withdrawals. I know some younger sellers here do that. Just be sure they know about it as there could be tax implications for them! Again, if the amounts are relatively small it shouldn’t affect them though.

Best of luck!

Thanks. Well I guess I will just spend the money on other gigs because I don’t wanna risk the accounts of my parents. Again thanks for the help!

Archived