Talking to buyers on social media after order is completed

businessboi8

Like I said they can’t start making exceptions or people would simply start ignoring that rule altogether.

This ain’t an exception. Fiverr has made the chat system to make all order based discussions here and protect buyer/seller on fraud. But once the order is complete why they want us to talk on Fiverr? All the order based communications are on Fiverr , what else do they want?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This ain’t an exception. Fiverr has made the chat system to make all order based discussions here and protect buyer/seller on fraud. But once the order is complete why they want us to talk on Fiverr? All the order based communications are on Fiverr , what else do they want?

But once the order is complete why they want us to talk on Fiverr?

Because the buyer will go: “Let us save 20% and have a direct deal next time”. I’m not sure how a complete order means anything in this context.

All the order based communications are on Fiverr , what else do they want?

They are not going to make exceptions. They can’t do that for obvious reasons.

Maybe either don’t work on fiverr or violate the rules and know you are going to be banned. I’m sure you won’t need to be bringing people you know onto fiverr.

If those people want to buy from you, let them do it off fiverr.

But once the order is complete why they want us to talk on Fiverr?

Because the buyer will go: “Let us save 20% and have a direct deal next time”. I’m not sure how a complete order means anything in this context.

Well that’s the whole point. I can’t make direct deals yet because I am not 18 yet. Fiverr is the only one of the most trusted platform who offer 13+ people to use this as service. And hence I am stuck now. Idk what to do now oof

All the order based communications are on Fiverr , what else do they want?

They are not going to make exceptions. They can’t do that for obvious reasons.

Maybe either don’t work on fiverr or violate the rules and know you are going to be banned. I’m sure you won’t need to be bringing people you know onto fiverr.

If those people want to buy from you, let them do it off fiverr.

It’s easier to say but once you experience it , you will understand it. You have a valid point though and I agree with it but it all depends on situation . And my situation is pretty screwed right now , I can’t change platforms , I know if I share gig I will get lots of buyers because my community is related to it but then ToS will come into play and wreck me.

It’s easier to say but once you experience it , you will understand it. You have a valid point though and I agree with it but it all depends on situation . And my situation is pretty screwed right now , I can’t change platforms , I know if I share gig I will get lots of buyers because my community is related to it but then ToS will come into play and wreck me.

“Share gig” What do you mean? and how do you know you will “get lots of buyers.” Do you mean you’re going to post it to a group and you’re assuming a lot of people will buy it? Based on what evidence?

That’s not really how it works and it tends to annoy people.

In any case, what @misscrystal holds true regardless of your situation. Policies aren’t malleable to personal circumstances. They apply across the board and nothing changes that. I’m not sure what the point is in venting about this. No argument can change policy to suit your needs. That isn’t how policy works.

“Share gig” What do you mean? and how do you know you will “get lots of buyers.” Do you mean you’re going to post it to a group and you’re assuming a lot of people will buy it? Based on what evidence?

That’s not really how it works and it tends to annoy people.

In any case, what @misscrystal holds true regardless of your situation. Policies aren’t malleable to personal circumstances. They apply across the board and nothing changes that. I’m not sure what the point is in venting about this. No argument can change policy to suit your needs. That isn’t how policy works.

I made the community to provide services and I offer free services over there but now I would offer paid services as well and by lot of buyers I mean 5-6 (that’s a good count for me) . I never said to change policy , I posted in this forum to know if there is a way around. If there isn’t then I guess I will think of what to do next.

Under no circumstances will CS ever say it’s ok. They can’t start making exceptions.

If you violate that rule just prepare to be banned from fiverr.

I’ve never asked or talked to friends and family about buying from me on fiverr. I can’t see any reason to do that.

I’ve never asked or talked to friends and family about buying from me on fiverr. I can’t see any reason to do that.

I have my best friend who is a professional graphics designer & few months back he asked me for a professional gig trailer of his gig & we carried the stuff on Fiverr.

According to you, I have lost the right to talk to my friend on Whatsapp, Messenger or on my phone??? What if I have to make a call??? Do Fiverr support call feature???

I made the community to provide services and I offer free services over there but now I would offer paid services as well and by lot of buyers I mean 5-6 (that’s a good count for me) . I never said to change policy , I posted in this forum to know if there is a way around. If there isn’t then I guess I will think of what to do next.

Fiverr should get you all the clients you need anyway.

Fiverr should get you all the clients you need anyway.

Yea I know but that doesn’t mean I should stop trying to promote my services on my discord. I posted in the forum because I don’t wanna give up. If there is a way to get around with it without breaking ToS . Then I would search for it ( sorry I flowed into emotions)

I have my best friend who is a professional graphics designer & few months back he asked me for a professional gig trailer of his gig & we carried the stuff on Fiverr.

According to you, I have lost the right to talk to my friend on Whatsapp, Messenger or on my phone??? What if I have to make a call??? Do Fiverr support call feature???

Well I am in a same situation kind of. Just difference is , It didn’t yet happen …

I didn’t at all say you said to change policy.

