One gig that does well but others are just doing "okay"

jrdubina

Hey everyone,

So I have been doing Fiverr for a few months now. I have noticed that one of gigs is pretty much bringing 90% of my orders. I have tried to diversifying and created gigs in other areas, they will get plenty of views but no orders.

That just lead me to want to ask everyone else out there. Is this typical, to have one gig that does really well? Or do you have 2, 3 maybe 4 gigs that perform equally in orders?

Thanks.

Some will have one gig that does most of the work with others stagnating or doing poorly (I think that’s why Fiverr created that “best seller” thing in the seller profiles), but others will have multiple gigs that do almost equally well.

I do think, however, that there will always be one gig above all and that it’s hard next to impossible to have all gigs performing equally well - but maybe I’m wrong 🙂

P.S. I, myself, have one best seller gig, a second one that does good enough, and others that are slow and bring some extra earnings at times

It happens. When I started at Fiverr I went crazy and had 6 or 8 different gigs, all offering similar services within very specific categories, ie: music video editing, another one for promo video editing…and so on. They all had few questions, several links, many views…but one or two orders each.

So I tried creating 1 single gig, offering the same editing service, upon request. Boom! That´s it.
In the end, I rather have 1 gig with several orders and nice feedback, than 10 different gigs with 1 order each.

This is not scientifically confirmed, but it has worked for me.

It happens. When I started at Fiverr I went crazy and had 6 or 8 different gigs, all offering similar services within very specific categories, ie: music video editing, another one for promo video editing…and so on. They all had few questions, several links, many views…but one or two orders each.

So I tried creating 1 single gig, offering the same editing service, upon request. Boom! That´s it.

In the end, I rather have 1 gig with several orders and nice feedback, than 10 different gigs with 1 order each.

This is not scientifically confirmed, but it has worked for me.

That reminded me of another thing, which was also discussed on the Fiverr blog (or was it the Academy pages?): having many gigs, especially when across multiple categories, can lead to mixups in deliveries, confusion and productivity blockage 😉

I, myself, function more smoothly with 1 best selling gig than having to deal with multiple different gigs (I’m bad at multitasking, and I have mixed deliveries up in the past)

That reminded me of another thing, which was also discussed on the Fiverr blog (or was it the Academy pages?): having many gigs, especially when across multiple categories, can lead to mixups in deliveries, confusion and productivity blockage 😉

I, myself, function more smoothly with 1 best selling gig than having to deal with multiple different gigs (I’m bad at multitasking, and I have mixed deliveries up in the past)

True! It was confusing in the beginning, sometimes people wanted something but wrote from the wrong gig, or even worst - ended ordering the wrong gig. But lesson learned…part of the process I think.

True! It was confusing in the beginning, sometimes people wanted something but wrote from the wrong gig, or even worst - ended ordering the wrong gig. But lesson learned…part of the process I think.

ended ordering the wrong gig

Imagine how I felt when I delivered the wrong thing working hours on a gig that I thought the buyer ordered, and after delivery seeing that the buyer actually ordered a completely different gig 😱

Hey everyone,

So I have been doing Fiverr for a few months now. I have noticed that one of gigs is pretty much bringing 90% of my orders. I have tried to diversifying and created gigs in other areas, they will get plenty of views but no orders.

That just lead me to want to ask everyone else out there. Is this typical, to have one gig that does really well? Or do you have 2, 3 maybe 4 gigs that perform equally in orders?

Thanks.

Is this typical, to have one gig that does really well?

From what I see it’s normal. In my case I have my primary voice over gig, and a “Dual Voice” gig where people can order when they need both a female and male voice in one script.

The thing is 80% of the orders for that “Dual Voice” gig get ordered on my main “single voice” gig. From a numbers POV, my single voice gig smokes, and it appears almost nobody orders from my other gig. (Almost 2,000 reviews for my primary, less than 100 for my dual voice, even though that severely under counts those orders.)

IF the first thing they order is Dual Voice, then they seem to keep ordering from that. That said, if they found me via my primary, they seem to just order there.

I tried to get a few to order the other gig when appropriate, but later decided to just deal with it no matter which they order. (If the pricing works out the same, we are good. If they would pay more, I send them the gig extra for any differences so they get the same deal from either gig.)

My theory is those other gigs might provide some visibility in searches, but at order time most people order from my best seller, even when the results they want is really my other gig.

As long as they are ordering, I’ve stopped worrying about it.

Archived