Your Fiverr Buying Story

smudged

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good.

1 Searched for a seller that could do some wordpress (programming) things for me

2 Requirements: adding a new menu position to a specific wordpress theme with some specific behaviour and adding a blank custom page template to the same theme.

3 made some sketches visualizations for communication with sellers

3 Found a seller (Zubairsafi) that could do the job, agreed upon the amount of gigs.

4 Seller requested total (admin rights)access to my (live)site

5Thought this is not a good idea so i set up an environment a wordpress install with exact the same theme, gave seller total access to this set-up

6 Seller makes modifications, everything seemed to work fine, some misunderstanding about the customization of the menu, but seller seems to be willing to walk an extra mile to get it all done

7 I give a positive feedback and rating

8 I transfer modified files to live site: things do not work anymore

9 I ask seller to give me information about: which files are involved in the customization so i can properly implement the modifications in the live site

10 Seller ignores question asks again for total access to live site with a metaphor of: as a doctor i need access to patient…

11 I explain the two installs (live site and set-up for seller) are identical, no individual differences, no illness to cure, i just want a theme modification, again i ask this simple question: which files are modified

12 Seller “explains” that he is not a teacher nor wants to be one and thus ignores the question again

13 Seller suggest i send him a copy of the theme files and then he will fix the custom page template (kind of weird, seller has admin access to a online set-up and i have sent him all theme files zipped three posts earlier) and seems to ask for more money:“and if i created the Custom Page Then revenueee” But maybe i am getting this wrong and also seller states: “i can provice mail leads” which is totally off topic.

14 I reply with my concerns: ignoring simple questions like which files are involved in modification and asking more revenue for the task

15 Seller replys and asks for theme files….

16 Seller gets an error trying to access live site, asks for admin login again

17 The customized menu is still not working right, not as we had agreed upon, the custom page template is only working on the test-site, trying to implement it in live site doesnt work yet

18 I give up

• 2 weeks later...

as a first time buyer I came to fiverr looking for people who do online marketing to give an already successful online business a boost. each person I hired for a gig that promised real traffic sent to my site was a scam artist, and each one was marked by Fiverr as a trusted seller. So far I see nothing but scams and con artists on the marketing section of Fiverr waiting to screw another buyer. My experience here was poor indeed. Wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there—I’ve just recently started using fiverr as i slowly, put my business plans into conceptual terms. my experience so far is 50/50 and i won’t lie and say that i’m not frustrated this morning. out of 4 gigs and trying to communicate what i’m needing prior to purchase–i had my second one this morning that feels as if they just say “yes, i can do it–please purchase the gig” without even reading what i said that i needed. it’s really sullying the positive experiences that i have had with the other two. i don’t mind if you say that you can’t do it, but please don’t accept a gig without a]understanding what is being asked and b] actually doing the job asked–not sending me generic forms for a job that i didn’t ask for…yayz to the good ones that communicate well! 🙂

Two days ago I decided I wanted to do something. Something to help others. I went to Fiverr and searched homeless. Having been homeless before, I know how hard it can be. There I found Caps303 who advertised he could feed homeless people with my measly 5.00. I paid for 2 gigs and the pictures I got in response brought tears to my eyes. Caps sent me a video as well as 4 pictures. It was so much more than I had expected’

It just goes to show you and I can make a difference. We dont have to change the world overnight, just change little by little. Small changes add up to a big change and you dont have to get out of your computer chair.

Please, when you feel the urge to help, look for Caps303 and help him help others who need it.

How will a multi billion dollar company like yours start behaving like some petty scam and fraudulent company? My account was disabled unfairly over 48 days ago for nothing. I contacted you guys and you were telling me something i didn’t do i pleaded for it to be reactivated no response was given ok. I asked for my money you guys said within 45 days i will get access to withdraw it. I contacted the first admin named VAL from your platform after 45 days he asked me to authenticate and provide certain information, i did and since 4 to 5 days ago he did respond. Then i had to use my friends fiverr account to contact another agent and and i got hold of another agent named Fatima and she asked me for so certain authetication and i did provide her with the information needed and yet she is yet to respond for over 2 days now. Is this a scheme to reap me off my hard earned money that gave me sleepless night all through some months if yes i won’t allow it because i worked for it. Or are you planning to tell me you don’t know i have so much funds in my account before you banned it unfairly. Please i need my hard earned money because i worked for it and you have no right or whatsoever to start scamming people offer their hand earned money please give me back my money. Am sorry am posting it here it’s because my post are not being approved by fiverr admins

Guest jwilde

Here’s my “WONDERFUL” Fiverr story. Up until the past month I’ve had great experiences.

