Going Pro: Best Practices for Becoming a Fiverr Pro Seller (Blog Post)

paulmaplesden

I do think it is important to separate the idea of someone who is excellent at what they do from their suitability for being a Pro.

Obviously I don’t know the criteria as such but from what I know and see, I believe Pro to be a completely different concept to the traditional Fiverr Gig. I think this might be better done with an example.

When I choose where to eat, generally speaking, the food is what is important and I tend not to worry too much about the service. That is the equivalent of a good Fiverr Seller.

My parents however, would actually choose a place with better service AHEAD of the food quality. That is generally a reseller who subs out the work they do but provides excellent communication and added value in various ways.

If we can find somewhere that offers both the best food and the best service then we would both happily pay more for that. That place is a Pro. I believe a Pro needs to have demonstrable evidence that they can do this - be both the product creator and the sales/customer service team.

(not an exact analogy but just take it at face value).

The reality is that nobody deliberately sells far below their worth - they will charge the maximum they believe they can get for it (unless their job is actually just a hobby). That is why Pros need to show higher value orders - having sold at higher prices is proof of the quality of their work, Fiverr is not really equipped to judge or assess the quality of every seller but if you have sold to respectable businesses at premium rates then that at least says something.

No matter how good your Graphics guy is, he will never be a Pro at those prices because it is impossible for Fiverr to tell whether his work is excellent or is “excellent for $10”. However, if his work is of exceptional standard, a savvy person who can sell and manage clients could become a Pro using his work and providing the rest of the “Pro experience” themselves.

No matter how good your Graphics guy is, he will never be a Pro at those prices because it is impossible for Fiverr to tell whether his work is excellent or is “excellent for $10”.

Obviously with over 13,000 reviews only 5 of which are negative he is a Pro. I’ve dealt with him a lot and he most definitely cannot possibly improve as it is perfection. He stays online and makes changes to graphics endlessly in real time as he delivers them to me and waits for my reactions and makes changes over and over until I am completely happy.

Yes he can be a pro at those prices. It is simply that he is in Sri Lanka with a different economy from western countries. His work and service are inferior to none.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe a Pro needs to have demonstrable evidence that they can do this - be both the product creator and the sales/customer service team.

Speaking for myself, that’s certainly true.

I spend a lot of time before getting an order speaking with potential buyers, understanding their needs. getting to the bottom of what they want, and ensuring I have the skills and experience to deliver the quality they need. In fact, I turn down around a third of all work I am asked to do, because there are other writers who are better placed, and I am happy to refer them on.

Another part of that is giving buyers confidence outside of the Fiverr review process. I generally include links to several samples in my earlier messages to again demonstrate I can do what they are asking. It’s all about building up confidence and trust with the buyer.

That’s why I make the point in the blog article that being a Pro is as much about what you do around the work and with the client as it is about the deliverable. That’s not to say existing Fiverr sellers aren’t great at that stuff, I just think it might be a little harder to demonstrate.

I am happy to refer them on

Don’t ask me to explain, but for some reason (the 2 times this has happened to me on/off 5r) I felt completely insulted. I prefer the direct approach where someone tells me no vice referring me.

I prefer to find someone on my own or reference from peopke I know – friends, family.

I am happy to refer them on

Don’t ask me to explain, but for some reason (the 2 times this has happened to me on/off 5r) I felt completely insulted. I prefer the direct approach where someone tells me no vice referring me.

I prefer to find someone on my own or reference from peopke I know – friends, family.

I do tell them no, then I suggest someone else - the aim is to make it easier for the buyer. Obviously, they can contact the other seller or not, based on their profile, gigs, and service. I just don’t want to leave the buyer in the dark.

I do tell them no, then I suggest someone else - the aim is to make it easier for the buyer. Obviously, they can contact the other seller or not, based on their profile, gigs, and service. I just don’t want to leave the buyer in the dark.

Usually, I do this also, but to people that are requiring large discounts.

This is my first post on the whole “Pro” thing.

All I can say, besides the highly intelligent and great opinions expressed on the Subject in this and previous threads of this kind, is:

Fiverr is not the first Company to try re - branding itself from the very foundational core and become something else entirely than what the initial start - up idea was.

However, in a way, I believe that Fiverr is the very first Company to spit in the face of hundreds of thousands of hard working, diligent, loyal Sellers and committed Buyers that presented the very force which turned it from the “mom’s basement” start - up to what it is right now.

