Can i share email address with my buyer?

mr_ponu

Hello all,
One of my buyer requiring me my email address to give order requirements.Can i shire it by any way ???Please help me…

Mod Note: ToS says:

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

It’s against the terms to provide your buyer with your email address.

Best of luck.

(If he needs to send you something, he can use Google Docs, Dropbox or WeTransfer.)

But he is saying fiverr has permission to share mail address necessary regarding order.No any way to share?

But he is saying fiverr has permission to share mail address necessary regarding order.No any way to share?

Hello all,

One of my buyer requiring me my email address to give order requirements.Can i shire it by any way ???Please help me…

Like for realz? 😏

Do you have clearance with Customer Support to communicate outside of Fiverr? Why would you want to take a risk for the sake of an order?

TOS Key points:

📍 Order Page is where buyers and sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Gig.

📍 Communication for handling orders should be performed on Fiverr, through the order page. Users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.

Guest graphicfirm

you can share your email in order chat option. not inbox.

Mod Note: This is not completely true. You may only share your email if it is necessary for the order to be completed.

Mod Note: This is not completely true. You may only share your email if it is necessary for the order to be completed.

No, sharing email anywhere on the Fiverr site is against the rules! What if the buyer tries to harm the OP in some way by getting access to his email address?

@mr_ponu The buyer must give the requirements on the order page, not via email, hence no email sharing!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

you can share your email address if it is necessary regarding to complete the order

Actually, no, the buyer asks for email to send the order requirements. The requirements must be sent via Fiverr or a public link, no need to use email for that.

There are many trying to scam people via their email addresses, others trying to find the email addresses to hack them… it’s unsafe to exchange order requirements without Fiverr seeing them, and it circumvents the whole system

To @web_leader1 and @graphicfirm, avoid giving misleading advice, and please read the Terms of Service and the OP:

1. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  1. All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform.

@mr_ponu I hope this answers your original question, and please don’t share your email as it circumvents the system and puts you in an unsafe place where Fiverr doesn’t have any control and may result in unsolicited communication and possibly worse - I don’t know anything about your buyer, but there have been too many hacking attempts and scamming attempts lately so I’d stick to the safe side if I were you 😦

If the buyer keeps insisting, please contact Customer Support and ask for their advice on the matter.

To @web_leader1 and @graphicfirm, avoid giving misleading advice, and please read the Terms of Service and the OP:

1. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  1. All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform.

@mr_ponu I hope this answers your original question, and please don’t share your email as it circumvents the system and puts you in an unsafe place where Fiverr doesn’t have any control and may result in unsolicited communication and possibly worse - I don’t know anything about your buyer, but there have been too many hacking attempts and scamming attempts lately so I’d stick to the safe side if I were you 😦

If the buyer keeps insisting, please contact Customer Support and ask for their advice on the matter.

Thanks for your reply. If the buyer asks for email to send the order requirements then you can not share your email address. It is totally prohibited by Fiverr.

According to the Terms of Service:

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

As to your particular situation, if the buyer sends you the requirements by email then they could technically say that the order was not completed as there were no requirements. Aside from being against ToS, communicating outside of Fiverr is not a good idea anyway, you then have no cover from CS if there is a problem.

Finally, if you did decide to do this, then the buyer could also blackmail you indefinitely by demanding you do more work for free or they will report you to customer service for breaking the rules! What would you do then?

Guest explainicks

If any buyer asks for my mail id… I always tell them its against FIVERR rules and terms and conditions!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello all,

Mod Note: ToS says:

email address to give order requirements.

For giving order requirements, Fiverr is gives a special section only for order requirements. Why order requirements to be sent via email?

Remember that order requirement page is also a security for you. It is your evidence also of your work. So receive all order requirements only on order page for your safety.

Don’t share your personal information. It may issue warning, even get the account banned.

Buyers may share personal information like email, social media, payment gateway if only need for work. Never for communication purpose.

• 2 months later...

Archived