It all happened under 10 minutes (Removed my gig, Gave me warning and Disabled my account permanently)

medinannaa

Why would anyone pay a considerable amount of money for reviews which weren’t fraudulent?

To get someone’s honest opinion about a product which will in turn help buyers decide whether to buy the product. If it’s an honest review and it states it’s a paid-for review or says they received the product for free the buyer would then know they can take that into account after reading/when reading the review. Though even if it’s an honest review it’s still probably not worth doing if it’s for Amazon just in case (because of the risk). But I’m sure I’ve seen reviews where they say they’ve received a free copy of the product (eg. book).

To get someone’s honest opinion about a product which will in turn help buyers decide whether to buy the product. If it’s an honest review and it states it’s a paid-for review or says they received the product for free the buyer would then know they can take that into account after reading/when reading the review. Though even if it’s an honest review it’s still probably not worth doing if it’s for Amazon just in case (because of the risk). But I’m sure I’ve seen reviews where they say they’ve received a free copy of the product (eg. book).

While that scenario would be legit, just with the way Fiverr works, I’m doubting there was an actual product sent (Amazon or otherwise).

Edit: @smiler3d is right. See next post

Guest smiler3d

But I’m sure I’ve seen reviews where they say they’ve received a free copy of the product (eg. book).

Incentivized reviews were stopped in 2016 as far as I’m aware.

I thought so that’s why I wrote “and it would be against Fiverr TOS if they did something against another site’s TOS for a gig I think”.

But we don’t know whether the OP had put Amazon in the gig title/description, or whether the reviews the OP wrote were for Amazon (eg. after purchase) or whether the OP knew where the eventual review would go. But Amazon was targeting fraudulent reviews, not just totally honest paid for reviews.

I did put Amazon in the gig description. But the two people who bought the gig needed reviews in their websites only, I didn’t do any review in Amazon.

I did put Amazon in the gig description. But the two people who bought the gig needed reviews in their websites only, I didn’t do any review in Amazon.

Any paid review is not allowed no matter where it is. Amazon might have made its displeasure known also. Or any site with a lot of reviews.

Any paid review is not allowed no matter where it is. Amazon might have made its displeasure known also. Or any site with a lot of reviews.

I think the reason they are doing this is because am not from the US, EU or places where laws works. Where do they think I got the idea anyways, fiverr of course, other sellers are offering the same thing. Just search for ‘product review’ any see what am saying. That’s where I got all the ideas. Besides, Fiverr gives three warnings before they disable accounts, But the gave me only one warning (they even stated ‘this is your first warning’ only to suspend my account minutes later.

I think the reason they are doing this is because am not from the US, EU or places where laws works. Where do they think I got the idea anyways, fiverr of course, other sellers are offering the same thing. Just search for ‘product review’ any see what am saying. That’s where I got all the ideas. Besides, Fiverr gives three warnings before they disable accounts, But the gave me only one warning (they even stated ‘this is your first warning’ only to suspend my account minutes later.

or places where laws works.

:rofl:

Where do they think I got the idea anyways, fiverr of course, other sellers are offering the same thing. Just search for ‘product review’ any see what am saying. That’s where I got all the ideas

That’s the worst possible source of “ideas.” Sooner or later, all such gigs (that violate the ToS) will be removed by Fiverr. It is a process. It may not happen overnight. But that doesn’t mean that it is not happening at all. You should have, instead, read the ToS and sourced your idea from there.

or places where laws works.

:rofl:

Where do they think I got the idea anyways, fiverr of course, other sellers are offering the same thing. Just search for ‘product review’ any see what am saying. That’s where I got all the ideas

That’s the worst possible source of “ideas.” Sooner or later, all such gigs (that violate the ToS) will be removed by Fiverr. It is a process. It may not happen overnight. But that doesn’t mean that it is not happening at all. You should have, instead, read the ToS and sourced your idea from there.

Ya, for example there is no working organization I can report this to? Really painful

Besides, Fiverr gives three warnings before they disable accounts,

Not always. Sometimes they disable accounts immediately, without a warning, depending on what the user did.

other sellers are offering the same thing.

They haven’t been caught yet. If you see someone robbing a bank and get the idea to rob a bank, too, it’s still illegal, and you’ll still go to prison if you get caught.

but since you earned the amount through a gig that was violating Fiverr’s ToS

But does it say anywhere in the terms of service that gigs that are about paid-for reviews are not allowed?

Also, the message says

However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform"

…but does Fiverr keep a list anywhere of which services are not allowed on the platform? Apart from I think them deleting gigs related to this, has there been an official statement on the forum? If they don’t keep an up-to-date list anywhere (eg. linked to from the terms of service) shouldn’t they not disable accounts immediately? Maybe it could be against the some law if the paid-for reviews are misleading (eg. they don’t have the product) but if they’re not misleading and they mention the fact that it’s a paid-for review maybe it’s okay legally? And that’s assuming the seller doesn’t add the review to some site whose terms of service disallows it (and it would be against Fiverr TOS if they did something against another site’s TOS for a gig I think).

But does it say anywhere in the terms of service that gigs that are about paid-for reviews are not allowed?

See this remark:

Additionally, sellers must adhere to all third party Terms of Service.

Ya, for example there is no working organization I can report this to? Really painful

Ya, for example there is no working organization I can report this to

And if you were from the EU or the USA, to whom would you report that your account was banned from a privately owned freelancing platform, and what would you expect to happen after reporting it?

Ya, for example there is no working organization I can report this to

And if you were from the EU or the USA, to whom would you report that your account was banned from a privately owned freelancing platform, and what would you expect to happen after reporting it?