Let me explain.

Fiverr had one of the strictest (to put it mildly, some would say totalitarian) policies dedicated to keeping the Sellers, their loyalty and their work ON FIVERR - exactly where the 20% fees are, and not one step away.

Sharing your personal information would get you banned. Giving a Customer any form of contact outside Fiverr before prior consultation with CS would get you banned. The very written word “pay” or “email” with correspondence with the Buyer would get you a red alert reminding you that “asking for outside payments” and “communicating outside of Fiverr” is “forbidden” - to make you cover in fear at the only thought of doing anything outside of Fiverr.

Delivering your files with file bases such as DropBox would get you banned. Writing an article about one of Fiverr’s Clones (at Buyer’s demand!) would be rated as “promotion of illegal competition” and would - you guessed it, get you banned.

Linking to your portfolio outside of Fiverr would get you banned. Just writing the word “Freelancer” in the initial phases after the Forum development would be Censored.

I kid you not - when you type “freelancer” you’d see “*********”. It underwent the same censorship as for the most vulgar cuss words.

And the Sellers? The Sellers obliged. They’ve made Fiverr their home. They’ve focused on growing their FIVERR business.

They’ve built reviews. They’ve referred their colleagues, friends and Social Media contacts to purchase their Services on Fiverr.

They’ve built a name for themselves and for FIVERR, provided the much needed financial support to Fiverr through their services (which Fiverr took 20% off of) and made sure Fiverr turns into what it is now.

And at one point, the Fiverr decided it would be a good decision to spit in their face and loudly proclaim: "Thank you, but you see - we ourselves, the Leadership of Fiverr, believe Fiverr is a low class, cheap website with bad reputation.

Thank you for making it one of the best of its kind in the world, but you see - we believe it’s a flea market. And top rated sellers at the flea market are only that - top rated flea sellers.

What we need to do to make it good is import established sellers from other, non - flea medias, platforms and fields and persuade them to join us and make Fiverr something more than a low class flea market by offering them more benefits than you, our Senior sellers, who have toiled away for years on Fiverr making it what it is now.

Most importantly: FIVERR business and Fiverr experience means NOTHING - it’s low value, as being good on a flea market is like not being good at all. That’s why we’ll put more value on the experience made on OUTSIDE SOURCES & PORTFOLIOS (the very ones whose mention, communication and attempt to build business on we were furiously banning, restricting, censoring and forbidding) so they can make Fiverr great at last.

You flea Sellers? You’re not worth it."

In a translation from their actions and policies - this is EXACTLY what they’ve said to their long - term FIVERR sellers.

That would be like a Law or Tech firm demoting EVERY employee who worked at it since the beginning (instead of rewarding their loyalty, experience and commitment) and improting new “PRO” lawyers and software engineers from other Firms to finally make their Companies “great” and “what they want them to be.”

I’ve been following the development of hundreds of businesses in the decades before (my personal Hobby) and I must say I’ve seen NONE successful spit in the face of their most loyal base in the way Fiverr did.

I believe that Fiverr’s attempt to thoroughly re - model itself utilizing THIS strategy and methodology will end disastrously. We have yet to see it. But mark my words: the Fiverr’s fail will be disastrous.

To much of my disappointment and sadness, because Fiverr once was a great Company.

Let’s all wait and see whether I’m right.

All I can say, besides the highly intelligent and great opinions expressed on the Subject in this and previous threads of this kind, is:

Fiverr is not the first Company to try re - branding itself from the very foundational core and become something else entirely than what the initial start - up idea was.

However, in a way, I believe that Fiverr is the very first Company to spit in the face of hundreds of thousands of hard working, diligent, loyal Sellers and committed Buyers that presented the very force which turned it from the “mom’s basement” start - up to what it is right now.

Let me explain.

Fiverr had one of the strictest (to put it mildly, some would say totalitarian) policies dedicated to keeping the Sellers, their loyalty and their work ON FIVERR - exactly where the 20% fees are, and not one step away.

Sharing your personal information would get you banned. Giving a Customer any form of contact outside Fiverr before prior consultation with CS would get you banned. The very written word “pay” or “email” with correspondence with the Buyer would get you a red alert reminding you that “asking for outside payments” and “communicating outside of Fiverr” is “forbidden” - to make you cover in fear at the only thought of doing anything outside of Fiverr.

