The Blind Review System- Conversation Continued

aaronbushell

As long as this system is implemented, I think I will either not respond to reviews, or I will leave a positive review, but at the end say something along the lines of, “Due to Fiverr’s new blind review system, I can’t see your comment at the time that I’m writing this. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please send me a message and I’ll be happy to help.” I think that’s too long, but you get what I mean.

Edit: Having gone back and read the whole discussion, I will be refraining from mentioning the system to buyers, just in case. Thanks @faithmaryella for sharing your experience.

I guess this means I won’t be responding to reviews anymore. (And it is shown like a response to the buyer, even though they call it a review of the buyer.)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not recommend option three.

My account has now been closed due to “Feedback Manipulation” and “Inappropriate Language”. I have contacted the support staff for an explanation and received only confirmation that my account will never be reopened and instructions for retrieving my money after three months.

Thank God I made plans to publish my website after the blind review system was implemented!

Good luck to the sellers who stay. I hope that Fiverr figures out there is no buyer without a product.

Faith

Were you were flagged for feedback manipulation because of a statement like this? I don’t think response three is feedback manipulation. It is simply asking the buyer to let you know if they have any problems or need any changes, before they accept the order. Once they accept the order, whether they leave feedback or not, it’s closed and they can no longer request any changes, so that’s simply good advice for the buyer. There’s no need to even mention reviews.

Ya its obviously not the preferred solution, but since its here we have to cope and find ways to continue doing business successfully - giving up is definitely not the answer 😃

I contacted customer service, this is what they told me:

"Sorry to hear about your less than positive experience.

We appreciate your feedback. Your comments have been noted and will be forwarded to our Product Developers for further review.

Regarding the your feedback on this order, we will unfortunately not be able to remove it.

Thank you for your understanding. We are here if you need any further assistance.

Best regards!"

I guess from now on, everyone is getting a 5-star review.

Literally mentioned the policy change and instructed on ways around themselves getting a poor review lol - if that’s not manipulation i don’t know what is 😦 i Said it 5 times on the forum, it was pretty obvious when the idea came up that it was total manipulation

You have a gig with zero customer reviews. However, in your gig image, you depict a 5-star rating with actual stars, in a way which looks official. Personally, I’d consider that more a case of review manipulation than asking a buyer to reach out of they are not 100% happy.

Even if you have 5-star reviews, no one has actually rated you with regard to the service in question. Also, showing 5 individual stars on your gig images is counter to new Fiverr policy changes which show just one star with a rating number beside it…

Of course, you would have to read between the lines of the site TOS to interpret your actions as outright manipulative. LOL 🙂 Heres Supports answer:

Note that your Gigs have been reviewed by our Editorial Team and it has been confirmed that showing stars on your Gig images is allowed.

Confirmed 👍

Hey in case you wanted to update your gig images 😀 Heres Supports answer:

Note that your Gigs have been reviewed by our Editorial Team and it has been confirmed that showing stars on your Gig images is allowed.

Confirmed 👍

That’s not the point. Point is you are defending some jealous prick who banned her account just for saying i will not participating in the review system.

and for you are saying it perfectly ok that i have five star next to my gig. You do not see the irony in it??

You try to read some which is not there just so you can defend the action.

That’s not the point. Point is you are defending some jealous prick who banned her account just for saying i will not participating in the review system.

and for you are saying it perfectly ok that i have five star next to my gig. You do not see the irony in it??

You try to read some which is not there just so you can defend the action.

whoa? That was a side comment to a totally different thing lol someone said they wanted to put 5 stars in their profile but decided not to…i was just telling him support said it was ok?

Not defending anything?

Sorry, think you misread/misunderstood that message 😃

whoa? That was a side comment to a totally different thing lol someone said they wanted to put 5 stars in their profile but decided not to…i was just telling him support said it was ok?

Not defending anything?

Sorry, think you misread/misunderstood that message 😃

It is possible But i was was under the impression that you are saying they make the right decision by banning her, because she said she will not be participating in the review.

By the way this blind system is a idea of 7 year old grown person.

As far as your gig image go, if it allowed than it is allowed.

Wish you luck

Now i am thinking i got you wrong

It is possible But i was was under the impression that you are saying they make the right decision by banning her, because she said she will not be participating in the review.

By the way this blind system is a idea of 7 year old grown person.

As far as your gig image go, if it allowed than it is allowed.

Wish you luck

Now i am thinking i got you wrong

that you are saying they make the right decision by banning her, because she said she will not be participating in the review.

Not at all, wasnt even referring to that 🙂

that you are saying they make the right decision by banning her, because she said she will not be participating in the review.

Not at all, wasnt even referring to that 🙂

I read you other comment at the start it seems like you were saying that

Her message can be interpret in this way that she is manipulation review. In my opinion that is strecth.