I’m saying Fiverr has a policy and they are going to enforce it regardless of your situation and circumstances, so there’s really no point in sharing them here. You keep making arguments here as if if something you say would change that reality. They don’t.

I didn’t at all say you said to change policy.

I’m saying Fiverr has a policy and they are going to enforce it regardless of your situation and circumstances, so there’s really no point in sharing them here. You keep making arguments here as if if something you say would change that reality. They don’t.

How do you know there ain’t a way around. They did allow s k y p e to use for other users , maybe they allow this too over 1-2 years or more. Sorry but I don’t mean to be rude here. Hope I wasn’t rude to anyone while replying.

If you have a friend or a relative who purchased your services via fiverr, keep your communication to a single platform. IF fiverr notices you cross-referencing other platforms in your inbox, it will get you in trouble eventually. And no amount of question marks will help your case.

My good friend recently registered on fiverr, I took him to a bar, gave a quick introduction course over a beer and told him to NEVER message me on fiverr, look for my gigs, touch them or even breathe in their direction. I don’t need this in my life.

You’re talking about 5 or 6 people like that’s important but really from fiverr you should get that many a week at least so don’t think you are dependent on your friends and family for fiverr sales.

Just plan of being super successful on fiverr and you won’t need to think about making friends and family buy your gigs. Millions of people will see your gigs on fiverr.

How do you know there ain’t a way around. They did allow s k y p e to use for other users , maybe they allow this too over 1-2 years or more. Sorry but I don’t mean to be rude here. Hope I wasn’t rude to anyone while replying.

Because you’re not asking for a way around. You’re asking them to treat you differently.

S K Y P E isn’t comparable to what we’re talking about here because they are individual cases used to fulfill gigs. That’s not at all what we’re talking about here. You’re talking about general communication, not fulfilling a gig.

You’re talking about 5 or 6 people like that’s important but really from fiverr you should get that many a week at least so don’t think you are dependent on your friends and family for fiverr sales.

Just plan of being super successful on fiverr and you won’t need to think about making friends and family buy your gigs. Millions of people will see your gigs on fiverr.

Ok another point. My plan is to be successful on discord though , no one has offered these services before on discord and I want to do that. It’s an unique idea as well , once I turn 18. I would definitely go with paypal if I don’t find a way out regarding this but I really like Fiverr as platform , so I am confused now.

Ok another point. My plan is to be successful on discord though , no one has offered these services before on discord and I want to do that. It’s an unique idea as well , once I turn 18. I would definitely go with paypal if I don’t find a way out regarding this but I really like Fiverr as platform , so I am confused now.

Your plan to be successful there isn’t really going to work. Plan to be successful here.

Because you’re not asking for a way around. You’re asking them to treat you differently.

S K Y P E isn’t comparable to what we’re talking about here because they are individual cases used to fulfill gigs. That’s not at all what we’re talking about here. You’re talking about general communication, not fulfilling a gig.

Ok I agree with that point. So I guess there is no way around. So let’s stop arguing then.

Conclusion : No way around .

My point is you aren’t looking at the opportunity you have to make a lot of money on fiverr. Stop thinking you need discord. All you need is fiverr. Those people are not going to come over to fiverr to buy from you.

Well ok . I know money is really important but it depends on your motive. My motive is to grow on discord by spreading my paid services but Fiverr won’t allow me to communicate with community once I sign them up for order. So I am looking for a way by which I can interact with them and as well as spread my paid services. I guess that’s all I have to say for now.

Sorry but I didn’t get your point?

You’re making unfounded projections about how many leads you’ll get from these activities.

On top of that, what you’re proposing wouldn’t cover the costs of your marketing because it’s time and labour. Think about the time you’d be spending on this community. You don’t get paid for that time. You get paid to fill orders.

Marketing only helps you if it starts generating leads automatically, hands-off. It doesn’t help you if you have to hustle for every sale.

You’re making unfounded projections about how many leads you’ll get from these activities.

On top of that, what you’re proposing wouldn’t cover the costs of your marketing because it’s time and labour. Think about the time you’d be spending on this community. You don’t get paid for that time. You get paid to fill orders.

Marketing only helps you if it starts generating leads automatically, hands-off. It doesn’t help you if you have to hustle for every sale.

Maybe a teen like me who is still studying in school won’t much care about the money yet. And would think more about growing on a community for his future plans to start a business and promoting it over there to get his first sales.

Maybe a teen like me who is still studying in school won’t much care about the money yet. And would think more about growing on a community for his future plans to start a business and promoting it over there to get his first sales.

That would be fine if what you’re doing will eventually pay for itself by automatically generating work. This won’t. You’ll always have to do a lot of manual work to get sales this way.

Getting your first sales only helps you if that starts a snowball effect. Your idea won’t. It isn’t self-sustaining.

You can do whatever you want. I’m just not sure why you’re debating people who have experience in sales and using unfounded arguments to do it.

Archived