Delivering your files with file bases such as DropBox would get you banned. Writing an article about one of Fiverr’s Clones (at Buyer’s demand!) would be rated as “promotion of illegal competition” and would - you guessed it, get you banned.

Linking to your portfolio outside of Fiverr would get you banned. Just writing the word “Freelancer” in the initial phases after the Forum development would be Censored.

I kid you not - when you type “freelancer” you’d see “*********”. It underwent the same censorship as for the most vulgar cuss words.

And the Sellers? The Sellers obliged. They’ve made Fiverr their home. They’ve focused on growing their FIVERR business.

They’ve built reviews. They’ve referred their colleagues, friends and Social Media contacts to purchase their Services on Fiverr.

They’ve built a name for themselves and for FIVERR, provided the much needed financial support to Fiverr through their services (which Fiverr took 20% off of) and made sure Fiverr turns into what it is now.

And at one point, the Fiverr decided it would be a good decision to spit in their face and loudly proclaim: "Thank you, but you see - we ourselves, the Leadership of Fiverr, believe Fiverr is a low class, cheap website with bad reputation.

Thank you for making it one of the best of its kind in the world, but you see - we believe it’s a flea market. And top rated sellers at the flea market are only that - top rated flea sellers.

What we need to do to make it good is import established sellers from other, non - flea medias, platforms and fields and persuade them to join us and make Fiverr something more than a low class flea market by offering them more benefits than you, our Senior sellers, who have toiled away for years on Fiverr making it what it is now.

Most importantly: FIVERR business and Fiverr experience means NOTHING - it’s low value, as being good on a flea market is like not being good at all. That’s why we’ll put more value on the experience made on OUTSIDE SOURCES & PORTFOLIOS (the very ones whose mention, communication and attempt to build business on we were furiously banning, restricting, censoring and forbidding) so they can make Fiverr great at last.

In a translation from their actions and policies - this is EXACTLY what they’ve said to their long - term FIVERR sellers.

That would be like a Law or Tech firm demoting EVERY employee who worked at it since the beginning (instead of rewarding their loyalty, experience and commitment) and improting new “PRO” lawyers and software engineers from other Firms to finally make their Companies “great” and “what they want them to be.”

I’ve been following the development of hundreds of businesses in the decades before (my personal Hobby) and I must say I’ve seen NONE successful spit in the face of their most loyal base in the way Fiverr did.

I believe that Fiverr’s attempt to thoroughly re - model itself utilizing THIS strategy and methodology will end disastrously. We have yet to see it. But mark my words: the Fiverr’s fail will be disastrous.

To much of my disappointment and sadness, because Fiverr once was a great Company.

• It is not remodelling itself, it is offering PRO as an additional service.
  • PRO is a success, for PRO sellers and Fiverr as a whole.
  • Existing Fiverr users are completely able to apply for Pro, including you, using the same criteria us outsiders did.
  • All businesses change, we adapt, or we fail - that goes for Fiverr and its sellers.
  • The existing low-cost market is not going away. Thousands of sellers do very well there.
  • Using your law / tech firm example, no it is not like that. It’s like buying in some extra resources to serve a different client base. PRO is not cannibalizing the existing market.
  • What exactly has stopped Fiverr being a great company? All they are doing is going after a different market segment.

Lower priced sellers are still selling just as much as ever so I’m not outraged about fiverr bringing in outsiders and calling them Pros and advertising them as the elite.

I just hope they will allow some of their own amazing long term sellers to become Pros also who don’t have an online presence aside from fiverr.

It is not remodelling itself, it is offering PRO as an additional service.

PRO is a success, for PRO sellers and Fiverr as a whole.

Existing Fiverr users are completely able to apply for Pro, including you, using the same criteria us outsiders did.

All businesses change, we adapt, or we fail - that goes for Fiverr and its sellers.

The existing low-cost market is not going away. Thousands of sellers do very well there.

Using your law / tech firm example, no it is not like that. It’s like buying in some extra resources to serve a different client base. PRO is not cannibalizing the existing market.

What exactly has stopped Fiverr being a great company? All they are doing is going after a different market segment.

A change of the foundational core is a remodel, not an addition.

With hundreds of PRO sellers struggling to get a single order, PRO is far from being labeled as “success”.

“You Need An Existing Professional Freelance Presence, Preferably Outside Fiverr.” ALL US citizens are able to apply for Presidency, including you, using the same criteria as previous Presidents did. What does this have to do with the validity of the criteria imposed? That’s correct - nothing.

