The Blind Review System- Conversation Continued

aaronbushell

I can admit that the experience may be good for some people. Can you admit that it’s bad for the vast majority? And if you can, are you going to tell me that all those people are bad, rude, and aggressive for no reason?

Are you going to tell me that all the people who claim to have sent respectful messages explaining a problem only to be met with a canned response that’s irrelevant to what was asked are liars?

I don’t care one bit what the vast majority thinks about things. I care what I think about things. That’s all that matters to me. I know about lots of things that way that others don’t. Let people each have their own ideas, you, me, and everyone. I’m an individual. I don’t do group think.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t care one bit what the vast majority thinks about things. I care what I think about things. That’s all that matters to me. I know about lots of things that way that others don’t. Let people each have their own ideas, you, me, and everyone. I’m an individual. I don’t do group think.

Fiverr better care about what the group thinks. More people = more money. And that’s the goal. If all your clients think that Fiverr is a bad platform (due to CS or other factors), you’ll quickly realize that what you think matters very little. I’m not saying they do think that, or that they will. I’m saying that what you think matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

Fiverr better care about what the group thinks. More people = more money. And that’s the goal. If all your clients think that Fiverr is a bad platform (due to CS or other factors), you’ll quickly realize that what you think matters very little. I’m not saying they do think that, or that they will. I’m saying that what you think matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

. I’m saying that what you think matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t think you need to be disparaging me, or my opinions, as I don’t disparage yours. Why not just be happy knowing you go along with what you read on google about things. And let me go on being happy that I only care about my own opinion.

A buyer demanded two revisions. So I gave him 3 stars, thinking he had given me a low rating. I wrote “thanks for ordering.” Now I see that he gave me 5 stars, so I wrote customer service, asking for a chance to revise my review.

This is ridiculous. I think Customer Service has better things to do.

I know Fiverr wants us to review our experience, but it looks very unprofessional to give 3 stars to someone that gave you 5. Buyers who don’t understand the new system are gonna think I’m angry or crazy.

Come on, Fiverr, you’re hurting my business!

A buyer demanded two revisions. So I gave him 3 stars, thinking he had given me a low rating. I wrote “thanks for ordering.” Now I see that he gave me 5 stars, so I wrote customer service, asking for a chance to revise my review.

I know Fiverr wants us to review our experience, but it looks very unprofessional to give 3 stars to someone that gave you 5. Buyers who don’t understand the new system are gonna think I’m angry or crazy.

There are moments where the best thing to do is to do nothing and I think this is one of those moments…

We’re all trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea… I find it’s not worth risking our names and reputation :frowning_face:

. I’m saying that what you think matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t think you need to be disparaging me, or my opinions, as I don’t disparage yours. Why not just be happy knowing you go along with what you read on google about things. And let me go on being happy that I only care about my own opinion.

I’m not disparaging you. Your opinions matter very little just as mine matter very little. Any individual’s opinions matter very little in any system composed of a lot of people. I’ve seen multiple very respected sellers sharing my opinion on this matter. As a member of this community, I don’t like to see people who I know are talented having their livelihoods put at risk due to lack of transparent and bad communication on Fiverr’s part.

A buyer demanded two revisions. So I gave him 3 stars, thinking he had given me a low rating.

Yikes, I would feel terrible if I did that. This is why you have to always assume you are getting five stars now. Anything else risks giving a nice person a bad review for no reason.

So is the order marked as complete when they leave the review even if we don’t see it for ten days?

I’m not disparaging you. Your opinions matter very little just as mine matter very little. Any individual’s opinions matter very little in any system composed of a lot of people. I’ve seen multiple very respected sellers sharing my opinion on this matter. As a member of this community, I don’t like to see people who I know are talented having their livelihoods put at risk due to lack of transparent and bad communication on Fiverr’s part.

Groupthink is a phenomenon that occurs when the desire for group consensus overrides people’s common sense desire to present alternatives, critique a position, or express an unpopular opinion. Here, the desire for group cohesion effectively drives out good decision - making and problem solving.

We are still in the mode, mentally, of thinking we are responding to what the buyer reviews. And it does look like that’s what we are doing the way the reviews are set up on a gig page.

But now instead we are actually giving a critique of the experience with the buyer and are not supposed to be thinking about what the buyer might have said about us in their review of us.

And the main problem is that almost all buyers are going to be seeing that review page and thinking what we say is in response to what the buyer said. They don’t know that it’s not that way at all now.

The new system is not that big a deal

A review, by definition, is a a formal assessment or examination as to a service provided and overall experience.

A review is not a response - or a rebuttal, as it seems to be being implied/used here as others have mentioned above.