May be i am wrong. Leave it there

Wish you luck

I’m coming with additional options for seller responses to the buyers’ invisible reviews if you don’t want to wait 10 days to see those reviews:

Option 5. Do like this guy did and use the default placeholder text with a 4 or 5 star depending on how your experience was with the buyer (or what your gut instinct tells you about the buyers)

However, if you had a really bad experience, leave a lower rating. But if you just had a fishy feeling you could go with 4 stars (and if the buyer gives a 5 and asks you why you gave 4, blame the Mobile Rating Bug):

42861243_10155853068602944_541366063426699264_n.jpg.355cc77829c0a16fe82a880a07207426.jpg

It’s simple/generic, denotes that the seller is having trouble using the new review system when a buyer sees this repeatedly across the testimonials, and has no actual response to the buyer that could make them react 🙂

Option 6. Use the same 4 or 5 star technique depending on your experience with the buyer or your gut instinct, then write a review where you professionally describe what you did for the buyer/order so that other buyers can see that you did the work as described, as well as what you did for that buyer.

This way, if the buyer gives a bad review, at least your review will clearly show you did exactly as advertised and that the buyer appeared satisfied in the midst of the order no matter what the buyer then said in their review 😉

Example: “Provided 3 logo iterations from which the buyer picked the one that he liked, then he asked for 2 revisions to make the logo match perfectly with his brand. Delivered logo source files and ready-to-use images as per the purchased package.”

P.S. these are just ideas / suggestions - use at your own risk!

They have changed things when they were simply a test, so you can’t be sure this isn’t one too.

I applaud fiverr for listening to all the complainers who were asking for a way to rate buyers. However my impression was always that it was less experienced sellers who were angry at buyers who were scamming them, or sellers who wanted to get revenge for things, and not really the more experienced sellers who wanted this.

I intend to find a way to work with this. I’ve never rated my clients and dislike the idea of doing that, but still I need to find a way to make some kind of comment now. It may take me a while but I will find a solution.

You never rated your clients? I always did that, 99% 5 stars. I was always hoping that one day my rating will make a difference.

I could imagine that low rated clients can only order low value gigs, with no physical delivery. As my surest red flag to a problem/scamming client is a new account with a $100+ order. I am sure it will get disputed and cancelled in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiverr has profited over $50,000 off of me and they continue to pull this kind of stuff. I’m slowly migrating off of this website. They treat their sellers terribly.

Same here! And I have as much coming to me from contract orders coming up over the next few months. What is Fiverr doing to keep the good sellers around? I can’t think of anything for the moment. Some of us work only with past or current clients and don’t accept new buyers. I’ve directed many of my clients here to ease the ordering process and have a decent messaging system. Is there anything keeping us here to work on future projects together? Not really. In the past, there may have been some trust and safety, but with that “order processing website” and their inclination to process chargebacks so quickly (not Fiverr’s fault), it doesn’t help.

You never rated your clients? I always did that, 99% 5 stars. I was always hoping that one day my rating will make a difference.

I could imagine that low rated clients can only order low value gigs, with no physical delivery. As my surest red flag to a problem/scamming client is a new account with a $100+ order. I am sure it will get disputed and cancelled in the end.

I dislike rating anyone as it seems like it is publicly judging them. They made a purchase for a service so how can I rate them? I expect most will be very nice aside from a more difficult one here and there but what purpose would it serve to comment on them? Their total experience with me needs to be private.

I’m coming with additional options for seller responses to the buyers’ invisible reviews if you don’t want to wait 10 days to see those reviews:

Option 5. Do like this guy did and use the default placeholder text with a 4 or 5 star depending on how your experience was with the buyer (or what your gut instinct tells you about the buyers)

However, if you had a really bad experience, leave a lower rating. But if you just had a fishy feeling you could go with 4 stars (and if the buyer gives a 5 and asks you why you gave 4, blame the Mobile Rating Bug):

42861243_10155853068602944_541366063426699264_n

It’s simple/generic, denotes that the seller is having trouble using the new review system when a buyer sees this repeatedly across the testimonials, and has no actual response to the buyer that could make them react 🙂

Option 6. Use the same 4 or 5 star technique depending on your experience with the buyer or your gut instinct, then write a review where you professionally describe what you did for the buyer/order so that other buyers can see that you did the work as described, as well as what you did for that buyer.

This way, if the buyer gives a bad review, at least your review will clearly show you did exactly as advertised and that the buyer appeared satisfied in the midst of the order no matter what the buyer then said in their review 😉

Example: “Provided 3 logo iterations from which the buyer picked the one that he liked, then he asked for 2 revisions to make the logo match perfectly with his brand. Delivered logo source files and ready-to-use images as per the purchased package.”

P.S. these are just ideas / suggestions - use at your own risk!

I like the 2nd option!! 🙂

Archived