Is 20% a fair deal?

wesleyfranklin

this 20% fees doesn’t matter.Fiverr changed my life

👏

Thank you so much for this - I do hope that a number of forum users will read your post. ☀️

Thank you @offlinehelpers I tried more than 5 marketplace to find new work.I failed every time because there was no value for newbie They don’t care about new freelancer. But fiverr is the best marketplace I had ever seen. This is best for new freelancer also so I have no problem if they take 50% fees. Now I am here only Because of fiverr and my Almighty Allah

I never meant that, besides It’s highly probable that people would try to find a way around the commission by doing so. Not everyone obviously would do so, but a considerable amount of people might.

There will be a way of handling it. You can’t sell a gig for $5 and get a tip of $50…too obvious. Fiverr can device a way of monitoring that if they want to.

1. How do you set up a payment system for you and your clients? Fiverr offers that.
  2. How do you get all these clients? I mean, everyone can’t drive loads of traffic to their personal sites to get clients, Fiverr does that for you.
  3. You get buyers from around the globe, you interact with different people and this does have a positive effect on your professional career plus its a good feeling.

Plus, it also serves as a portfolio to potential clients, your experience and reviews demonstrate credibility! 🙂

They get their own share from the traffic too. In addition, thats why they charge that fee but for me it seems to be on the high side.

There will be a way of handling it. You can’t sell a gig for $5 and get a tip of $50…too obvious. Fiverr can device a way of monitoring that if they want to.

You can’t sell a gig for $5 and get a tip of $50

Actually you can. I have that happen occasionally and more than $50.

That’s why I have a tips gig. People come back and ask how to leave a tip.

I don’t understand it when people complain about the 20%.

Fiverr brings you more customers than any other way you could possibly get them. Fiverr is the reason you get any business at all.

Thank you @offlinehelpers I tried more than 5 marketplace to find new work.I failed every time because there was no value for newbie They don’t care about new freelancer. But fiverr is the best marketplace I had ever seen. This is best for new freelancer also so I have no problem if they take 50% fees. Now I am here only Because of fiverr and my Almighty Allah

Obviously your response is bias. Fiverr has nothing to do with whether you are a newbie or not. The buyers use their discretion to buy the gigs they want. As a newbie, all you have to do is create an excellent profile, reduce your prices and share your gigs. Someone who has been waiting for several months now to get any gig sold will definitely have a different opinion.

20% is a very fair deal.

Fiverr is different from the way most freelance sites work. You have to apply to gazillions of jobs and you either have to pay to get featured to get a chance or apply till someone notices you.

However, apart from the buyers’ request, things work differently here. Millions of people come to Fiverr and choose gigs they want to buy. Now how did those people get to know Fiverr? Heavy marketing! They take your gigs to people’s inboxes, timelines, search engines etc.

20% is really a fair price to pay.

I know it might hurt when you have an order of 500 dollars and Fiverr takes $100.

I feel differently. I appreciate it.

In my opinion, they can maybe reduce it a little, to maybe 10% when you earn up to a certain amount (Like 50k dollars)

However I’m fine with it so far!

20% is a very fair deal.

Fiverr is different from the way most freelance sites work. You have to apply to gazillions of jobs and you either have to pay to get featured to get a chance or apply till someone notices you.

However, apart from the buyers’ request, things work differently here. Millions of people come to Fiverr and choose gigs they want to buy. Now how did those people get to know Fiverr? Heavy marketing! They take your gigs to people’s inboxes, timelines, search engines etc.

20% is really a fair price to pay.

I know it might hurt when you have an order of 500 dollars and Fiverr takes $100.

I feel differently. I appreciate it.

In my opinion, they can maybe reduce it a little, to maybe 10% when you earn up to a certain amount (Like 50k dollars)

However I’m fine with it so far!

I appreciate your comment.

Please, I don’t want anyone to get a wrong impression here. It’s not like our comments or response will make any difference. I belong to a number of platforms that have different modes of operations but none charge as much as 20%. That was why I was prompted to stir up this little conversation. Even if they charge 90%, they didn’t force anyone to join. Thank you for all your response.

I would reframe the gig payment and tip payment as what it is: income. Fiverr taxes 20% of my income as the cost of doing business on its platform. If I get $50 for a gig and $50 for a tip, then I look at it as $100 in pre-tax income. I happily pay my 20% for marketing, logisitics, accounting and payment processing. I wish all my business expenses were only 20% of income.

They get their own share from the traffic too. In addition, thats why they charge that fee but for me it seems to be on the high side.

But I know I wouldn’t have clients if not for Fiverr neither would I have experience so I don’t care if they charge 20% as long as they’re especially also offering support alongside and making sure we could communicate with clients 24/7.

You relate the 20% commission directly to the Alexa rank, what is essentially wrong. Twitter ranks 13, they don’t have a commission system in place. There are enough examples.

On a side note i never met anyone who even uses Alexas toolbar except for a few SEO fanatics who keep visiting their own and their clients sites.

You relate the 20% commission directly to the Alexa rank, what is essentially wrong. Twitter ranks 13, they don’t have a commission system in place. There are enough examples.

Really there is no point of this discussions you shold know difference between social media websites and marketplace… -.-’

I agree with @misscrystal “No one is forcing you to be here so leave if you don’t like it. Leave and keep 20% of NOTHING!”

GL.

Really there is no point of this discussions you shold know difference between social media websites and marketplace… -.-’

I agree with @misscrystal “No one is forcing you to be here so leave if you don’t like it. Leave and keep 20% of NOTHING!”

GL.

I agree on that. It doesn’t matter if one thinks if 20% is a fair deal or not. Nobody forces anybody to offer gigs here. We all can take it or leave it.

• 5 months later...

It a simple business rule every business man encounters a share man 🙂 When ever there is someone in between the two dealing parties he has his share. I m thankful to fiver that he does so for just 20%.

Sharing is not a problem. They charge the seller 20% and they charge the buyer 20%. Thats 40%.

Archived