Video chat option on fiverr

I am going to be completely honest here, out of the 25 or so orders I have ordered. About 14 of them, I was totally naked. Either because I decided to take a shower so I can think of what I wanted to order or I was changing on to my pyjamas.

I am fat, shaved head. No one wants to see me on video chat.

THERE ARE UGLY people out there, not everyone is as pretty as you.

Hi

it’s not about pretty or ugly, as a buyer and seller naturally i don’t have enough time to explain with texting when a video chat can solve quickly…

hope you understand that.

That would be awesome

In my case, the amazing tool would be adding a feature to record the screen, while they’re pointing/highlighting things and talking to explain what they need

This would be a catchy name Fiverr’s Video Screen Recording + Drawing Tool LOL

Good pointing, but i thing it’s not suitable for all type of gig.

A video chat for Fiverr? So, Fiverr should record them all in case of possible complaints and then, watch/listen to each one of them to verify which side is more reliable, the one of the seller or the one of the buyer?

The written form is always best because you can always go back to it when working on the order, instead of re-listening to an entire conversation. Even more, it avoids a lot of unnecessary opinions from people who are quick to judge you by your voice, appearance or the environment you are in. What if you live in different time-zones? Should the buyer wait for 12 hours to be able to contact you in order to establish the details of his order?

A lot of freelancers choose online work precisely because it avoids a face-to-face interaction and can be more comfortable at home either in pajamas or as @miroslavglavic mentioned, naked. It would involve a lot more work for both sellers and Customer Support, not to mention that if the option would be available and some sellers would not opt to use it, there would be buyers who would look somewhere else, causing a huge decline in sales.

Can you imagine how many buyers would choose sellers just based on their looks, avoiding to video chat with people they do not find aesthetically pleasing? 😐

Good point. I disagree with this proposed feature for this reason, but also because I think it would take away from the user experience. There are lots of amazing sellers out there who don’t have access to adequate web cams or camera phones. I think this puts too many people internationally at a disadvantage.

There are lots of amazing sellers out there who don’t have access to adequate web cams or camera phones.

True, but there are also sellers who will find this as an advantage to get ahead. It’s not a fair market and it’s not supposed to be. For example, there are designers who have Adobe Illustrator and then there are sellers who are designing logos in MS Paint, Logomaker and what not.🙂

Besides, you can already add videos to your portfolio about yourself and your services. Usually those gigs are getting more sales so it’s already a disadvantage to some.

However, I think the main reasons behind this are shorter delivery time, a better control over communication and cleaning up the marketplace. One of the biggest complaints from buyers is that there are too many scammers. The phone verification was just the beginning.

• It’s not always the case, but one video call is often faster than sending 3-4 messages back and forth. More efficient communication leads to faster delivery, which equals more money in a shorter time frame.
  • Fewer scammers as buyers will have another option to evaluate their seller. One video call would prove if my copywriter is a native English speaker or not. You can fake your location, use a stolen photo, buy reviews and ask someone to write your gig description, but it’s difficult to fake it on a face to face call.
  • Right now some of us are using s***e to discuss project details. Fiverr allows this if it’s required to provide a service, but they don’t like it because they can’t control what’s communicated over s***e calls. Sellers might easily cut out the middle man (Fiverr) by asking a buyer to make the payment via PayPal and continue further communication over s***e.
  • On top of this, there’s a revenue opportunity for Fiverr and sellers. For example, if you wish to do a video call then a buyer would pay a small fee (Fiverr takes 20%). Fiverr is running a business, so if they see an opportunity to increase their revenue, then they will take it.

Video calls are becoming more and more popular. Some banks, eCommerce sites, IT support etc are already providing video chat. As a buyer, I support the idea of talking to someone “face to face” and as a seller I do find it more effective in certain cases.

I also like to work in comfortable clothes and not shave every day, but if I need to do a video call every now and then to get paid, then I’m willing to get up and put on a clean T-shirt 🙂

Fiverr is already preparing a video tool.

They started off with the idea that this tool was going to be used for video chatting, but then they changed course and decided it was best to focus on creating the tool for a brand new “video consulting” category.

I am not making this up, I do have my sources. 🙂

And I can probably dig up the questionnaire some of us TRS received when Fiverr decided they should ask us about it.

They started off with the idea that this tool was going to be used for video chatting, but then they changed course and decided it was best to focus on creating the tool for a brand new “video consulting” category.

