:star2: Rumour has it.....:star2:

ollydave

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not about looking beautiful in a profile picture on fiverr. It is about making people feel comfortable that they are hiring someone trustworthy and able to do the job. This isn’t Vogue.

Its about attracting the buyers that you want, when someone scrolls down they should stop scrolling and take a look at your profile…if they can not do that then it is hard to keep bringing in new clients. Its visual first then your monologue later. That is why in journalism we use ‘catchy’ headlines.

Anyway it is just my take on things.

There is a reason why most visual ads and marketing strategies feature good looking people ( men and women). It is a science that was proved to work and yield desired results…however, I am not sure if that works on Fiverr, an anonymous study is needed to get accurate data.

There is a reason why most visual ads and marketing strategies feature good looking people ( men and women). It is a science that was proved to work and yield desired results…however, I am not sure if that works on Fiverr, an anonymous study is needed to get accurate data.

In the case of Fiverr.com

Sellers scouring the net to find the “perfect pic” of an A, B, C, D list celebrity pics or from an unknown victim(s) is theft. Listening to self-proclaimed Fiverr gurus via the dark web; offering shoddy advice. Sellers who are emboldened to steal pictures are being deceitful to their buyers. I’ve seen many so-called “male” sellers here, pretending to be women. Then they turn around by confessing that they are indeed a male.

In fact, Fiverr encourages sellers to use unique and real images.

A) The true likeness of the seller (Avatar/Caricature works, too.) or B) Logo.

Fiverr’s Terms

Profile Image Your profile image should be unique and real. We recommend uploading a picture of yourself to add that personal touch to your profile. You can also upload an image that reflects the type of services you offer.

Note:

Do not use images from the web.

Do not use images that you don’t have the copyrights for.

Do not include “Fiverr” badges in your profile image.

Avoid using a lot of text in your profile image.

Personally if a seller used a fake profile picture and delivered the service as descriptions I wouldn’t care at all, but thats just me.

It wouldn’t bother me either but to be honest I wouldn’t give them a chance - Fake profile pic usually means copied descriptions, stolen portfolio and rubbish deliveries. There might be a couple of exceptions but I won’t take a chance to find out.

As for those buyers who are only attracted by “shiny” things, they aren’t my target market.

Helpful hint - for those who are not “shiny”, adding in a couple of handsome dogs to your image is a good way to overcome this. Unfortunately this doesn’t work on Upwork as their image checker couldn’t differentiate between my face and the dogs…

Helpful hint - for those who are not “shiny”, adding in a couple of handsome dogs to your image is a good way to overcome this. Unfortunately this doesn’t work on Upwork as their image checker couldn’t differentiate between my face and the dogs…

hahaha full of humour! You are right though, the essential is to ‘jump out’ whether by being ‘shiny’ or very ‘dull’

Rumor has it that @jonbaas is a terrible guy, who likes making new sellers cry, by rudely picking on them because they innocently know nothing about the easy-to-find Fiverr TOS. 😉

Which, of course, as we all know, is just a rumor. I’m one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. But I don’t have any qualms about “reminding” newbie sellers when they are intentionally cheating the system to make a sale, committing fraud to convince buyers they are not who they say they are, or willingly breaking the site rules because they don’t think those rules apply to them.

Rumor has it that @jonbaas is a terrible guy, who likes making new sellers cry, by rudely picking on them because they innocently know nothing about the easy-to-find Fiverr TOS. 😉

Which, of course, as we all know, is just a rumor. I’m one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. But I don’t have any qualms about “reminding” newbie sellers when they are intentionally cheating the system to make a sale, committing fraud to convince buyers they are not who they say they are, or willingly breaking the site rules because they don’t think those rules apply to them.

Jon is sweet and talented. 😎

Don’t believe me? See for yourself.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

By Request: Portraits by jonbaas

Here’s a little something different for the forum. I was asked by @ssj1236 and @zeus777 to share some images of my graphite (i.e., pencil) portraits. I had made a comment in the topic (linked below) about the fact that I draw portraits for fun, and...

Reading time: 6 mins ? Likes: 188 ❤

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that if you copy and paste the gig descriptions of a successful seller you too will be successful and mek sells.

No dear, I only meking sells with my most awesome English proofreading and totally original graphical deisigning of logos. I have been a fiverr profesional already seven hours and hope to reach level 2 in six to seven days time. Jonbaas promised a sprinkling a fairy dust if I promised to leave him alone.

Archived