The only thing Fiverr did was implement something that will force sellers to leave a real “review” rather than a response or rebuttal.

They now have a true review system, regardless of the opinions//feelings…Its not a big deal lol a bunch of peopole above, including my self have had immediate success/no issues with the new blind system, I think its time we all move on lol get back to business!!! Adapt and grow, if youre truly concerned by a blind review system, maybe it best to review your services/communication/and overall job performance - a seller doing good business and providing a good service should not be scared by ones ability to review them.

A review, by definition, is a a formal assessment or examination as to a service provided and overall experience.

A review is not a response - or a rebuttal, as it seems to be being implied/used here as others have mentioned above.

The only thing Fiverr did was implement something that will force sellers to leave a real “review” rather than a response or rebuttal.

They now have a true review system, regardless of the opinions//feelings…Its not a big deal lol a bunch of peopole above, including my self have had immediate success/no issues with the new blind system, I think its time we all move on lol get back to business!!! Adapt and grow, if youre truly concerned by a blind review system, maybe it best to review your services/communication/and overall job performance - a seller doing good business and providing a good service should not be scared by ones ability to review them.

@garythomas9501

Would it be too much if I ask what is your category and level?

A buyer demanded two revisions. So I gave him 3 stars, thinking he had given me a low rating.

Yikes, I would feel terrible if I did that. This is why you have to always assume you are getting five stars now. Anything else risks giving a nice person a bad review for no reason.

So is the order marked as complete when they leave the review even if we don’t see it for ten days?

I think going to my link gig before reviewing the order, and didn’t see the buyer’s review. I think it only appears live if you write a review.

I hope this doesn’t mean that if we don’t reply blind reviews, we won’t get any reviews.

A review is not a response - or a rebuttal , as it seems to be being implied/used here as others have mentioned above.

Buyers review their experience. It makes no sense for me as a seller, to say that I had a great experience, when my buyer didn’t.

Besides, if you’ve been on Fiverr for a while, you’ll remember that first we had thumbs up/thumbs down, then the star system with reviews, then we were able to reply reviews, and now we have blind reviews.

maybe it best to review your services/communication/and overall job performance

So I should ask my clients if they’re happy with my work before delivering? What if they take 3 days to get back to me?

“Due to policy changes, I will no longer be participating in Fiverr’s review process. Please contact me before closing the order if the delivery is unsatisfactory"

Literally mentioned the policy change and instructed on ways around themselves getting a poor review lol - if that’s not manipulation i don’t know what is 😦 i Said it 5 times on the forum, it was pretty obvious when the idea came up that it was total manipulation

Literally mentioned the policy change and instructed on ways around themselves getting a poor review lol - if that’s not manipulation i don’t know what is 😦 i Said it 5 times on the forum, it was pretty obvious when the idea came up that it was total manipulation

You have a gig with zero customer reviews. However, in your gig image, you depict a 5-star rating with actual stars, in a way which looks official. Personally, I’d consider that more a case of review manipulation than asking a buyer to reach out of they are not 100% happy.

Even if you have 5-star reviews, no one has actually rated you with regard to the service in question. Also, showing 5 individual stars on your gig images is counter to new Fiverr policy changes which show just one star with a rating number beside it…

Of course, you would have to read between the lines of the site TOS to interpret your actions as outright manipulative. LOL 🙂

You have a gig with zero customer reviews. However, in your gig image, you depict a 5-star rating with actual stars, in a way which looks official. Personally, I’d consider that more a case of review manipulation than asking a buyer to reach out of they are not 100% happy.

Even if you have 5-star reviews, no one has actually rated you with regard to the service in question. Also, showing 5 individual stars on your gig images is counter to new Fiverr policy changes which show just one star with a rating number beside it…

Of course, you would have to read between the lines of the site TOS to interpret your actions as outright manipulative. LOL 🙂

Just to clear things up lol five stars is a standardly accepted measure of performance, doesnt matter that fiverr changed to a 1 star system, i provide a 5 star service i believe. My customers i think would say the same.

And the gig you referenced just happens to be a new seperate gig, ive offered the service for long time here, have had many jobs for the exact gig specifications and have a ton of reviews for that specific task.

I think going to my link gig before reviewing the order, and didn’t see the buyer’s review. I think it only appears live if you write a review.

I hope this doesn’t mean that if we don’t reply blind reviews, we won’t get any reviews.

A review is not a response - or a rebuttal , as it seems to be being implied/used here as others have mentioned above.

Buyers review their experience. It makes no sense for me as a seller, to say that I had a great experience, when my buyer didn’t.

