They closed her account! lost everything (Answered )

ericalarsson

Fiverr TOS are pretty clear on offering fake reviews …

They really aren’t clear on this and I’m really tired of people saying this on the forum. The word “review” appears in the ToS 31 times, all references to either Fiverr reviews or used as a verb to describe actions taken by Fiverr staff.

The line that forbids these types of gigs reads: “Gigs may be removed by Fiverr for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations…violation of a third party’s terms of service.”

It’s barely clear what that means in English, now try figuring out what, exactly, that means when you aren’t proficient in English.

If you are selling fake reviews you are helping someone scam a potential buyer. Pretty clear why that wouldn’t be accepted here 🙂

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are selling fake reviews you are helping someone scam a potential buyer. Pretty clear why that wouldn’t be accepted here 🙂

@garythomas9501 i agree to you that the market should not permit any illegal activity. But on the other hand we see daily requests for traffic generation bots, hacking of social media accounts, hoax sites. So things arent such crystal clear that we utterly deny someone misery as outcome. Defiantly if see was violating terms she should be penalized because after all we are working in a framework. But the sole reason for such actions by the platform is not based on promoting honestly but marginalizing any events which could deter their revenues. So showing little sympathy would not be a big sin.

@garythomas9501 i agree to you that the market should not permit any illegal activity. But on the other hand we see daily requests for traffic generation bots, hacking of social media accounts, hoax sites. So things arent such crystal clear that we utterly deny someone misery as outcome. Defiantly if see was violating terms she should be penalized because after all we are working in a framework. But the sole reason for such actions by the platform is not based on promoting honestly but marginalizing any events which could deter their revenues. So showing little sympathy would not be a big sin.

I have sympathy for her “friend” i wouldn’t want to see anyone lose their

job… but Best example I can think of is: just because you see someone

else breaking the rules, breaking the law, and not getting in trouble…

doesn’t make it ok to do.

I have sympathy for her “friend” i wouldn’t want to see anyone lose their

job… but Best example I can think of is: just because you see someone

else breaking the rules, breaking the law, and not getting in trouble…

doesn’t make it ok to do.

I agree with you. Anyways a warning would have been better. and such actions must be generalized for everyone including buyers itself.

I agree 100 per cent, I just take issue with the statement that “the ToS is clear.” It isn’t.

Took 1 second just to checkout TOS myself and found:

“violation of a third party’s terms of service reported” ::

Of course it’s against amzn/ggle terms of service to provide fake reviews.

Sounds very clear to me 🙂 anyway, a sad situation indeed!

Putting the whole crying and the fake reviews etc etc to the side for now…
I can feel a bit sorry for your friend up to a certain point, but I guess sympathy is not going to change anything at this point.

So you mentioned that your friend does music gigs?
If she was successful with her music gigs perhaps she can create a new account and start from scratch. After all, that’s what she did 3 years ago when she started, right? She can promote her gigs, and hopefully her past clients will spot her again and she will get orders. I don’t think your friend has lost everything yet, she will get her money in 90 days.
90 days is pretty long, that’s enough time to create a new gig and start again. Much better and productive than crying. She might even get a good number of sales by then.

Erica here,I had to borrow my bf’s account because Fiverrs stupid feature (max 22 posts the first day)

Customer Support wont answer what happens with her funds, and she want to contact her customers, but no answer from support. They just ignore our mails by now 😦
How serious is Fiverr company actually?

Erica here,I had to borrow my bf’s account because Fiverrs stupid feature (max 22 posts the first day)

Customer Support wont answer what happens with her funds, and she want to contact her customers, but no answer from support. They just ignore our mails by now 😦

Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Fiverr’s approval.

Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Fiverr’s approval.

ok

we are in shock by this…I though support should be more seriously, this is unbearable for her as it was her ONLY income.

ok

we are in shock by this…I though support should be more seriously, this is unbearable for her as it was her ONLY income.

