What Happens When You Spam People Outside of Fiverr?

catwriter

Careful with that, as ridiculous as it sounds, Fiverr might punish you for contacting buyers outside of Fiverr (via email).

Sorry but How?? I did not get the buyer from fiverr so I am not breaking any tos but I am bringing a buyer to fiverr. my life is not all about fiverr. I can promote my personal works on facebook and twitter or google ads and put my email for further contacts, if I wish i bring the buyer to fiver if I don’t then we do business somewhere else. Simple.

Sorry but How?? I did not get the buyer from fiverr so I am not breaking any tos but I am bringing a buyer to fiverr.

I understand. I’m warning you because Fiverr sometimes gets ridiculous with that no-contact-outside-of-Fiverr thingy, and people get in trouble even though they didn’t actually do anything wrong.

Okay, I plan on doing something creative soon that will show my skills but I won’t be sharing my fiver link, I will only leave my email so interested people can contact me, maybe from there I will send them to fiverr.

I am scared of sharing my fiver link to prevent further warnings because I heard 3 warnings will automatically disable a fiver account.

I am scared of sharing my fiver link to prevent further warnings because I heard 3 warnings will automatically disable a fiver account.

Careful with “I heard”. The terms of service which everyone should read at the latest after they got a warning, are pretty clear.

You may or may not get a warning, an account could as well already get permanently disabled at the first violation, or the second, it’s up to Fiverr’s discretion to warn or suspend accounts when their holders violate the terms, there’s no guarantee about 3, 2 or even 1 warning.

Violations

Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing Seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.

General Terms

• Fiverr reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
  • Violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.

Both Reddit and Quora have done that in the past which Fiverr staff had to try and work with them to get them allowed again.

Why would Fiverr help us with Quora or Reddit? How does it benefit Fiverr?

When I get banned, I don’t ask Fiverr for help. Once Facebook banned me for 30 days, I did something else.

The trick to avoid getting banned is don’t spam, and stay within your echo chamber. The moment you step out of your echo chamber, bad things happen. People will report you just because they disagree. At least with politics, with other stuff, people aren’t so uptight.

When I get banned, I don’t ask Fiverr for help. Once Facebook banned me for 30 days, I did something else.

When sites like Quora see a ton of spam with Fiverr links they ban the entire domain meaning nobody can post any Fiverr links in Quora and that’s bad for Fiverr. As Eoin mentioned, I think Fiverr resolved it with Quora, but there are other sites where Fiverr has a bad rep because of the spammers.

Facebook doesn’t block Fiverr links, but there are groups where you’re not allowed to post any Fiverr links while it’s OK to post links to other premium freelance sites. If you post Fiverr links, then you’ll be kicked out without any discussion. When you join the group one of the requirements is that you agree not to post any Fiverr links.

It sounds ridiculous, but in certain communities Fiverr has bad rep and drastic measures have been put in place to keep those spammers away. That’s why I makes me :roll_eyes: every time I read a recommendation here “promote in social media”, especially when it’s coming from newbies who have no idea what they are talking about.

Look the thing is getting exposure. Because if people from Facebook are getting into your link and buying stuff from you on Fiverr they won’t they will just contact you on Facebook if they are interest. This is Fiverr’s Algorithm when you get like more than 20 to 40 clicks from social media your GIG get stuck on TOP. Personally what I did is just changed the title to keyword and added professional photos and my market research was great. I was doing something having demand but low competition.

When sites like Quora see a ton of spam with Fiverr links they ban the entire domain meaning nobody can post any Fiverr links in Quora and that’s bad for Fiverr. As Eoin mentioned, I think Fiverr resolved it with Quora, but there are other sites where Fiverr has a bad rep because of the spammers.

Facebook doesn’t block Fiverr links, but there are groups where you’re not allowed to post any Fiverr links while it’s OK to post links to other premium freelance sites. If you post Fiverr links, then you’ll be kicked out without any discussion. When you join the group one of the requirements is that you agree not to post any Fiverr links.

It sounds ridiculous, but in certain communities Fiverr has bad rep and drastic measures have been put in place to keep those spammers away. That’s why I makes me :roll_eyes: every time I read a recommendation here “promote in social media”, especially when it’s coming from newbies who have no idea what they are talking about.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense.

That’s why I makes me :roll_eyes: every time I read a recommendation here “promote in social media”, especially when it’s coming from newbies who have no idea what they are talking about.

Fiverr must think we’re all influencers with 500 to 10,000 friends.

This is Fiverr’s Algorithm when you get like more than 20 to 40 clicks from social media your GIG get stuck on TOP.

That’s not my experience. When I go to analytics, my “social gig views” are usually between 0 and 2, and that’s only for one gig, and by 2 I don’t mean 2,000, but 2.

The other gigs display “No data available for this graph type.”

And yet one of my gigs is usually on the first row.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense.

That’s why I makes me :roll_eyes: every time I read a recommendation here “promote in social media”, especially when it’s coming from newbies who have no idea what they are talking about.

