They closed her account! lost everything (Answered )

ericalarsson

Sometimes they just deny the gig that violates the rules, and then the seller creates the same thing again.

Amazon sued 1,000+ Fiverr sellers because of fake reviews, it was in the news, and there was a lot of talk about it. I guess that Fiverr staff gets tired of users who can’t bother to learn the rules.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am feeling sympathetic about your friend and I can believe this that she did not knew about all this. I HOPE she get better luck in future.
BUT fiverr is not just a platform for sellers it also have to give protections to buyers. When buyer comes to fiverr its fiverr’s duty to assure the quality product for buyers so they have to take steps to mantain the quality of buying and selling on the site. Its important for the sustainability of fiverr.

While I still have SOME sympathy for the situation, I find it difficult to believe that someone who relied on Fiverr for their full-time income never heard or read anything about reviews not being allowed any more. It has been EVERYWHERE.

It has been EVERYWHERE.

Yes, it also was on Dutch television.

misscrystal: We do not need “jokes” or messages like “she deserved it”,as it’s very serious case…she are in very bad condition and this was just a nightmare happening for her.
Nobody can know how hard this is for her

Thank you all for your replies
If she record a movie of herself holding her passport and explainen her mistake by the gig,can the account be activated again?

misscrystal: We do not need “jokes” or messages like “she deserved it”,as it’s very serious case…she are in very bad condition and this was just a nightmare happening for her.

If she record a movie of herself holding her passport and explainen her mistake by the gig,can the account be activated again?

No, it’s unlikely the account will be reinstated.

Why?

Is this a serious company really?

Noone on the forum can help you. You will have to discuss this with customer support.

As previously said…it’s unlikely the account will be reinstated again but feel free to reach out to CS to discuss the issue.

Fiverr TOS are pretty clear on offering fake reviews … about site integrity i suppose. Reviews arent meant to be bought and sold to trick consumers into purchase 😦

In the past, if you had a review gig, Fiverr might delete it, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting his account suspended over a “bad” gig.

Fiverr TOS are pretty clear on offering fake reviews … about site integrity i suppose. Reviews arent meant to be bought and sold to trick consumers into purchase 😦

Fiverr TOS are pretty clear on offering fake reviews …

They really aren’t clear on this and I’m really tired of people saying this on the forum. The word “review” appears in the ToS 31 times, all references to either Fiverr reviews or used as a verb to describe actions taken by Fiverr staff.

The line that forbids these types of gigs reads: “Gigs may be removed by Fiverr for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations…violation of a third party’s terms of service.”

It’s barely clear what that means in English, now try figuring out what, exactly, that means when you aren’t proficient in English.

That may have been before Fiverr got sued by Amazon.

Most likely, but did they get sued by google, Yelp, etc? Because it seems to me all review gigs are banned, except maybe for honest reviews where you let the writer know what you think about his or her book instead of publishing that review somewhere. Then again, who’s going to read 300 pages for $5?

We do not need “jokes” or messages like “she deserved it”,as it’s very serious case…she are in very bad condition and this was just a nightmare happening for her.

What was she writing reviews for? Where was she posting them? Maybe others can be informed by this.

Nobody on the forum nor you can help. It’s between her and Fiverr.
Apart from the fact that it wouldn’t matter, none of us can pick sides by the mere fact that we only hear just one side of the whole story. Everybody who gets pulled over by the cops for speeding regrets it and wishes he/she hadn’t done it and had saved the money for the ticket. Nobody ever came away with it by saying ‘But all the others drive to fast as well’.
Let her and Fiverr deal with it.
By repeating over and over again that she is crying almost asks for @misscrystal 's comment of handing her a box of tissues. This really is all you or anybody else here can do right now.

Nobody on the forum nor you can help. It’s between her and Fiverr.

Apart from the fact that it wouldn’t matter, none of us can pick sides by the mere fact that we only hear just one side of the whole story. Everybody who gets pulled over by the cops for speeding regrets it and wishes he/she hadn’t done it and had saved the money for the ticket. Nobody ever came away with it by saying ‘But all the others drive to fast as well’.

Let her and Fiverr deal with it.

By repeating over and over again that she is crying almost asks for @misscrystal 's comment of handing her a box of tissues. This really is all you or anybody else here can do right now.

repeating over and over again that she is crying

Maybe fiverr will feel sorry for her and give her account back. 🙂

This a cruel world and competitive as well. I have all the sympathies for your friend because of the given circumstances you are describing apart from the violation she had made. I will not comment about the honesty and other things because she has been already pinned for that. Her account was probably closed by trust and safety department on either someone complained about her gig or they found it. Usually they dont bother to see the past things and they usually put restrictions. I will recommend you that ask your friend to write a detailed email to support telling them facts with timeline. Read tors carefully and find if she get any leverage in that. If tors permit any relaxation in the matter she might get her account back. But again carefully read tor’s and provide all the details.

People don’t understand that it’s a ruthless world. Feelings, emotions don’t count for much. Quite often, things go against you and you think it’s unfair. But you can’t keep crying or getting depressed about it. You just have to pick up the pieces and move on, see what you can do next. It’s not just about Fiverr, it’s about life in general.

People don’t understand that it’s a ruthless world. Feelings, emotions don’t count for much. Quite often, things go against you and you think it’s unfair. But you can’t keep crying or getting depressed about it. You just have to pick up the pieces and move on, see what you can do next. It’s not just about Fiverr, it’s about life in general.

Well side. Its time for her to accept and move forward

repeating over and over again that she is crying

Maybe fiverr will feel sorry for her and give her account back. 🙂

I have personally found fiverr CSR’s not up to mark. They are usually in hurry and responds with scripts. Many times i had to write in beginning “Please read carefully”.

In the past, if you had a review gig, Fiverr might delete it, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting his account suspended over a “bad” gig.

There were issues with Amazon and Google, it was a huge ordeal and they made everyone on fiverr very well aware of the new TOS. By selling fake reviews you are literally scamming people into buying a product or service. Not sure why everyone is so upset at this ?

Archived