Besides, if you’ve been on Fiverr for a while, you’ll remember that first we had thumbs up/thumbs down, then the star system with reviews, then we were able to reply reviews, and now we have blind reviews.

maybe it best to review your services/communication/and overall job performance

So I should ask my clients if they’re happy with my work before delivering? What if they take 3 days to get back to me?

Ya its obviously not the preferred solution, but since its here we have to cope and find ways to continue doing business successfully - giving up is definitely not the answer 😃

Just to clear things up lol five stars is a standardly accepted measure of performance, doesnt matter that fiverr changed to a 1 star system, i provide a 5 star service i believe. My customers i think would say the same.

And the gig you referenced just happens to be a new seperate gig, ive offered the service for long time here, have had many jobs for the exact gig specifications and have a ton of reviews for that specific task.

Ok, just remember that if your Fiverr rating ever dips below 5-stars, you will need to update your gig images accordingly. It’s like when TRS sellers and level 2 sellers get demoted, they are required to immediately remove any mention of former levels from their gig media. Still showing a level 2 badge when you are level 1 etc, is a big no for Fiverr. With this being the case, I would imagine they will look the same way on star ratings on gig images.

I do like the idea. I did start creating gig images which show stars when Fiverr went into 60-day ratings display mode. In the end I didn’t as I assumed that this would be considered manipulation.

Ok, just remember that if your Fiverr rating ever dips below 5-stars, you will need to update your gig images accordingly. It’s like when TRS sellers and level 2 sellers get demoted, they are required to immediately remove any mention of former levels from their gig media. Still showing a level 2 badge when you are level 1 etc, is a big no for Fiverr. With this being the case, I would imagine they will look the same way on star ratings on gig images.

I do like the idea. I did start creating gig images which show stars when Fiverr went into 60-day ratings display mode. In the end I didn’t as I assumed that this would be considered manipulation.

Definitely good advice TY 🙂 but just in case ive already contacted my fiverr success rep and fiverr support. Ill definitely update the forum once i get a response!

See when I think theoretically about a review system and how it should work, I agree with what you say. However, people do not offer accurate reviews - take the example of people who give give toasters 1-star reviews on Amazon because their toast burned when the setting was too high.

My negative reviews come from people who tried to get something more than they paid for or attempted to get me to cancel after delivery. In some ways I think I am lucky but it’s also likely that my price point that puts the bad buyers off. However, those who are at lower price points tend to get more of them and from a buyer perspective, I find the responses more telling and useful in terms of assessing the seller than when buyers leave a stinker of a review.

See when I think theoretically about a review system and how it should work, I agree with what you say. However, people do not offer accurate reviews - take the example of people who give give toasters 1-star reviews on Amazon because their toast burned when the setting was too high.

My negative reviews come from people who tried to get something more than they paid for or attempted to get me to cancel after delivery. In some ways I think I am lucky but it’s also likely that my price point that puts the bad buyers off. However, those who are at lower price points tend to get more of them and from a buyer perspective, I find the responses more telling and useful in terms of assessing the seller than when buyers leave a stinker of a review.

Great Point, and i just had my 2nd review - where i left the client something along the lines of “good experience will work with again” - which is true of course, and he got/earned 5 stars - but he just left me a review that was amazing lol something like “wow! this guy is great…” and now i feel kind of like eh i wish i left such a raving review of him 😦

Great Point, and i just had my 2nd review - where i left the client something along the lines of “good experience will work with again” - which is true of course, and he got/earned 5 stars - but he just left me a review that was amazing lol something like “wow! this guy is great…” and now i feel kind of like eh i wish i left such a raving review of him 😦

There’s also the buyers who leave reviews like “Thanks, message me when you are free for the next project” who are only gonna be hearing from me 10 days later…

There’s also the buyers who leave reviews like “Thanks, message me when you are free for the next project” who are only gonna be hearing from me 10 days later…

Thats an even better point than the first lol definitely be worried about that, but hey support seems to be listening and making a ton of changes, who knows whats in store 🙂 maybe they revise and make some changes sellers will be happier about!

I’m surprised there has been no official response from Fiverr (That I have seen) regarding this. It’s such a massive uproar about it. Everyone seems to hate it!

Everytime I’ve seen similar uproar about a change to a platform, or even a game, the developers of the said site/game have reverted such a change within a day or two usually and even apologized about it.

I’m surprised there has been no official response from Fiverr (That I have seen) regarding this. It’s such a massive uproar about it. Everyone seems to hate it!

Everytime I’ve seen similar uproar about a change to a platform, or even a game, the developers of the said site/game have reverted such a change within a day or two usually and even apologized about it.

the developers of the said site/game have reverted such a change within a day

What about the new google email inbox? 😬

Archived