Everything changes consistently, all the way to the atomic level. What does this painfully obvious fact has to do with the discussion? The question my post related to was whether the “adaptation” will cause the “businesses” to make one step closer to fail - not its users. You’re far off the mark.

PRO Gigs are listed in the same categories and listings as “standard” Gigs - with preferential treatment, and Fiverr’s “hand-picked” endorsement. Endorsement based on the Criteria I’ve talked about - criteria presenting the essence of the issue. It is exactly like my example - PRO IS sucking in the Client’s from the existing market (market built by Senior Fiverr Sellers) - it doesn’t have a separate listing of its own. If by “different client base” you’re implying that the Standard Fiverr Sellers weren’t able to serve that Client base / ask for the same rates - you’re even further off the mark then at your previous point.

Fiverr.

A change of the foundational core is a remodel, not an addition.

With hundreds of PRO sellers struggling to get a single order, PRO is far from being labeled as “success”.

“You Need An Existing Professional Freelance Presence, Preferably Outside Fiverr.” ALL US citizens are able to apply for Presidency, including you, using the same criteria as previous Presidents did. What does this have to do with the validity of the criteria imposed? That’s correct - nothing.

Everything changes consistently, all the way to the atomic level. What does this painfully obvious fact has to do with the discussion? The question my post related to was whether the “adaptation” will cause the “businesses” to make one step closer to fail - not its users. You’re far off the mark.

PRO Gigs are listed in the same categories and listings as “standard” Gigs - with preferential treatment, and Fiverr’s “hand-picked” endorsement. Endorsement based on the Criteria I’ve talked about - criteria presenting the essence of the issue. It is exactly like my example - PRO IS sucking in the Client’s from the existing market (market built by Senior Fiverr Sellers) - it doesn’t have a separate listing of its own. If by “different client base” you’re implying that the Standard Fiverr Sellers weren’t able to serve that Client base / ask for the same rates - you’re even further off the mark then at your previous point.

Fiverr.

It’s not a change of the core, the core remains the same.

Many pros do have orders, lots of them. I just completed my 72nd.

I suspect there’s a small magnitude of difference between getting accepted to Fiverr PRO and becoming president.

“Preferably” and “Exclusively” are not the same thing.

It means we have to accept change and adapt to it, including Fiverr’s business model.

PRO appeals to a completely different customer base and segment, as I stated before.

If existing sellers can serve that base and demand those rates, they can apply for PRO, it’s as simple as that.

• It’s not a change of the core, the core remains the same.
  • Many pros do have orders, lots of them. I just completed my 72nd.
  • I suspect there’s a small magnitude of difference between getting accepted to Fiverr PRO and becoming president.
  • “Preferably” and “Exclusively” are not the same thing.
  • It means we have to accept change and adapt to it, including Fiverr’s business model.
  • PRO appeals to a completely different customer base and segment, as I stated before.
  • If existing sellers can serve that base and demand those rates, they can apply for PRO, it’s as simple as that.

If existing sellers can serve that base and demand those rates, they can apply for PRO, it’s as simple as that.

Even if they have no other online presence than fiverr.

• It’s not a change of the core, the core remains the same.
  • Many pros do have orders, lots of them. I just completed my 72nd.
  • I suspect there’s a small magnitude of difference between getting accepted to Fiverr PRO and becoming president.
  • “Preferably” and “Exclusively” are not the same thing.
  • It means we have to accept change and adapt to it, including Fiverr’s business model.
  • PRO appeals to a completely different customer base and segment, as I stated before.
  • If existing sellers can serve that base and demand those rates, they can apply for PRO, it’s as simple as that.
  • The core is changed.
  • “179 out of 200 rivers across the country are dry.” “Many Country’s rivers aren’t dry, they have lots of water. My local one overflows with it.” Are you joking?
  • Allegory and hyperbole. Tricky and interesting little things. I suggest Googling them. They might come in handy at one point.
  • “Exclusively” is irrelevant when “preferably” is bad enough to prove the point.
  • Your perceived difficulty to understand things on a macro - level is creating a strange mix of awe and astonishment. The question isn’t whether there’s a need for “accepting” and “adapting” to the change, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, it’s inevitable and painfully obvious - the question is whether the utilized strategy for enforcement of the change is useful for the Business long term, on a grand scale. What does this have to do with subjective adaptation to a macro - level change?
  • The question isn’t whether they can apply for PRO, but whether the Criteria imposed for “PRO” application rewards loyalty, efforts and experience of Fiverr’s Base - base that made Fiverr - Fiverr - or imposes the Criteria which embodies the exact characteristics Fiverr was fiercely opposing in the years before. Hence, the questionable validity and beneficialness of those Criterias.