Then just this week I’ve had 2 sellers, fail to deliver what they promised and NO RESPONSE FROM FIVERR.

Seller #1 - I paid for Premium services + Expedited service (1 Day) - I got an email 2 hours after deadline just saying “sorry can’t do it.” ONE DAY WASTED.

Customer Service ticket ignored. Seller cancelled. Not allowed feedback on seller who took away a day and money from me. Finally got money back. BUT NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE IT OUT OF FIVERR.

REQUESTED A GIG - Seller #2. Had specific requests, asked for a custom order with expedited service. Sent seller detailed writing prompts with links to include. They send back emails that were scraped from the PR1 sites. With no detail, customization or any directions followed.

ANOTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE TICKET AND HERE WE ARE.

I’ve wasted 3 days. MY MONEY is still inside Fiverr AND still with Seller #2 and Fiverr doesn’t reply to their tickets. I’ve had one ticket mysteriously deleted (even though I have the email to prove I submitted it) and another ticket closed/solved without contacting me.

this might be off topic, but I am a buyer. in the middle of a 2 week gig, seller starts to insult me. I notified fiverr that I am cancelling my 2nd week. since when do buyers have the idea that they can bully sellers ? also he tells me not to reorder. I wd not send me * enemy * to reorder. gave a 1 star review for any buyer to stay away unless they enjoy getting insulted. fiverr u have got to monitor the sellers !!

• 1 month later...

you want a cool story a got one.

so i was walking in the park when a flying duck came from the sky with china attached to its wings…funny but not this one.

Actually i did a gig request for a mascot. Now i was set in what type of seller i wanted.Being a buyer for a couple years with another account i ran into all kinds of sellers and there was this one type you see a lot that i specifically said in the request not to message me.(obviously they did cause they never listen anyways.) Now your probably wondering what type of sellers those are and have an idea at the same time. Im talking about those who barely speak English, over promise, say yes to no matter what you say and make you wait 3 days for SH*T. So my first request, didn’t get approved because i was to specific.(said i only wanted USA,CAN,Aussy,UK sellers)English ones.

So i redid the request this time writing i wanted a seller with English language has a primary language. So obviously i got all the annoying messages others send because they can’t read properly but also because there here only for a quick buck.

My 3rd message i saw a actually new buyer. Had 1 review but the mascot preview was the style i was looking for so i messaged him anyways even tough he came from Philippines.(a lot of hard English speakers come from there.)

Ask him questions and see he understands actually pretty good so that was good. Told im a wanted a fully custom drawn mascot. Told im im seller and i know where to get stock picks, clip arts etc… and i would know immediately if he used those and really didn’t want any of that.

In a couple words he reassures by saying the magic words i wanted to hear but at the same time wasn’t expecting: he draws on paper then scan then vector.

Bam i was sold.

So i tell him my idea and he draws up my idea.(rough sketch.)(not going to precise times but it took 3 days total.worth it too.)

Then he send me the ruff sketch to see for revisions and at the same time i came up with a badass idea for my mascot. Kindly ask him if he could redo the design and he agreed.

To be honest i felt somewhat bad.

Then he comes back with the new sketch and like if he saw my image in my brain he had the almost perfect sketch.

Couple little line tweaks and a little add-on in the scan it goes.

Now he gave me a pic because he was going to bed (12 hours difference with me.) just to play with colors. Which i did and screwed up the entire design doing it lol!!

So i came up with the colors the seemed cool and he finished the design for me.

Not only was he pretty new but goddamn he was good. I had a budget of 20$ and went over just 5 because he just got promoted and the license went up 5$.Not a big deal i said.

I was doing an order at the same time for a client of my own and my client ask me if i could do touch ups on pics. I said yes but after she showed me the pic and what needed to be done i told my client i didn’t have illustrator and Photoshop just wasn’t enough to do what was needed. I felt the…not really disappointment in me but sad i couldn’t do it so i referred her to my mascot dude.

This seller impressed me so much with is service and the final outcome of my mascot i not only tipped im an extra 15$ which busted my budget out of this planet, which was well worth it, that i gave im one of my clients. I could’ve easily said noting but just not my style and my mascot designer was well worthy of my referral.

Hes good and his service is even better. I’ll be going back and will probably refer more clients to him if i can’t do some clients work without hesitation.

Overall if you need some hand drawn designs go see: websterlusotan

just go to fiverr.com/websterlusotan.

tell him diablofredd sent you or say the guy with the funny paint squid.

i would vouch for him any day.

Reply to @jwilde: hello that is pretty bad. im sure this is not what you want to hear right now but if you ever need help contact me and if i can help i will or else i will let you know before you order and not after.

just go to fiverr.com/diablofredd

i’ll be happy to help you. That goes for anyone who reads this. My feedback will speak for its self even tough its not in the thousands or hundreds.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hireiris

I bought this awesome drawing from a fiver buyer. I am a seller and this looks awesome on my profile. I love that fiver has so many sellers that offer this type of service! Check out the drawing I got made of myself. Search fiver for cartoon or comic drawings.

I am new to Fiverr and was looking for some good content for my website portfolio. I chose a couple of gigs for unique content. My experience was frustrating with both. The content was definitely unique, the sentence structure was terrible, paragraphs had sentences that made no sense at all. Overall readability was horrific to say the least.

I requested modifications on both and explained the issues I had with the content. One sent a reworked article that was worse than the original. The second gig didn’t even try to modify, instead is asking for a cancellation.

I guess the old saying stands here…you get what you pay for.

Has anyone else had a good experience with a content writer??

• 2 weeks later...

I am a seller but i am a buyer in 1.

So i sell audio stuff and so on but i am a buyer to.

As an audio producer i am allways looking for people to help me.

Lets say: i am building a tv commercial for my client, and my voice does not fit the story, i will look on Fiverr to get something that does fitt the commercial. So i am both in 1.

Nice thing of this is, i can allmost accept all buyers that ask me if i can do this or that. and the other side of the story is is, that i lern new people on fiverr where i can work with. and for me that is realy amazing to meet new people have a laugh and make good nice work for our clients here on fiverr.

😃

I stupidly keep coming here for tech help, with stuff like apps and WordPress, because I am still thinking I can get help for $5. I keep forgetting 5er is full of 3rd Worlders, who hate Americans, think Americans are all rich, and deserve to be screwed around with. Maybe fiverr should be renamed, fifftyer, and advertised as it’s open minded, trendy and ironic when 3 Worlders send you disrespectful emails demanding more money for crappy work.

Reply to @mybiz4me: Hello, I am a writer and while you may be right about getting what you pay for, there are great writers on fiverr. The challenge is finding them.

My personal experience - a lot of buyers prefer US and UK flags. To live up to this, a lot of sellers mask their IPs. It is a trick - trick scenario.

So here’s the deal I have for you. I will write your content and guarantee you will be satisfied. You will be refunded if you are not.

Self-promotion links removed by Sheriff. Links of this nature are only appropriate in My Fiverr Gigs. Your username is already a hyperlink to your profile.

Regards,
Clement S.

Have been a buyer for quite some time now.

My experience so far had been good. No complains. You often get what you are paying for. This has been my case.

As a matter of fact, after being a seller for a long period, I have now decided to shift fences. With that in mind, I just recently started my own gig where I provide Fiverr’s only Idea + Design + Copy 1-2-3 Combo Punch Gig… lol.

I am now looking forward to my experience as a future seller.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is fiver so difficult to use?
I use fiverr about 5 or 6 times a year and every time I log in its a hassle to find out the process on how to add money and transfer money from my fiverr account. Why is there no options at the top of the log in page that says “Add Money” or “Withdraw Money?” I swear if i don’t use fiverr for a while I always have to google. “How to add money to fiverr” its super annoying

Archived