Talking to buyers on social media after order is completed

businessboi8

You say you can’t accept direct payments because you’re not 18 yet. However, while Fiverr allows people who are 13 or older to join, you can only withdraw your funds via PayPal or Payoneer, and you have to be at least 18 years old to use either. How do you solve that?

By buying other gigs from savings or by using my bank account which is made for minor (that is me) or I can save up the money till I don’t turn 18. Also Fiverr shows me an option to withdraw earnings to bank for non us users.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By buying other gigs from savings or by using my bank account which is made for minor (that is me) or I can save up the money till I don’t turn 18. Also Fiverr shows me an option to withdraw earnings to bank for non us users.

Withdrawing to a bank account goes through Payoneer.

Saving up until you’re 18 might be risky, depending on how long you need to wait. If you get banned or someone hacks your account, you could lose everything you’ve earned.

Withdrawing to a bank account goes through Payoneer.

Saving up until you’re 18 might be risky, depending on how long you need to wait. If you get banned or someone hacks your account, you could lose everything you’ve earned.

Well it’s written in fiverr ToS if someone gets banned /suspended . They will be given their earnings in 90 days after they show the proof of themselves . Maybe read the ToS much more briefly if you missed the point. And I have another option of spending the earned money to buy advertisements for my discord server. Which will help to grow my community. Also I will try my best to not to save much earnings in my account. I will spend most of it .

Well it’s written in fiverr ToS if someone gets banned /suspended . They will be given their earnings in 90 days after they show the proof of themselves . Maybe read the ToS much more briefly if you missed the point. And I have another option of spending the earned money to buy advertisements for my discord server. Which will help to grow my community. Also I will try my best to not to save much earnings in my account. I will spend most of it .

They will be given their earnings in 90 days after they show the proof of themselves . Maybe read the ToS much more briefly if you missed the point.

I know about that. It also says that getting those funds is subject to Fiverr’s approval. Some people get their funds (if they have a way to withdraw them when the 90 days pass), some get only a part of it, some get nothing.

And I have another option of spending the earned money to buy advertisements for my discord server.

That sounds like a good idea.

Also I will try my best to not to save much earnings in my account. I will spend most of it .

As long as there are services that can help you with growing your community (or services that can be used as cute gifts), sounds like a good plan.

They will be given their earnings in 90 days after they show the proof of themselves . Maybe read the ToS much more briefly if you missed the point.

I know about that. It also says that getting those funds is subject to Fiverr’s approval. Some people get their funds (if they have a way to withdraw them when the 90 days pass), some get only a part of it, some get nothing.

And I have another option of spending the earned money to buy advertisements for my discord server.

That sounds like a good idea.

Also I will try my best to not to save much earnings in my account. I will spend most of it .

As long as there are services that can help you with growing your community (or services that can be used as cute gifts), sounds like a good plan.

Also thanks for helping me with my every post. Btw if by chance account gets hacked. Won’t there be CS to help? And regarding the ban issue , anyone can get banned from Fiverr… or I will get banned sooner ( You specifically asked , so I am kinda confused. Am I doing something wrong which will get me banned , pls tell)

Well CS just now told that I can chat with them on social media after order is complete and if I had communicated them once before the order. See that’s why you shouldn’t give up till last

Well CS just now told that I can chat with them on social media after order is complete and if I had communicated them once before the order.

So if anyone does get banned all they have to do is tell CS they had already talked to them once before outside of fiverr?

And they will be unbanned?

Can you post a screenshot of that?

Well CS just now told that I can chat with them on social media after order is complete and if I had communicated them once before the order.

So if anyone does get banned all they have to do is tell CS they had already talked to them once before outside of fiverr?

And they will be unbanned?

Can you post a screenshot of that?

Why will someone get banned if they keep all the order related chat on Fiverr. Your ban wont be held off if you did order related chatting on other platforms

Screenshot_2019-11-25-00-57-21-044_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.646776e6b4812dc58dad86cd0e4414f8.png

Also here “hi” doesn’t mean just sending the message and then doing nothing. It means basically we can do conversation not related to Fiverr order. And only if we did communicate earlier.