Your Logic and reasoning seem flawed to the point of me not being able to determine whether you’re intentionally, as modernly called, “trolling”, or you’re truly unable to grasp the essence of the points.

If it is the initial - you’re doing a great job. If it is the latter - there’s no shame in asking for clarification, I’ll be happy to do it.

• The core is changed.
  • “179 out of 200 rivers across the country are dry.” “Many Country’s rivers aren’t dry, they have lots of water. My local one overflows with it.” Are you joking?
  • Allegory and hyperbole. Tricky and interesting little things. I suggest Googling them. They might come in handy at one point.
  • “Exclusively” is irrelevant when “preferably” is bad enough to prove the point.
  • Your perceived difficulty to understand things on a macro - level is creating a strange mix of awe and astonishment. The question isn’t whether there’s a need for “accepting” and “adapting” to the change, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, it’s inevitable and painfully obvious - the question is whether the utilized strategy for enforcement of the change is useful for the Business long term, on a grand scale. What does this have to do with subjective adaptation to a macro - level change?
  • The question isn’t whether they can apply for PRO, but whether the Criteria imposed for “PRO” application rewards loyalty, efforts and experience of Fiverr’s Base - base that made Fiverr - Fiverr - or imposes the Criteria which embodies the exact characteristics Fiverr was fiercely opposing in the years before. Hence, the questionable validity and beneficialness of those Criterias.

Your Logic and reasoning seem flawed to the point of me not being able to determine whether you’re intentionally, as modernly called, “trolling”, or you’re truly unable to grasp the essence of the points.

If it is the initial - you’re doing a great job. If it is the latter - there’s no shame in asking for clarification, I’ll be happy to do it.

Your perceived difficulty to understand things on a macro - level is creating a strange mix of awe and astonishment.

I have no difficulty with understanding this on any level - after all, I wrote the original post at the top of this article. Also, your sarcasm at the end of your post is not appreciated - there’s no need for insults here.

To summarize, Fiverr is not fundamentally changing, it is simply adding on a new service. Existing sellers (including you) are able to apply for it. I understand allegory and hyperbole - they are useful in certain situations. Equal and opposite reactions are true in the laws of physics, not life in general. You seem to see great unfairness in PRO, is that because you would like to become one, or because you want to be more successful as a regular seller?

Hello emmaki! Wonderful that you stopped by! You are one example of someone who has been on fiverr for years and was an obvious choice for Pro. I know you do have an online presence aside from fiverr though.

I can see you’re hard work in your high quality looking gigs and graphics and your prices are well deserved.

How an objective analysis of a multi - million dollar Business’s attempt to re - model itself from the initial start - up idea and the potential consequences it would bring to it could be perceived on a personal level is beyond me. Please don’t mistaken objective truth and the statement of fact for “insults” or “sarcasm”. We’re not children here, are we?

To summarize, Fiverr is attempting a fundamental re - model, I beg you to try hard and understand the difference between the question of eligibility for application and the justness and quality of the criteria imposed for the qualifications (they are completely different topics!), I’m glad to hear you’ve heard about allegory, but I’m surprised to see you believe “life in general” is not governed by the laws of physics, to the very foundational level. I guess laws of physics are a fictional rule - book made for Dungeons & Dragons? You not seeing and perceiving the Laws at action doesn’t mean they aren’t enforced. Unfortunately, as shown from your posts, you’ll probably find it very hard to understand it, however - I’m capable of separating the objective analysis of certain reality from my subjective experience and emotions attached to it, while forming an opinion from logical perspective and the established norms. From that perspective, Fiverr made a bad choice in strategy of approach (not necessarily the desire to remodel), for reasons stated above.

You seem to see great unfairness in a macro - level objective analysis of PRO, even though on the grand scale you, or any specific individual separately, hold no importance in it. Is that because you’re insecure in yourself as a professional or because you generally tend to subjectivize and personalize discussions you can’t seem to grasp and understand in an attempt participate in them?

There is no point trying to argue what is black and what is white. Your first reply on this thread summarized exactly how most every day buyers and sellers feel about Pro. Basically, the whole concept and rollout is like taking a ten-point guide to rebranding a business, putting that guide in a food blender, adding some jam, and then baking a banoffee pie before throwing that pie at a random old lady.

In short, no one really knows what the hell is happening.

Don’t argue. Just do what you do when you see a crazy person putting a fist in their mouth. Spare them a little of your dignity by looking the other way and pretending that you didn’t see anything. If you don’t, everybody is just going to start feeling uncomfortably embarrassed.

Let me explain.

To be honest, that was a glorious rant.

I don’t get why there is so much exaggeration and “shock-horror” about Pro. It has been 3ish months - has it had a dramatic effect on people? If so, nobody has actually said so that I can remember. All of the arguments and discussion has been based around the “concept” of Pro and the perception of what will happen, rather than any real evidence.

When Pro was announced, my suggestion was that people assess how they can make the most of it and utilize the possibility of doubling your prices and still not being the gig that looks expensive. That’s what I did, along with restructuring some gigs to aim specifically at the type of businesses that Pro is really aiming at.

I have been keeping track and have found that my Average Selling Price has DOUBLED since Pro was announced and I have had more orders and more repeat clients. So without being Pro, I used it - had my best month ever last month and just 2 weeks into this month, between completed orders and those in Queue and due to be finished by Sept 30, I will beat that comfortably. I currently give a 24-36 hour lead time for QUOTES.

So Pro - that has been great for me.

I don’t get why there is so much exaggeration and “shock-horror” about Pro. It has been 3ish months - has it had a dramatic effect on people? If so, nobody has actually said so that I can remember. All of the arguments and discussion has been based around the “concept” of Pro and the perception of what will happen, rather than any real evidence.

When Pro was announced, my suggestion was that people assess how they can make the most of it and utilize the possibility of doubling your prices and still not being the gig that looks expensive. That’s what I did, along with restructuring some gigs to aim specifically at the type of businesses that Pro is really aiming at.

I have been keeping track and have found that my Average Selling Price has DOUBLED since Pro was announced and I have had more orders and more repeat clients. So without being Pro, I used it - had my best month ever last month and just 2 weeks into this month, between completed orders and those in Queue and due to be finished by Sept 30, I will beat that comfortably. I currently give a 24-36 hour lead time for QUOTES.

So Pro - that has been great for me.

Yeah, I don’t know if I’m making as much money as you, but I’m making more than before, had my best ever 30-day period. But really, I don’t get too affected by what happens or does not happen on Fiverr. I get 1000x more affected by what happens in Indian politics…heck even a defeat in a local or state election can affect me, but on Fiverr, apart from a PayPal chargeback, nothing affects me. [Also, I just don’t care how much other people make…LOL…I think most human behaviour is dominated by 2 things - a sense of permanent dissatisfaction and envy. That’s why we have this Pro vs Non-Pro and before that TRS vs non-TRS. I don’t have that, and am able to watch what happens on Fiverr in a detached manner.]

There is no point trying to argue what is black and what is white. Your first reply on this thread summarized exactly how most every day buyers and sellers feel about Pro. Basically, the whole concept and rollout is like taking a ten-point guide to rebranding a business, putting that guide in a food blender, adding some jam, and then baking a banoffee pie before throwing that pie at a random old lady.

In short, no one really knows what the hell is happening.

Don’t argue. Just do what you do when you see a crazy person putting a fist in their mouth. Spare them a little of your dignity by looking the other way and pretending that you didn’t see anything. If you don’t, everybody is just going to start feeling uncomfortably embarrassed.

Becoming conscious of the problem / lack is the first step towards its resolution. “All that is necessary for triumph of ignorance is that intelligent man do (say) nothing.”

I’m not one of those to observe passively the shortcomings of reality around me. If I see a crazy person putting a fist in their mouth, I’ll approach them, look in wonder, and loudly ask, “why are you doing that, Sir / Madam?” If that makes everyone feel uncomfortable embarrassed - good! They may pay attention to the crazy person and offer their insight / aid as well so we can together track down the root of that behavior / belief and assist in changing it or understand why it’s needed (hence having no need to be changed).

[Addressing the allegory over.]

I’m not in the business of saving people’s precious little snowflake emotions from any emotional discomfort - including “uncomfortable embarrassment”, disappointment, anger, frustration or bitterness at the expense of neglection of truth. Quite the opposite.

