Your Fiverr Buying Story

smudged

I used Fiverr to help launch a cat-themed YouTube channel (Hoppy Cat Approves). A lot of my friends were too busy to help be create creative content, so I decided to use a bunch of Fiverr freelancers instead. For our first episode, I hired a Southern California Jesus, a pirate, dancers, a movie trailer voiceover guy, a rapper, edits to add my cat’s face to the side of a bus in London, and all kinds of other gigs such as a custom illustration of my cat and a word-art version of one of my cat’s pictures. Also a neat jingle for our YouTube episodes!

My experience was mostly great! Sure, there will always be less than perfect sellers and buyers. But I found the people I wanted to work with again and again and I am so happy. One thing that keeps me from ordering too much is that (and I’m not trying to brag here) I am so pleased with the people I work with on Fiverr that I pretty much tip all the time if I’m ordering a Gig with few exceptions. Some I even tip before they start working on my orders, like my favorite illustrator HugeHamster. If I can’t afford the tip at the beginning of the order I will sometimes even apologize and say I’ll catch up later when the Gig is completed and tip extra then. I’m saying all of this to say, I came here initially because it was really neat to try out a bunch of $5 Gigs. But what I discovered after searching far and wide for some of the absolute best sellers on Fiverr, is that it’s really hard to only pay them $5 after seeing some of the amazing quality work they put out there. That’s why even as a buyer I’m excited about Gig packages being rolled out and integrated more into the buying experience.

If you want to see a whoooole bunch of Fiverr people in one video please feel free to check out either episode 1 of Hoppy Cat Approves on YouTube or “The Hoppy Cat Rap.” 🙂 Thanks for an awesome service!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived