Can we share our gig link on this forum?

Guest touhaa

hello forum

how it will be if i share my gig link on forum?

the are any problem if i do it,,?

so that people can see and tell me why i do not get any single message from buyer,,,, 

Can i share my gig link in forum so that you can tell me why i do not get any single message from Buyer yet.

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1

I know the use of fiverr forum "Fiverr Community Forum is a platform where users can connect with one another to discuss all things related to Fiverr. Here, users can ask questions, give tips, and exchange ideas with fellow freelancers from all over the world."

But the question raise in my mind is that:

Can we use Fiverr Community Forum for Gig's advertisement ? 

Reason (Why am i saying this?):

As the tag we enter in any topic or title are showing on the top in google search.

You can see...

image.thumb.png.75fbdef8d044b05cef87db2c71b05c8b.png

You can see my topic comes...

image.thumb.png.d7b232cc82379dfffd13c5450acbc035.png

Remember: I am just questioning, I am not doing this.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, nkcoder09 said:

Can we use Fiverr Community Forum for Gig's advertisement ? 

ONLY in the "My Fiverr Gigs" forum category, but even then, very few people read those topics. Your target customers are not here, on the forum.

9 minutes ago, nkcoder09 said:

Remember: I am just questioning, I am not doing this.

You are asking because you want to know if you can do this, and if it will get you sales. It most likely will not.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm a new seller. I don't know about Fiverr forum rules and regulations. But I want to promote my Fiverr gig. Here I see some Fiverr gig promotions post. Here I can see somebody post their Fiverr gig. Could you suggest to me whether it's good or bad for my account?

• Like 17

On 5/25/2023 at 5:09 AM, mfrabbby79 said:

Hello, I'm a new seller. I don't know about Fiverr forum rules and regulations. But I want to promote my Fiverr gig. Here I see some Fiverr gig promotions post. Here I can see somebody post their Fiverr gig. Could you suggest to me whether it's good or bad for my account?

Yes, you can promote your gigs in the My Fiverr Gigs section. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Depends on where you saw it. The only place where Fiverr gigs may be posted in an advertising manner is the "My Fiverr Gig" category.

2 hours ago, amethystblac814 said:

Will it be left up, or will it be taken down at some point? Does the offender get a warning? Or what happens?

Most likely it will be moved to the correct category. If the user repeatedly violates forum rule 6, then usually a warning is issued, or a ban if already warned.

https://community.fiverr.com/forum_rules/

2 hours ago, amethystblac814 said:

I am perplexed, as I just saw outright self-promotion on this forum. I thought that sort of thing would be instantly removed. 

If you see a rule violation, report it. The forum moderation is a mix of actual Fiverr staff (who have work days and hours) and volunteers (who are available at miscellaneous times). Sadly, this means backlogs occasionally build. Also, while there is a filter that catches a lot of spam, it can't catch everything. 

• Like 18
  • Up 3

Forgot to mention: gig links in the "Improve My Gig" category are somewhat okay, too, even though it's not explicitly stated in the rules. It's a LOT easier to go straight to the gig the user is looking for feedback on, rather than URL manipulation. 

(Must have the fiverr.com domain. Short links are not permitted. General internet safety procedures.)

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 11

On 5/27/2023 at 11:30 PM, vickiespencer said:

I thought it was covered in rule # 6.

Nope. Or rather, not by name. "My Fiverr Gigs" is stated by name. Yes, a gig link in "Improve My Gig" is, indeed, 'relevent to the discussion', but there are enough poor-English readers here that I felt it worth mentioning. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, amethystblac814 said:

URL manipulation? I am not getting the drift of this statement. 

Forum accounts (with few exceptions) have the same username as on the main Fiverr platform. So:

image.png.e6eadac05f2dd0c92f783a4a0f62529d.png 

image.png.2153025f5b59a04aeae9156de923a3ab.png 

image.png.c21c104455f490b85c3178f5e7d44fd5.png 

image.png.9b200a09a919e9bb8670ed5cb4f9e847.png 

image.png.fbf723bfd0eb1861f558303af98090eb.png

Manipulating the forum profile URL to go to your Fiverr page. Much easier to have a link.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:33 AM, imagination7413 said:

Forum accounts (with few exceptions) have the same username as on the main Fiverr platform. So:

Manipulating the forum profile URL to go to your Fiverr page. Much easier to have a link.

This is something I will have to look into as time permits. My forum name was applied by Fiverr as I began here. I inserted the URL when I saw that other forum members had their seller URLS there. It seemed permitted if not encouraged. I am new to this forum; contextually, and forum-wise, I am green. URL manipulation sounds like a deceptive method someone uses with intent, which was why I asked. There is no need to explain further. I'll look into it. Thank you. 

@imagination7413--the URL, I just checked it out (it took 30 seconds). The interface says "website URL." That is not a spot for a forum URL. I have done nothing wrong. My Fiverr page is my website. 

The post mentioned has since been taken down, but the spammer is listed first on the page in a relevant search. Smh. 

Edited by amethystblac814
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1