Having said that, my quest for the objective perception of the reality and its expression is usually met with a misguided perception of ad - hominem attack, frustration, outrage and verbal opposition based on personal emotions, as well as censorship and “you’re not decent!” (because you are proving us wrong with facts) allegations made by those with average intelligence who are finding it hard to perceive it.

Not to mention the frequent, complete failure to engage my points.

It is okay, I’m completely used to it and expect it.

Becoming conscious of the problem / lack is the first step towards its resolution. “All that is necessary for triumph of ignorance is that intelligent man do (say) nothing.”

I’m not one of those to observe passively the shortcomings of reality around me. If I see a crazy person putting a fist in their mouth, I’ll approach them, look in wonder, and loudly ask, “why are you doing that, Sir / Madam?” If that makes everyone feel uncomfortable embarrassed - good! They may pay attention to the crazy person and offer their insight / aid as well so we can together track down the root of that behavior / belief and assist in changing it or understand why it’s needed (hence having no need to be changed).

I’m not in the business of saving people’s precious little snowflake emotions from any emotional discomfort - including “uncomfortable embarrassment”, disappointment, anger, frustration or bitterness at the expense of neglection of truth. Quite the opposite.

Having said that, my quest for the objective perception of the reality and its expression is usually met with a misguided perception of ad - hominem attack, frustration, outrage and verbal opposition based on personal emotions, as well as censorship and “you’re not decent!” (because you are proving us wrong with facts) allegations made by those with average intelligence who are finding it hard to perceive it.

You rock Sir Richard, never change 👍 [sir Paul rocks too…I hasten to add…] [You know, this is one of those threads where I wish there was a Lady Em here…]

Being a person of average intelligence myself, I set sail to explore the high seas, hopeful of finding a New World while you intelligent and educated people were telling everyone that we were going to fall off the edge of the earth. Sometimes it pays to just get on the boat.

You rock Sir Richard, never change 👍 [sir Paul rocks too…I hasten to add…] [You know, this is one of those threads where I wish there was a Lady Em here…]

Thank you, Sir.

I wish that Lady Em was here, as well.

[Off Topic]

From what I’ve seen during her time on Forum, I believe she was the only one who enjoyed a good, objective intellectual debate that’s not limited with the dangers of modern, easily induced “outrage”, as much as me.

Even though there’s no point in saying it, I’ve never once in all my debates had any goal other than a confrontation of logically supported opinions in an effort to understand the reality before us better. I truly do enjoy a good debate as much as MMA fighters enjoy their fights.

Lady Em did too, from what I’ve seen - and I’m more than certain that at some point I will be banned from Forum as well for not supplicating to mediocrity cloaked under the disguise of moral high ground and “sensitivity”. I can assure you of it.

I have no idea why she was banned, as it happened very shortly after I’ve visited the forum. I hope she’ll be back as soon as possible.

Being a person of average intelligence myself, I set sail to explore the high seas, hopeful of finding a New World while you intelligent and educated people were telling everyone that we were going to fall off the edge of the earth. Sometimes it pays to just get on the boat.

Exquisite. Keep on rowing - it pays off eventually.

Thank you, Sir.

I wish that Lady Em was here, as well.

[Off Topic]

From what I’ve seen during her time on Forum, I believe she was the only one who enjoyed a good, objective intellectual debate that’s not limited with the dangers of modern, easily induced “outrage”, as much as me.

Even though there’s no point in saying it, I’ve never once in all my debates had any goal other than a confrontation of logically supported opinions in an effort to understand the reality before us better. I truly do enjoy a good debate as much as MMA fighters enjoy their fights.

Lady Em did too, from what I’ve seen - and I’m more than certain that at some point I will be banned from Forum as well for not supplicating to mediocrity cloaked under the disguise of moral high ground and “sensitivity”. I can assure you of it.

I have no idea why she was banned, as it happened very shortly after I’ve visited the forum. I hope she’ll be back as soon as possible.

Well, getting banned from the forum is probably a good thing. They might make you a Pro after that, who knows…😂 [been known to happen…]

LOL…I’ve been rowing for 4 years now. Or selling in the flea market as you would have it. Trust me, it has already paid off. Now I’m just winging it. [but seriously, I don’t mind your condescending attitude because I don’t take you seriously, but others might find it jarring.]

Archived