Pro Rejection Letter Looks Like

You keep forgetting quality vs quantity. Fiverr needed big ticket items. In order to get those, they needed sellers that have:

-sold high priced orders in the past

(I am talking about single orders over $1k -again my own assumption, not confirmed by Fiverr)

-a convincing high-quality portfolio

(Something that Fiverr staff saw and their eyballs changed to dollar signs)

Now I know what you’re gonna say:

"But what anout those new sellers?“

Or

"But Frank those Pro sellers have an average looking gig”

Well I don’t know how Fiverra actually vetted all sellers. Let’s say that the process was far from perfect.

But I am talking about what Fiverr needed.

Thanks for posting that.

I completely agree with you.

Fiverr looks at the volume of sales.

For instance, you can have 100 reviews but are making an average 2-300 dollars per sale whereas a seller with 2000 reviews would make $5 per sale, the seller with 100 reviews is more “profitable.”

Thanks for posting that.

I completely agree with you.

Fiverr looks at the volume of sales.

For instance, you can have 100 reviews but are making an average 2-300 dollars per sale whereas a seller with 2000 reviews would make $5 per sale, the seller with 100 reviews is more “profitable.”

Yeah I think because we are not posting our average sale stat -which I for one wouldn’t want to post here- we are losing a key metric in this whole discussion.

But if we were at liberty to disclose that info, a lot of people on this thread would start seeing this a lot differently.

I may not have filled out the form to perfection. There were no options to give them more detail in a paragraph form. I may not have provided the right links. I write reguraly for the Fiverr acadamery and blog. I have three online courses I develop and teach for the top company in my industry. I write for their blog too.I have written curriculum and for other national publications for my field as a Teacher I have over 900 positive reviews and am involved in the Fiverr DC community as a co founder.

Most of my work here on Fiverr has been small companies, so I can not point to their work as major examples, although I understand why it matters. I can not boast a major social media presence aside from 2500 connections on my professional LinkedIn profile.

I guess being a specific pro in my field and my contributions to Fiverr are not enough or I did not represent them well enough. I am just miffed to get an automated response with no further opportunity to communicate.

I know this is new, and what form it will take is not yet known. I am hopeful I can reapply later. Right now, I am a little upset.

Charles, I don’t know specifics about Pro criteria, but I did notice that there are a lot of people with a lot of Fiverr-specific “street cred” that also weren’t chosen. There are highly rated sellers with good earnings and a variety of Fiverr contributions whether it was on the blog, the podcast, Fiverr events as speakers, etc. and I didn’t see a Pro badge on some of the profiles that I am familiar with. I would try not to take this too hard. Some of this might just be about pulling attention to the brand overall. I’m happy for people that were courted or applied and got accepted if it helps them, but it just looks like to me Fiverr picked a really limited group to do a trial run. 🙂

LOL - some can say “i’m negative” But Real facts are : Anyone can buy followers and increase their followership on social media - 😉

PRO should be like “pro” not like current - New sellers with totally student type portfolio in their gig 🙂

Anyone can buy followers and increase their followership on social media

Just a following on social media clearly isn’t a reason they chose some of those with badges. There are profiles on Fiverr that have huge social media followings and rely on those followings to advertise gigs in digital marketing and other categories. Lots of those don’t have Pro badges either. A bunch of paid or genuine followers without other provable factors would not be eye-catching in the press. One thing Fiverr has done with Pro has been to emphasize it in the media.

People who are known social media influencers were probably among those considered or even invited to be new Pros - if they were also talented in the categories they started out with. Paid followers look good on the screen, but they don’t turn people into highly influential entrepreneurs just like that.

I don’t know how me trying to give what little insight I have is fighting your right to an opinion.

I think it’s best I stop responding on the Pro threads, because it is becoming clear to me that your questions and remarks are loaded somewhat.

Dude I rather enjoy the posts you make, relax it’s nothing serious.

Charles, I don’t know specifics about Pro criteria, but I did notice that there are a lot of people with a lot of Fiverr-specific “street cred” that also weren’t chosen. There are highly rated sellers with good earnings and a variety of Fiverr contributions whether it was on the blog, the podcast, Fiverr events as speakers, etc. and I didn’t see a Pro badge on some of the profiles that I am familiar with. I would try not to take this too hard. Some of this might just be about pulling attention to the brand overall. I’m happy for people that were courted or applied and got accepted if it helps them, but it just looks like to me Fiverr picked a really limited group to do a trial run. 🙂

I agree with you. It would perhaps be nice to hear, we appreciate your contrinution, but…this is what we are looking for.

Just a following on social media clearly isn’t a reason they chose some of those with badges. There are profiles on Fiverr that have huge social media followings and rely on those followings to advertise gigs in digital marketing and other categories. Lots of those don’t have Pro badges either. A bunch of paid or genuine followers without other provable factors would not be eye-catching in the press. One thing Fiverr has done with Pro has been to emphasize it in the media.

People who are known social media influencers were probably among those considered or even invited to be new Pros - if they were also talented in the categories they started out with. Paid followers look good on the screen, but they don’t turn people into highly influential entrepreneurs just like that.

There are profiles on Fiverr that have huge social media followings and rely on those followings to advertise gigs in digital marketing and other categories.

And some of them complain on the forum that they’re not making any sells. 😸

Here is what a pro

Rejection letter looks like:

Thanks so much for applying. We’re in the process of reviewing applications and are currently approving only selected candidates, in a limited number of categories.

At this time, your application does not meet the current requirements, but feel free to prepare and submit again in the near future.