I guess you are not from any of those places that’s why you are saying this. People there can’t be treated this way because fiverr knows the law will hunt them. I have attended multiple Law classes and I know what am saying. because theses privately owned freelancing platforms is operating in there countries and have physical offices there, They must adhare to rules concerning people working with them. I should make a legel claim agins them, They it will definetly take forever and cost me much money that was sized so I will just let it go.

You guys don’t really understand what happened here, They removed the gig, Gave me a warning and ban the account all under 10 minutes and I only had a day remaining before I can withdraw . Where on earth does that happens? Like I said, I will just let it go!

I guess you are not from any of those places that’s why you are saying this. People there can’t be treated this way because fiverr knows the law will hunt them. I have attended multiple Law classes and I know what am saying. because theses privately owned freelancing platforms is operating in there countries and have physical offices there, They must adhare to rules concerning people working with them. I should make a legel claim agins them, They it will definetly take forever and cost me much money that was sized so I will just let it go.

You guys don’t really understand what happened here, They removed the gig, Gave me a warning and ban the account all under 10 minutes and I only had a day remaining before I can withdraw . Where on earth does that happens? Like I said, I will just let it go!

I think you are missing something.

Law works even better in the countries that you mentioned and your gig might’ve been taken down even faster.

(If you were offering paid reviews for amazon and that’s violating amazon TOS so I’m not sure about what your rights you are talking right now if you can’t even see how you broke third partie’s rules)

Regardless of all this “countries” thing, fiverr is an international platform and doesn’t make any exceptions no matter where you are based. You broke fiverr rules and you broke amazon rules, that’s quite a big violation and that’s why your account was closed down.

because theses privately owned freelancing platforms is operating in there countries and have physical offices there, They must adhare to rules concerning people working with them. I should make a legel claim agins them

Hi, just to let you know:

First: Fiverr doesn’t operate nor have physical offices all around the the world.

Second: You are not Fiverr’s employee.

Third: I can deny access to my house to whomever I want, at any time. Also, I can prohibit, ban, deny anyone bringing into my house whatever I want.

I think you are missing something.

Law works even better in the countries that you mentioned and your gig might’ve been taken down even faster.

(If you were offering paid reviews for amazon and that’s violating amazon TOS so I’m not sure about what your rights you are talking right now if you can’t even see how you broke third partie’s rules)

Regardless of all this “countries” thing, fiverr is an international platform and doesn’t make any exceptions no matter where you are based. You broke fiverr rules and you broke amazon rules, that’s quite a big violation and that’s why your account was closed down.

I didn’t do any review on amazon. Althouht about 10 people contacted me for it, I simply tell them I can’t because I will have spend $50 on an account for it to be able to give reviews. I simply told them I can’t give Amazon review. The only tow people who contacted me for reviews needed it on their websites

I didn’t do any review on amazon. Althouht about 10 people contacted me for it, I simply tell them I can’t because I will have spend $50 on an account for it to be able to give reviews. I simply told them I can’t give Amazon review. The only tow people who contacted me for reviews needed it on their websites

I didn’t do any review on amazon.

You offered it, though:

I did put Amazon in the gig description.

Amazon sued over 1,000 Fiverr sellers for writing paid reviews. Fiverr doesn’t want to take a chance.

I guess you are not from any of those places that’s why you are saying this.

Neither is Fiverr, they’re headquartered in Israel.

They must adhare to rules concerning people working with them

Fiverr is a platform connecting buyers and sellers. Being a seller on Fiverr doesn’t mean being a Fiverr employee.

People there can’t be treated this way because fiverr knows the law will hunt them.

Fiverr knows that Amazon will hunt them if they allow people to violate Amazon’s ToS.

I wish that fiverr would atleast consider giving a person 1 strike before disabling or banning them, most users read the TOS but don’t have an indepth understanding of what they mean. So a warning shot would be a nice.

Exactly what am saying. They first remove the gig and gave me a warning stating ‘This is your first warning’. Now these two actions is enough to teach me a lesson any nothing on earth will make me create such gigs again. Few minutes later, they ‘Permanently Suspended’ The account and I am to be paid the next day. All this under 10 minutes.

Exactly what am saying. They first remove the gig and gave me a warning stating ‘This is your first warning’. Now these two actions is enough to teach me a lesson any nothing on earth will make me create such gigs again. Few minutes later, they ‘Permanently Suspended’ The account and I am to be paid the next day. All this under 10 minutes.

I have attended multiple Law classes and I know what am saying.

You seem like a smart person since you attended multiple law classes. However, skipping the TOS on a website where money exchanges hands doesn’t sound like a bright idea. Sucks that this happened to you but hopefully you learned a $248 lesson.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Unless you’ve lived under a rock for the past few years, you would surely know about all the legal ramifications & changes (both on & off Fiverr) regarding paid-for reviews. Even if you haven’t and you thought it was legal, morally it’s reprehensible and that shouldn’t be up for debate.

You talk about the $248 being earned as if you’ve done a skilled job and deserve being paid. Nothing about what you’ve done is skilled, it’s just a premium price for breaking the rules. I hope Fiverr doesn’t send it to you or refund the buyers and instead keeps the money to help reimburse and support legitimate sellers who have had bad experiences with buyer chargebacks.

Falsifying purchase data for the sole purpose of misleading or misrepresenting sales history for a fee… classy.

Really disturbing why people don’t understand why writing and posting paid reviews is so wrong and unethical. Gigs like that hurt the experience for all Fiverr sellers and buyers and give us a bad name.

Read the terms of service before you do business. It would make zero sense for Fiverr to support such an unethical activity.

I completely agree with you

• 2 years later...
On 4/2/2019 at 9:34 PM, franklegacy said:

I wish that fiverr would atleast consider giving a person 1 strike before disabling or banning them, most users read the TOS but don’t have an indepth understanding of what they mean. So a warning shot would be a nice.

I wish, too. 😕 

Archived