It's been a few days, any Pro orders?

lastay

Im delighted that you got an order but not surprised. It shows the power of a good product, a well written description and good communication. Of course ranking highly helps for visibility but the reality is that there are many people who rank highly and do not convert to sales. If everyone were to spend some time (and money if necessary) on communicating the value of their gig through their description and gig profile, they would see results. The reality is that most people won’t though.

Out of all the sellers on Fiverr, when I look at the gigs to help people sell offered by experienced sellers, TRS or others who are simply good at marketing, there have been less than 500 sales IN TOTAL - EVER! In 5+ years, less than 500 people have spent some money on getting help for their gigs. Ok, some may have hired writers which is not included in that figure but still.

I pointed out the other day that Frank’s gig was clearly professionally written and the result is a high value sale. It’s not rocket science.

Edit: Some people know what high quality looks like and what it should cost and there are definitely some buyers like that on Fiverr. Once again I’ll say it, instead of begrudgery or trying to calculate how much a Pro would earn if they “just sell 5 gigs per month” etc, be inspired and encouraged to ask for the prices you deserve.

When it comes to creating and marketing a product, most businesses will have spent a long time developing it, testing the market, figuring out what is important and what can be removed, what people want, what they don’t want, asking people how it should be marketed etc. Even the best of products take a bit of time to really take off or for people to appreciate what is being offered.

I remember someone saying that “If you have not spent 3 hours on setting up your gig then you won’t get anywhere”. I agreed at the time but if you want to sell higher ticket items then I actually think it will take a lot more than that. Just deciding what you want to offer and writing about it will be ok for some low ticket services but for anything more substantial it takes time and effort, money and experimentation. @uncarved mentioned how her success is related to the fact that it was 3 years in the making. That’s why she doesn’t rely on the luck of the draw or being the cheapest - her service has been developed to be the best it can be and I am sure she is still working on improving it.

I see huge potential for those who make the effort, one of my Premium gigs has started selling well, priced at $150, and I get sales without even a message being sent first. This took time to develop and I honed and edited both the service and how it was packaged over the past 18 months. It is no longer on the first page either (it was for 2 weeks) so those who find me are either digging around for the right product or those who have come to my gig through my own promotion. Either way, if I didn’t put the effort in, it would not sell.

A different Premium gig I offer has not really taken off, but I have been able to cross sell it to clients I have for other things and hopefully it will develop. However, I think it probably needs some more tweaking in terms of how it is offered and so I will look at the feedback from clients and see what they really valued in it and then push that in the description.

When it comes to creating and marketing a product, most businesses will have spent a long time developing it, testing the market, figuring out what is important and what can be removed, what people want, what they don’t want, asking people how it should be marketed etc. Even the best of products take a bit of time to really take off or for people to appreciate what is being offered.

I remember someone saying that “If you have not spent 3 hours on setting up your gig then you won’t get anywhere”. I agreed at the time but if you want to sell higher ticket items then I actually think it will take a lot more than that. Just deciding what you want to offer and writing about it will be ok for some low ticket services but for anything more substantial it takes time and effort, money and experimentation. @uncarved mentioned how her success is related to the fact that it was 3 years in the making. That’s why she doesn’t rely on the luck of the draw or being the cheapest - her service has been developed to be the best it can be and I am sure she is still working on improving it.

I see huge potential for those who make the effort, one of my Premium gigs has started selling well, priced at $150, and I get sales without even a message being sent first. This took time to develop and I honed and edited both the service and how it was packaged over the past 18 months. It is no longer on the first page either (it was for 2 weeks) so those who find me are either digging around for the right product or those who have come to my gig through my own promotion. Either way, if I didn’t put the effort in, it would not sell.

A different Premium gig I offer has not really taken off, but I have been able to cross sell it to clients I have for other things and hopefully it will develop. However, I think it probably needs some more tweaking in terms of how it is offered and so I will look at the feedback from clients and see what they really valued in it and then push that in the description.

my fastest selling gigs are $75-$150 now. So yea, I totally agree with everything @eoinfinnegan just stated.

Damn man, I am so super motivated right now, really super motivated, very super motivated…hear that Emmaki? I’m super motivated.

Damn man, I am so super motivated right now, really super motivated, very super motivated…hear that Emmaki? I’m super motivated.

To paraphrase a mediocre marketing campaign -

Being motivated is still only being motivated

Let me guess, you will start moving on this in August? September?

To paraphrase a mediocre marketing campaign -

Being motivated is still only being motivated

Let me guess, you will start moving on this in August? September?

Booked till July 25, 7 days rest, and from August, it’s Mission Make-More-Money-Than-Emmaki 👍

I wholeheartedly agree on your takeaway from this @eoinfinnegan

Sellers should see this as an opportunity to raise prices, create higher quality/more demanding gigs and try to do better for themselves.

And yes, I can definitely say with confidence that my sales and status on this platform really started taking off when I did not just concentrate on the actual product, but I focused equally on presentation.

It took me more time sometimes, or I actually had to hire someone for the copy, but both effort and money spent were solid investments.

Sellers should see this as an opportunity to raise prices, create higher quality/more demanding gigs and try to do better for themselves.

Actually agree. Even for non “pro sellers” the rising tide floats all boats argument applies. If there are only $5 sellers in your category, $10 looks like a lot, but when there are $300 gigs in the category, $25 looks like a bargain. Ultimately, the market will dictate, and both pros and non pros (i still have a small problem with the terminology more than the concept) will all be able to more effectively tweak their prices against the others in their category.

Not sure wether the wtf meme is aimed at my sale or the picking on my gig part.

Not sure wether the wtf meme is aimed at my sale or the picking on my gig part.

Totally aimed at the person picking on your gig. Guy walks into a BMW dealer and says, man these cars are over priced.🙂

i figure if you can attract big spenders, maybe I can sell one of em a $1,000 voice over. More power to you.

I am a bit nosy, but hey, aren’t we all at times? It’s been a couple of days and I want to know if anyone has been keeping tabs on the Pro sellers, have any buyers taken the bait? Do they have orders in queue?

seems like it’s not working i see some seller rate their own gig using custom offer

I am a bit nosy, but hey, aren’t we all at times? It’s been a couple of days and I want to know if anyone has been keeping tabs on the Pro sellers, have any buyers taken the bait? Do they have orders in queue?

Saw a writer in my cat get a couple of sales and glowing reviews. I wonder if Pro’s can not drop below a certain starting price. Like they have to list the basic gig at $100?

Archived