Here are some tips to prepare for the next time you apply:

1. Have all your education information ready (certifications, accolades, etc.)
  2. Prepare links to any professional portfolios, webinars, projects, etc.
  3. If you’re not already, start selling on Fiverr. Seeing your talent and the way you serve buyers in an enormous advantage, and will help us in getting to know you better.

Keep Doing!

Maybe it’s possible they’re going to hold onto some of these applications for future consideration…the way it’s worded it seems they’re just starting

the process of reviewing applications and are currently approving only selected candidates, in a limited number of categories.

At this time, your application does not meet the current requirements, but feel free to prepare and submit again in the near future.

Since there are only a few categories that have Pro, it’s possible they’re just testing to waters to see which categories they’d like to add to next. Not sure. 😒

I am a PRO seller (I was approached by Fiverr to join) and don’t have any business social media presence. I do have a large portfolio of work completed for clients outside the platform though. Happy to answer any questions you have.

I am a PRO seller (I was approached by Fiverr to join) and don’t have any business social media presence. I do have a large portfolio of work completed for clients outside the platform though. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Thank you for joining the discussion. It’s nice to see another pro seller here on the forum. Frank_d support has arrived. Yay! 😀

Thank you for joining the discussion. It’s nice to see another pro seller here on the forum. Frank_d support has arrived. Yay! 😀

Thank you for joining the discussion. It’s nice to see another pro seller here on the forum. Frank_d support has arrived. Yay!

I hope the people on Fiverr are as delightful as I have heard… 😉

Guest sophiesvoice

Thank you for joining the discussion. It’s nice to see another pro seller here on the forum. Frank_d support has arrived. Yay!

There are indeed some delightful people on Fiverr. Happy to have you on the forum! Buckle your seatbelt! 😜

So, how did they approach you? What clients do you have? What catagory are you in? Walk us through how you got recruited, what kind of help they gave you to get set up here, and what it is they defined that makes you Pro to help us understand what differentiates a pro from the rest?

So, how did they approach you? What clients do you have? What catagory are you in? Walk us through how you got recruited, what kind of help they gave you to get set up here, and what it is they defined that makes you Pro to help us understand what differentiates a pro from the rest?

Sure, let me tackle these one at a time.

So, how did they approach you?

I got an email out of the blue, had a s***e conversation with a Fiverr rep, was asked to apply, and was accepted. I then created my PRO gigs.

What clients do you have?

Off of Fiverr I have worked with clients like Shutterstock, SitePoint, SaneBox, Zipbooks, and a number of SaaS companies.

What catagory are you in?

Freelance writing, articles and blogs.

Walk us through how you got recruited, what kind of help they gave you to get set up here, and what it is they defined that makes you Pro to help us understand what differentiates a pro from the rest?

I had someone I could contact at Fiverr who talked me through how to setup gigs etc. (The awesome Hila, who has been brilliant!) In terms of what they defined, I am not sure. I have a very extensive online portfolio, regularly post about freelancing in various locations, and have written guides about it. I would guess some combination of that prompted the contact.

Sure, let me tackle these one at a time.

So, how did they approach you?

I got an email out of the blue, had a s***e conversation with a Fiverr rep, was asked to apply, and was accepted. I then created my PRO gigs.

What clients do you have?

Off of Fiverr I have worked with clients like Shutterstock, SitePoint, SaneBox, Zipbooks, and a number of SaaS companies.

What catagory are you in?

Freelance writing, articles and blogs.

Walk us through how you got recruited, what kind of help they gave you to get set up here, and what it is they defined that makes you Pro to help us understand what differentiates a pro from the rest?

I had someone I could contact at Fiverr who talked me through how to setup gigs etc. (The awesome Hila, who has been brilliant!) In terms of what they defined, I am not sure. I have a very extensive online portfolio, regularly post about freelancing in various locations, and have written guides about it. I would guess some combination of that prompted the contact.

##This is great to know!

So, Fiverr has a clear cut marketing strategy now and they are recruiting the best for their PRO division.

I hope they do not disengage us or remove our gigs, which are not PRO!

Wonder if buyers will come to buy an article for $500 when it is available for $5 - for almost the same quality.

##This is great to know!

So, Fiverr has a clear cut marketing strategy now and they are recruiting the best for their PRO division.

Wonder if buyers will come to buy an article for $500 when it is available for $5 - for almost the same quality.

LOLLLLL hell no. The quality the majority of content writers offer is hilarious.

##This is great to know!

Wonder if buyers will come to buy an article for $500 when it is available for $5 - for almost the same quality

They won’t - PRO gigs are targeting a very different part of the marketplace. There is no way Fiverr are going to cannibalize their existing model, they simply want to expand into a new market.

No rejection.

I feel left out 😦 Everybody is bleating about their rejection here, and I got nothing.

Maybe they are checking my references? I produced content for some large law firms for a few years, so could potentially be following up on that. Hopefully, they say nothing about my social media. I have 43 followers on Twitter and the only thing I tweet about is oatmeal oh and…uhm, potentially turning off my Fiverr gig for good.

No rejection.

I feel left out 😦 Everybody is bleating about their rejection here, and I got nothing.

Maybe they are checking my references? I produced content for some large law firms for a few years, so could potentially be following up on that. Hopefully, they say nothing about my social media. I have 43 followers on Twitter and the only thing I tweet about is oatmeal oh and…uhm, potentially turning off my Fiverr gig for good.

@ryangillam If you pass the filtering process and finally have a pro gig, I think many posters here will be happy for you, especially those who truly concern about you and have been advising you to raise your gig price. In case anyone think I don´t know that the pro gig will be a new gig, don´t worry be happy coz I know.

Best of luck! 🍀

Archived