This is an important question and is interesting to me even though I don’t have friends and family which want to buy my services. Just curious - fiverr is encouraging us to share and advertise our gigs on social medias etc. and so people will see our social media pages and may try to contact us. If it’s some random people, you may ask them never contact you anywhere but fiverr, but if those people are your family members or friends which you cintacted and will contact many times, and who see your advertisement on your social media and who’d appearantly want to buy your services and really you can’t forbid them and do anything about it what should you do? From that moment stop contacting them anywhere but fiverr? Ridiculous. The only you can do from your side is to avoid any communication on social media about the fiverr work they may have purchased from you. But they are still the people who you can’t avoid contacting at all after they buy your services.

Why will someone get banned if they keep all the order related chat on Fiverr. Your ban wont be held off if you did order related chatting on other platforms

Also here “hi” doesn’t mean just sending the message and then doing nothing. It means basically we can do conversation not related to Fiverr order. And only if we did communicate earlier.

So you could ask Melanie if when you get banned for that if you will be believed and unbanned?

I’m glad they’re loosing up on this. This entire “bring your clients to fiverr” thing didn’t make any sense otherwise.

I wonder how you’re supposed to prove you’ve known the person previously, though. With the screenshots that can be easily faked?

I’m glad they’re loosing up on this. This entire “bring your clients to fiverr” thing didn’t make any sense otherwise.

I wonder how you’re supposed to prove you’ve known the person previously, though. With the screenshots that can be easily faked?

I wonder how you’re supposed to prove you’ve known the person previously, though.

I doubt if you would be believed. I had asked this a long time ago and got a very stern response it’s not allowed.

Also thanks for helping me with my every post. Btw if by chance account gets hacked. Won’t there be CS to help? And regarding the ban issue , anyone can get banned from Fiverr… or I will get banned sooner ( You specifically asked , so I am kinda confused. Am I doing something wrong which will get me banned , pls tell)

And regarding the ban issue , anyone can get banned from Fiverr… or I will get banned sooner ( You specifically asked , so I am kinda confused. Am I doing something wrong which will get me banned , pls tell)

No, I asked just in case, because you said you might keep your funds on Fiverr until you’re 18. A lot of things can happen until then.

Btw if by chance account gets hacked. Won’t there be CS to help?

Yes, but we don’t know for sure whether they’d be able to get you your funds back, if the hacker takes them.

You mean if the buyer fake reports or me something? Then it’s an issue . But can’t the CS see our whole order based Fiverr chat? If they can then no need to send screenshots. Also I asked CS 1-2 days ago if a buyer automatically finds me in a social media afer the order is done and contacts me then is it ok to reply? He said yes. I can even share the screenshot of that.

Screenshot_2019-11-25-07-22-46-458_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.480e9f16e4809e2bb0723bcddc7be718.png

Also If by chance Fiverr team comes to me and says you contacted buyer outside of Fiverr , you are getting banned. I can share the CS screenshots and then if they say that buyer said you contacted him about the order outside of Fiverr then I will tell them to read to my Fiverr chat and say all the order based chat was done here.

A while back we had a person who was a seller here with a fb page under the same name as his fiverr name, and buyers would go to his fb page where he would tell them to only order there for repeat buys and he was banned.

So he didn’t even chat with buyers on FB related to order and got banned?!! If that’s the case then CS is misleading me? (Also maybe he did some chatting related to orders on fb … maybe we don’t know about that)

Maybe I am misinterpreting your reply. Did you mean that buyer told people to buy from him on Facebook for repeat buys?

we should follow fiverr rules and policy. and maybe fiverr should have buyer referring award.

Yea but your reply is a bit off topic. CS already said it’s allowed to chat on social media with your friend after order is complete . So basically I am not violating rules but now we are discussing if there are still risks or not.

Fiverr is blocking outside communication to block sellers avoiding fees 😉 If you ever get scammed dealing outside fiverr and then one of you try to sort fiverr’s help that’s the point where you will get banned.

Actually you missed the point. Here Fiverr is telling us to chat on their platform so if there is any fraud or something like then they could see our full chat related to order! So why they want us not to chat with our friends on different social media after order is complete and other social media chat is nothing to do with the orders. Please read all the replies to see what we are currently discussing.

So if someone has bought from us on fiverr, then finds us on social media, it’s ok to chat with them?

I’m not asking because of anything I want to do as I’m not on social media. I just find it confusing.

Well CS told it’s ok when they found us , not the seller. Also I posted in this forum to confirm , also pls read my fb reply (before 3-4 current replies). I wanna know more on that topic

Archived