Over $3k in a Month, What I Learned

uncarved

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s amazing to see awesome sellers like you succeed.

But why I’m not got any orders, Can you tell me anybody?

It’s amazing to see awesome sellers like you succeed.

But why I’m not got any orders, Can you tell me anybody?

We are not fortune tellers. 🔮

Type #UPYOUR in the forum search field, you’ll find a helpful series.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your great post! It’s really great to see the big picture being promoted as a goal, rather than the myriad “get your money super quick” ideas lots of others peddle.

I had a unique situation this week that I thought I’d share since it somewhat applies to this: I got on the front page of Fiverr’s Voice Overs category for a few days in a row. (Many thanks to the editors that found me worthy!😍) I learned a lot, and had a lot of fun while trying to field the influx of orders that being on the front page helps to bring.

I will however state that

1. I had to field just as many difficult/needy buyers looking for special deals or discounts as I had actual new orders.
  2. Lots of my new orders were from people who didn’t follow the guidelines and I had to do a lot of follow up work with each of them to get the order details straight.
  3. Too many of the orders were for 1-day delivery and it made my usual clients feel they were put on the backburner while I tried to complete the swath of first-time 24-hour gigs.

I think I realized it’s actually more rewarding getting the gig orders from people who actually searched through the different offers, and picked me out of several; rather than being on the front page and one of the first couple faces people happened to click on. I get a better relationship normally than I found I was getting from most of my new buyers.

I’m not saying all of them were terrible, that’s not fair to the ones I enjoyed working with. But I definitely had more than usual of the difficult sort.

So. Long story…er…long. Being on the front page may not actually be a worth-while goal for most serious sellers. Just keep focusing on the repeat customers and building a great portfolio of ratings, and you will eventually get to the point of $3k or whatever your goal happens to be.

Cheers!

Thanks for your great post! It’s really great to see the big picture being promoted as a goal, rather than the myriad “get your money super quick” ideas lots of others peddle.

I had a unique situation this week that I thought I’d share since it somewhat applies to this: I got on the front page of Fiverr’s Voice Overs category for a few days in a row. (Many thanks to the editors that found me worthy!😍) I learned a lot, and had a lot of fun while trying to field the influx of orders that being on the front page helps to bring.

I will however state that

1. I had to field just as many difficult/needy buyers looking for special deals or discounts as I had actual new orders.
  2. Lots of my new orders were from people who didn’t follow the guidelines and I had to do a lot of follow up work with each of them to get the order details straight.
  3. Too many of the orders were for 1-day delivery and it made my usual clients feel they were put on the backburner while I tried to complete the swath of first-time 24-hour gigs.

I think I realized it’s actually more rewarding getting the gig orders from people who actually searched through the different offers, and picked me out of several; rather than being on the front page and one of the first couple faces people happened to click on. I get a better relationship normally than I found I was getting from most of my new buyers.

I’m not saying all of them were terrible, that’s not fair to the ones I enjoyed working with. But I definitely had more than usual of the difficult sort.

So. Long story…er…long. Being on the front page may not actually be a worth-while goal for most serious sellers. Just keep focusing on the repeat customers and building a great portfolio of ratings, and you will eventually get to the point of $3k or whatever your goal happens to be.

Cheers!

Thank you for your great post! It is very encouraging and means for me at least, to not be too anxious about placement on a page. When my prices were very rock bottom, I got a lot of attention but also my fair share of those still wanting so much more! Unfortunately, even though I went on to get great ratings, these were mostly one time customers. Many of which took so much time! The volume was not enough to make money either. I am now re-thinking my strategy again. Your post and this thread has been very helpful.🙂

I’ll never understand why so many people talk about advertising your Fiverr gigs for yourself on Facebook and other places. The ONLY possible thing a site like Fiverr has to offer is an existing customer base. If you get clients from your own advertising efforts and word of mouth why in the world would you ever use Fiverr for a free 20% cut, rather than your own website?

Please explain.

Good question. The difference between to sell your service on your own website and the fiverr is mainly “TRUST”. As a buyer point of view, you are more reliable if he hired you from fiverr. Same for the seller as well. That is my thinking.

I am strongly agree with you uncurved! If you give client satisfaction you will be rewarded in long term. Almost every client of mine gave review to me but i didn’t ask for that. Some of my buyer returned and placing order. Withing two month, I am getting good amount of order. 🙂

Archived