New View Requirements Button - Useless Design Choice

roycohn

poll  

156 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I want buyer requirements to be visible on the main order page without having to click on anything
    • I want buyer requirements to be on a different page from the order page
    • I don't care

I’m seeing a ‘View Requirements’ button on my order page which when clicked, leads me to a separate page which shows the requirements. This is stupid, unnecessary and a silly burden on me, the seller, who used to have the requirements on the order page itself, without having to navigate away from it.
Why would you make this design decision? Really. It baffled me so much that I had to come here and rant about it, that’s how STUPID and USELESS and IRRITATING this ‘View Requirements’ button is.

2.jpg.3a070185626f08caea6972c1ef549dfd.jpg

1.jpg.a6bc047384243fffef6928c22e0f8fe4.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed it too…It’s perhaps to solve the order requirement glitch that do occur occasionally

@emily_articles1

I don’t know what that glitch is cause I never encountered it. And regardless, even if it were a common glitch I never ever had to deal with in the years I’ve been on Fiverr, I do think there were other ways around it. This just makes the interface a lot more complicated for no apparent reason whatsoever. And lately, bad design decisions are a trend on Fiverr.

@emily_articles1

I don’t know what that glitch is cause I never encountered it. And regardless, even if it were a common glitch I never ever had to deal with in the years I’ve been on Fiverr, I do think there were other ways around it. This just makes the interface a lot more complicated for no apparent reason whatsoever. And lately, bad design decisions are a trend on Fiverr.

I agree with your last statement though. The designs have been pretty awkward lately

The new option “View requirements” button just making things complicated. Thanks to this we have to go back and forth to deliver & view requirements which is we could simply do in one page. I know there are suggestions like keep keep those 2 in different tabs. But why? Why we have to go through such a complicated way when we can just deliver the order while checking the requirements at once.

Mod Note: Original Post moved to already existing topic.

This is probably the first time that I’ve actually been pissed at a new update. So the new update causes your order requirements to open in a new tab which in all honesty adds nothing of value as well as being down right annoying. Why on earth would I want to view my requirements in a separate tab? I can’t think of a single reason why! This is something that didn’t even need changing. Seriously, who comes up with this stuff >_<

Mod Note: Original Post moved to already existing topic.

Being a developer myself, this View Requirements button is supposed to load requirement on same page in a modal or jquery. Redirecting it to a new page is pain for sellers who receive lots of orders on daily basis.

Being a developer myself, this View Requirements button is supposed to load requirement on same page in a modal or jquery. Redirecting it to a new page is pain for sellers who receive lots of orders on daily basis.

That’s absolutely right.

Fiverr should listen about us in this matter.

I use also a software to keep a closely track on all orders and that button messed everything up.

Why not using Javascript to simply load the briefing in the same damn page? :frowning2:

Requirements area is the core function of the page and it should be accessible with ZERO effort.
I mean it should be there without clicking something, even a JS loading link/button should be avoided.

Just put the requirements back to be shown with no extras clicks, please!

This change is so incredibly stressful and I also can’t think of a single benefit of this new “feature”. I hope it was some kind of accident.

As I previously mentioned elsewhere.

##I think the design choice stemmed from the bug 🐞 that was causing gigs to AUTOSTART without buyers providing requirements.

/#weshallmoannonetheless

I’m glad this post is getting the traction it deserves, but I don’t have any hopes of it being resolved. It’s just another thing we’ll have to accept just because we’re the slav… sellers.
After all, it wasn’t long ago that they decided to overwrite the whole To-Do list into this new, absolutely, fantastically, obscenely stupid and incoherent ‘Dashboard’ where you need to hover over stuff for dropdown menus you can barely click on to get to the most important part of your account - the good ol’ To-Do list; whereas before it was a simple click to get there, or to your inbox, etc.
So… good luck getting them to revert it.

It was a nasty 📱 that gave me grief on multiple occasions. Sure, the extra clicks are a pain, but I’d rather deal with it for now, instead of the latter. +Delivery was set to XYZ, but it was automatically set to 24 hours delivery due to this 🐛.

Archived