Fiverr must think we’re all influencers with 500 to 10,000 friends.

This is Fiverr’s Algorithm when you get like more than 20 to 40 clicks from social media your GIG get stuck on TOP.

That’s not my experience. When I go to analytics, my “social gig views” are usually between 0 and 2, and that’s only for one gig, and by 2 I don’t mean 2,000, but 2.

The other gigs display “No data available for this graph type.”

Mine too but then I look at it in a different browser and it’s farther down on the page. So you really never know if you see it there because you’ve looked at it before or not, or if others see it there too.

Mine too but then I look at it in a different browser and it’s farther down on the page. So you really never know if you see it there because you’ve looked at it before or not, or if others see it there too.

Yes, that is correct. I can only speculate about where my gig is. What I do know is that today my sales were amazing, 4 orders for one gig, 4 orders for another gig, $128! It reminds me of the good old days, I had to raise my prices. I just hope nobody demands a refund later on. I’m at 90% order completion rate, that’s not a good place to be.

Spamming annoys people. It’s always better to offer helpful suggestions, make helpful comments.

When I comment as a Facebook page, I never mention anything about my page or what I do. If people want to click my name and see what I’m about, they can, but it’s very annoying to share your Fiverr gigs unless you’re asked for them.

Also, some platforms are horrible. Quora is one example, on Quora people can report you and get you banned from the platform, so be very careful what you say there. For example, someone asks a question about politics, and you reply, and an argument breaks, you can lose your account. It’s better to stick to safe topics like movies, TV, graphic design, etc. Topics where disagreements don’t drive people crazy.

I’ve never seen anyone banned for hating Arial Black.

But if you got into a discussion on

image.thumb.jpg.fd1475407bda6f323856b66d58c174d0.jpg

But if you got into a discussion on

I like that font, it was released by Microsoft in 1994.

I googled it and found a very interesting article about it. Apparently, two graphic designers threw a tantrum because their employer, The Children’s Museum, forced them to use it. They even created a website to ban the font.

A film producer, even did a study in which he claims that comic sans “makes readers slightly less likely to believe that a statement they are reading is true”

There are also defenders of the font, but from my research, the amount of infighting is amazing. Even the holocaust museum was condemned for using the font.

Graphic designers truly see the world in a different way than the rest of us.

I googled it and found a very interesting article about it. Apparently, two graphic designers threw a tantrum because their employer, The Children’s Museum, forced them to use it. They even created a website to ban the font.

A film producer, even did a study in which he claims that comic sans “makes readers slightly less likely to believe that a statement they are reading is true”

There are also defenders of the font, but from my research, the amount of infighting is amazing. Even the holocaust museum was condemned for using the font.

Even the holocaust museum was condemned for using the font.

That’s understandable.

A children’s museum sounds like a decent place to use it. The frustration is its proliferation in not-so “play-like” situations, such as the Holocaust Museum. I received bank wire instructions- pretty official, pretty important stuff from a financial institution- in Comic Sans or a very similar font and it was just so off. You don’t have to be a graphic designer to know there’s definitely something wrong.

Beyond psychology, there are some technical reasons to dislike it. I’m not a typography expert, but:

1. Harshly fixed width (throws of weight)
  2. Kerning (character spacing) is unbalanced
  3. Intended for low-res displays pre-anti-aliasing

This article and a couple others go into that with more detail and give some interesting history.

So ultimately I don’t hate it, by any means. I just hate using it when there are thousands of free font families that fit the bill much better.

A children’s museum sounds like a decent place to use it. The frustration is its proliferation in not-so “play-like” situations, such as the Holocaust Museum. I received bank wire instructions- pretty official, pretty important stuff from a financial institution- in Comic Sans or a very similar font and it was just so off. You don’t have to be a graphic designer to know there’s definitely something wrong.

Beyond psychology, there are some technical reasons to dislike it. I’m not a typography expert, but:

1. Harshly fixed width (throws of weight)
  2. Kerning (character spacing) is unbalanced
  3. Intended for low-res displays pre-anti-aliasing

This article and a couple others go into that with more detail and give some interesting history.

So ultimately I don’t hate it, by any means. I just hate using it when there are thousands of free font families that fit the bill much better.

I think people are taking the “Comic” too literally.

Times New Roman for example has nothing to do with the Roman Empire, so should we avoid it in a monument honoring Arminius?

I agree that some fonts only work for some occasions.

ITC Bauhaus is great for German stuff.

Western Bang Bang is great for cowboy stuff.

Trajan is apparently extremely popular for movie posters, and a lot of designers hate it for that.

Comic sans on the other hand, seems to be very versatile, like Helvetica, a font that can (and has been) used on many different occasions.

Either way, it is the client that chooses the font in the end. As much as we don’t like it when they mess with our work, it’s part of the job. Only artists have total freedom, the rest of us are just trying to get paid.

Archived