Understood, fiverr is an incredibly serious and growing company lol I’m sure support is busy as their response times usually range from 24-48 hours (in my personal experience) be patient, as stated above she will have the chance to get funds after 90 days. It may also be better for her to deal with this alone, so far you have posted for your friend from your 1 day old account? and a boyfriend’s 1 day old account ? I’m sure I won’t be the only one finding this a bit odd- as I’m sure you can see from some of the other comments above… in any case goodluck to you guys! Wish you the best!

Erica here,I had to borrow my bf’s account because Fiverrs stupid feature

So you are here helping your friend, and you have your new account and this boyfriend’s new account.

Would need a phone number,because this is serious

How can we reach them when mail support wont work?

They don’t want to talk to you about your friend’s account. She needs to be the one to contact them.

Why?

Is this a serious company really?

It’s a serious company that doesn’t want to communicate with your friend.

Understood, fiverr is an incredibly serious and growing company lol I’m sure support is busy as their response times usually range from 24-48 hours (in my personal experience) be patient, as stated above she will have the chance to get funds after 90 days. It may also be better for her to deal with this alone, so far you have posted for your friend from your 1 day old account? and a boyfriend’s 1 day old account ? I’m sure I won’t be the only one finding this a bit odd- as I’m sure you can see from some of the other comments above… in any case goodluck to you guys! Wish you the best!

also the google review gig was published year 2014-2015. How can they actually close her account now suddenly?

Well now we see,

**************.com

wait,it may happen more people,so warning!!

Erica here,I had to borrow my bf’s account because Fiverrs stupid feature

So you are here helping your friend, and you have your new account and this boyfriend’s new account.

Would need a phone number,because this is serious

How can we reach them when mail support wont work?

They don’t want to talk to you about your friend’s account. She needs to be the one to contact them.

Why?

Is this a serious company really?

It’s a serious company that doesn’t want to communicate with your friend.

You dont need to comment our posts. Please. We are already so sad

also the google review gig was published year 2014-2015. How can they actually close her account now suddenly?

Well now we see,

**************.com

wait,it may happen more people,so warning!!

Well aware but in my experience it has been the exact opposite, barely a single issue with 1+ year and 100+ jobs later ive always been more than happy with the platform and customer service i’ve received.

Goodluck with your case though, I don’t think much more can be said on the subject. 🙂

It seems like you ( or your friend) has contacted CS multiple times at this point.

They have already heard your complaints/pleas, so sending more messages to them is not going to help. Whether you feel it is unfair or not, and no matter how old the gig might be, your friend had violated the TOS and her account was suspended, it’s as easy as that.

Your friend can cry as much as she wants, but like I said in my previous comment, once that’s over just move on and restart from scratch. 90 days is a long time to wait but your friend will get her money, and while she is waiting for that she can start something new.

Guest shrutibatra

Tell her not to cry and try different freelancing sites which are better than fiverr and really care about their sellers.
Fiverr is a good marketplace but not the best and I don’t think someone should cry for a site like fiverr.

This would be a friend? Perhaps one who gets paid into another Fiverr sellers Payoneer account? - Or has a sister or brother or maid or clever sheepdog which accidentally tripped on a USB cable and opened a Fiverr account from the same physical IP?

Just asking…

Nobody forced your friend to join Fiverr, you and her cannot blame Fiverr for that or for anything. She agreed to the terms and restrictions upon joining, and she broke them, so that’s end of the line.

Posting the same thing over and over will likely get you a forum flag / suspension, too. Honestly, if I had a friend, I wouldn’t put my own account at risk for him/her, for I’ve got a life and family of my own to take care.

P.S. many of us have health issues, and many of our family members have health issues, but that isn’t a motive to restore the account of someone, and isn’t professional of you to talk about either. There are plenty of things one can do in life to earn a living, surely Fiverr can’t be the one and only 🙂

Archived