I know how this looks, but there is a very good reason

idostuff4u

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the feedback. Here are some more pics (because you asked. 🙂

This is what I look like when I’m exhausted.

Wow, thanks for the photos! My favorite photo is of course the one that has a dog in it. I love your dog already! 😍

NB: I would like to believe that you posted the dog photo just for me. Teehee! 😇

I would love to do gardening and plant many different vegetables. I have the space it’s just polluted with many squirrels that eat the new crop before it’s has a chance to grow.

I managed to plant tomatoes though and I’m hoping they make it until the end 😉

polluted with many squirrels

They are cute, just like raccoons are. 🙂

Wow, thanks for the photos! My favorite photo is of course the one that has a dog in it. I love your dog already! 😍

NB: I would like to believe that you posted the dog photo just for me. Teehee! 😇

I love your dog already!

Yep, she’s a Belgian Malinois, and yes, I posted that just for you… 😊

Hey @idostuff4u, you have to come back and share about this photo! I want to know what you are growing and stuff. Your planting method there reminds me of something new (to me) that I tried this year. I’m in a small place that’s a rental, so instead of making a big permanent garden, I tried this “square foot gardening” that I read about in blogs. So far some of it has worked and some of it hasn’t, but I sure have enjoyed it! I’m managed to grow a few edible things - tomatoes, peppers, green onions, squash. I’ve got herbs too - chives, basil and oregano mainly, plus a few others.

If we misunderstood your photo, I want to hear that story! Either way, you have to come back and fill in!

tomatoes, peppers, green onions, squash. I’ve got herbs too - chives, basil and oregano mainly, plus a few others.

@fonthaunt… You seem to have this gardening thing down to a science. I’m trying tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, thyme, butter lettuce, chive, celery, rosemary and some other stuff.

Trying hydroponics for the first time and another medium called ‘cocopete’… So far so good, but I’m only on week 4 so nothing is fully grown yet. 🙂

I love your dog already!

Yep, she’s a Belgian Malinois, and yes, I posted that just for you… 😊

she’s a Belgian Malinois

I thought so. What a beautiful pooch she is. 😍

yes, I posted that just for you.

LOL. Thank you so much! 😊

‘cocopete’

That´s awesome! 🙂

tomatoes, peppers, green onions, squash. I’ve got herbs too - chives, basil and oregano mainly, plus a few others.

@fonthaunt… You seem to have this gardening thing down to a science. I’m trying tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, thyme, butter lettuce, chive, celery, rosemary and some other stuff.

Trying hydroponics for the first time and another medium called ‘cocopete’… So far so good, but I’m only on week 4 so nothing is fully grown yet. 🙂

You seem to have this gardening thing down to a science

I wish I had it down to a science, but on the contrary, I just read some stuff in a book and gave it a shot. I have some experience with culinary and medicinal herbs, but that was all in a greenhouse before where it’s easy! I’m growing all those things I mentioned, but not all of them are doing great. Ha! My cucumber vines are all over the yard but there are no cucumbers. My tomatoes and peppers are doing pretty good. The herbs were doing OK until it got too hot here and now only my basil and chives are really thriving in the heat.

Hydroponics is very interesting, I should read more about it. I have never tried it. I planted all my stuff in a mix of compost and peat moss and just water with a hose, but the watering is becoming really difficult. I want to try to make some kind of irrigation even if it’s just poking holes in hoses above the plants. The medium has done OK though I think some of mine is too dense. What is cocopete? It makes me think of coconut hulls or something. My garden was started on May 1 and I planted mostly by buying the plants and just potting them. The only ones I did from seeds were some radishes and beans. I tried peas too but they died.

So, I guess I’m in my 3rd month and some of the veggies are producing, but maybe it is too hot for some of them. I love your pictures and your gardening info! It’s exciting to eat from your garden. This year I probably didn’t save any money since I spent a lot on pots and grow bags, the medium and the plants. Next year I should be able to re-use a lot of things so maybe it will start to pay for itself if we get to eat out of it.

How did you do those black round bags in your pictures? Those look neat for growing. Are they plastic? Are you using some kind of pipe to water? The cinder blocks are brilliant. Cheap and I didn’t think of putting more plants inside them.

I wish I had it down to a science, but on the contrary, I just read some stuff in a book and gave it a shot. I have some experience with culinary and medicinal herbs, but that was all in a greenhouse before where it’s easy! I’m growing all those things I mentioned, but not all of them are doing great. Ha! My cucumber vines are all over the yard but there are no cucumbers. My tomatoes and peppers are doing pretty good. The herbs were doing OK until it got too hot here and now only my basil and chives are really thriving in the heat.

Hydroponics is very interesting, I should read more about it. I have never tried it. I planted all my stuff in a mix of compost and peat moss and just water with a hose, but the watering is becoming really difficult. I want to try to make some kind of irrigation even if it’s just poking holes in hoses above the plants. The medium has done OK though I think some of mine is too dense. What is cocopete? It makes me think of coconut hulls or something. My garden was started on May 1 and I planted mostly by buying the plants and just potting them. The only ones I did from seeds were some radishes and beans. I tried peas too but they died.

So, I guess I’m in my 3rd month and some of the veggies are producing, but maybe it is too hot for some of them. I love your pictures and your gardening info! It’s exciting to eat from your garden. This year I probably didn’t save any money since I spent a lot on pots and grow bags, the medium and the plants. Next year I should be able to re-use a lot of things so maybe it will start to pay for itself if we get to eat out of it.

How did you do those black round bags in your pictures? Those look neat for growing. Are they plastic? Are you using some kind of pipe to water? The cinder blocks are brilliant. Cheap and I didn’t think of putting more plants inside them.

My cucumber vines are all over the yard but there are no cucumbers

lol 😃

1. ‘cocopete’ is kinda like what you imagine it is, but it new to me too. It comes in blocks about 12 inches wide and 5 inches tall. Add water, mix it all up till it looks like soil and add nutrients. (still learning)

2. Those black round bags in my pictures are grow-bags. 🙂

I’ve germinated a few seeds, but like you, I just buy seedlings. It’s much faster and easier 🙂

My cucumber vines are all over the yard but there are no cucumbers.

Sounds very familiar 😄

I had the same issue last year lol. I gave up …no more cucumbers here 😉

Guest gene68

Relaxing and it cuts back on having to buy tomatoes at the supermarket, and it is so therapeutic.😀

Archived