Foreign Language Proofreaders Needed

gina_riley2

I’m getting ready to get several (300 words or less) book blurbs proofread and/or translated.

I need some advice on how to go about finding foreign language proofers. What should I look for in their gig?

The ones that I am interested are the following:

Spanish
Arabic
Chinese
Russian
French

I’m thinking it’s easier to find proofreaders than translators. You can’t proofread, if you don’t know the language? Am I correct or in the “far left field” of the ballpark?

I thought I’d ask before searching. It’ll save me time and less chance of me ending up in the ranting pot later! 😁

Lots of people come on here saying they can proofread but their language skills are diabolical. Maybe you should try the $5 sample from a translator or two. Can’t bear to see you in the ranting pot!

Well, the problem is

Since I don’t know the language, I have no idea if they are doing a good job. I’m hoping they can help me with what I already have.

I was hoping for some tips on how to communicate with proofers to see or test their skills.

Don’t worry. You’re the magnet buyer. 😋

You will eventually find some great sellers again 😉

Ha, ha! I gotta get the mods to delete that thread. It was a joke for the frequent posters to get some giggles in.

I don’t want people to see that in the future and think I was being serious. 😁

I can give you the names of people I have used for translating to Spanish, Arabic and French if you like. Used each one several times for material which was submitted to native speakers afterwards. May have to check if the Arabic one is still on as it has been a while since ordering from her.

I can give you the names of people I have used for translating to Spanish, Arabic and French if you like. Used each one several times for material which was submitted to native speakers afterwards. May have to check if the Arabic one is still on as it has been a while since ordering from her.

I already have it translated, what I need is get it proofread before posting it on Amazon.

If they are good at writing, then they should be good at proofing, so yup I’ll take It! 😀

PM’d

😜

Well, the problem is

Since I don’t know the language, I have no idea if they are doing a good job. I’m hoping they can help me with what I already have.

I was hoping for some tips on how to communicate with proofers to see or test their skills.

Well, I might be able to help you with Chinese, Spanish, and French because I have friends who speak those languages perfectly. I also have a Russian friend living in the states.

Maybe I can ask them to help??

You can try contacting those sellers, let them proofread/edit the documents you have with them.

Or ask them to a short but difficult translation.

Once you get them back I can try asking my friends to check them to see if they’ve really done a decent job??? Just a thought 😉

BTW I have a friend whose Thai if you need help with Thai too, hahaha.

Well, I might be able to help you with Chinese, Spanish, and French because I have friends who speak those languages perfectly. I also have a Russian friend living in the states.

Maybe I can ask them to help??

You can try contacting those sellers, let them proofread/edit the documents you have with them.

Or ask them to a short but difficult translation.

Once you get them back I can try asking my friends to check them to see if they’ve really done a decent job??? Just a thought 😉

BTW I have a friend whose Thai if you need help with Thai too, hahaha.

I’ve already gotton it translated. I need to get it proofread before publishing it on Amazon.

I’m pretty confident the French one is good to go. I have to double check everything though.

Are your friends sellers on 5r? If so, can you PM me their username?

I’ve already gotton it translated. I need to get it proofread before publishing it on Amazon.

I’m pretty confident the French one is good to go. I have to double check everything though.

Are your friends sellers on 5r? If so, can you PM me their username?

Oh, none of them are on Fiverr.

If I were to ask them for help, I’m afraid you’ll need to message me, then I contact them,

and then I contact you back…OK, maybe that’s a huge pain in the neck…but it could work…

Archived