And I can probably dig up the questionnaire some of us TRS received when Fiverr decided they should ask us about it.

creating the tool for a brand new “video consulting” category

I believe you, it absolutely makes sense from business POV 🙂

A video chat for Fiverr? So, Fiverr should record them all in case of possible complaints and then, watch/listen to each one of them to verify which side is more reliable, the one of the seller or the one of the buyer?

The written form is always best because you can always go back to it when working on the order, instead of re-listening to an entire conversation. Even more, it avoids a lot of unnecessary opinions from people who are quick to judge you by your voice, appearance or the environment you are in. What if you live in different time-zones? Should the buyer wait for 12 hours to be able to contact you in order to establish the details of his order?

A lot of freelancers choose online work precisely because it avoids a face-to-face interaction and can be more comfortable at home either in pajamas or as @miroslavglavic mentioned, naked. It would involve a lot more work for both sellers and Customer Support, not to mention that if the option would be available and some sellers would not opt to use it, there would be buyers who would look somewhere else, causing a huge decline in sales.

Can you imagine how many buyers would choose sellers just based on their looks, avoiding to video chat with people they do not find aesthetically pleasing? 😐

Hi

anamariaedan

i mean video chat is not only for share face on webcam, it can also share your screen only and that was i am talking about…

😮 okay if that was true then … 😮

There are lots of amazing sellers out there who don’t have access to adequate web cams or camera phones.

True, but there are also sellers who will find this as an advantage to get ahead. It’s not a fair market and it’s not supposed to be. For example, there are designers who have Adobe Illustrator and then there are sellers who are designing logos in MS Paint, Logomaker and what not.🙂

Besides, you can already add videos to your portfolio about yourself and your services. Usually those gigs are getting more sales so it’s already a disadvantage to some.

However, I think the main reasons behind this are shorter delivery time, a better control over communication and cleaning up the marketplace. One of the biggest complaints from buyers is that there are too many scammers. The phone verification was just the beginning.

• It’s not always the case, but one video call is often faster than sending 3-4 messages back and forth. More efficient communication leads to faster delivery, which equals more money in a shorter time frame.
  • Fewer scammers as buyers will have another option to evaluate their seller. One video call would prove if my copywriter is a native English speaker or not. You can fake your location, use a stolen photo, buy reviews and ask someone to write your gig description, but it’s difficult to fake it on a face to face call.
  • Right now some of us are using s***e to discuss project details. Fiverr allows this if it’s required to provide a service, but they don’t like it because they can’t control what’s communicated over s***e calls. Sellers might easily cut out the middle man (Fiverr) by asking a buyer to make the payment via PayPal and continue further communication over s***e.
  • On top of this, there’s a revenue opportunity for Fiverr and sellers. For example, if you wish to do a video call then a buyer would pay a small fee (Fiverr takes 20%). Fiverr is running a business, so if they see an opportunity to increase their revenue, then they will take it.

Video calls are becoming more and more popular. Some banks, eCommerce sites, IT support etc are already providing video chat. As a buyer, I support the idea of talking to someone “face to face” and as a seller I do find it more effective in certain cases.

I also like to work in comfortable clothes and not shave every day, but if I need to do a video call every now and then to get paid, then I’m willing to get up and put on a clean T-shirt 🙂

ya that is true, and i think it’s a good answer.

Why are you in a rush?

I just talking about one point of ordering time… just think about it some times on graphic category buyer failed to text full requirement, may be that was his/her English writing problem may be it was time but in real situation seller submit a demo virson and after review seller send another revision and this process take too many time , If we (fiverr.com) have a screen share option then it will be

Why are you in a rush?

easy to share a buyer plan or illustrate …

• 4 weeks later...

you can tell all things in message, so i think video option is not needed

you can tell all things in message, so i think video option is not needed

I guess it depends on your service and how you provide it. Just recently I had a client who had very specific requests. It was quite troublesome to send messages and screenshots back and forth. It would have been so much easier to do a video call and share my screen.

If you don’t need to use it then fine, but it should be an option for those who want to use it 🙂

• 1 year later...

video or voice chat is a must have. use it on upwork all the time. I cant find it on fiverr Some things are more difficult to explain and if you think messaging works for everything you are kidding yourself. Huge hole in the service if it is not there. if it is, point me to it

Archived