Account blocked without any reason

hamzaasad

Well, here we go again. Zips over mouths, opinions and quiet senses of outrage, as we all take a deep breath and hope that we’re still here this time next year, week, or even tomorrow.

That said, at least we can take some solace in the fact that at present, Fiverr only seems to disappear seller accounts rather than actual sellers.

All hail Fiverr! And lest us not forget that what he hath given us, he can also take away.

Now make the sign of a capital F and kneel before your computer screen.

Amen

Well, here we go again. Zips over mouths, opinions and quiet senses of outrage, as we all take a deep breath and hope that we’re still here this time next year, week, or even tomorrow.

That said, at least we can take some solace in the fact that at present, Fiverr only seems to disappear seller accounts rather than actual sellers.

All hail Fiverr! And lest us not forget that what he hath given us, he can also take away.

Now make the sign of a capital F and kneel before your computer screen.

Amen

I can understand it if he was asking for $5 just to answer some questions about his service.

But my account was blocked about a week ago, and also I did not violated any copy right rule, but how do you know I am from graphics and design category

Your profile image is from Geoffrey Chapman Model & Talent Agency for starters.

Of course I’m not sure if you infringed the copyrights of others as well, but I’m not convinced that you didn’t either.

It wouldn’t surprise me if your ban is related to copyright infringements. But you will know it yourself.

Even if it is not, Fiverr has never banned a user for absolutely no reason and bringing up your country of origins is a little bit naive. There are tons of sellers from your country who are not banned.

No, but this is not copy right voilation

The image is not public domain and you are actually infringing two rights here:

1. Copyrights, if you don’t have any proof that the copyright owner gave you the usage right for the image. Especially in the case that you use it in a commercial way to endorse your gigs.

2. Portrait rights. The model has to sign a portrait release (and most likely has done so and then gave it over to the photographer who is the copyright owner). Without a model release even the copyright owner is not allowed to use the image for commercial endorsements. Only editorial use doesn’t demand a model release.

You should do your homework. All this is common knowledge for professionals in the creative field. You can not not know things like that.

Yeah but it’s wrong on so many levels. (Posing as a model by using a downloaded image instead of your actual photo)

I know what your category was because “I have twice your experience here on Fiverr” 😉

Anyway I will wrap this up:

No one gets blocked for no reason.

More than 1 people have reported you for poor service, or abusive behaviour or something that violated ToS in some way.

But in that case they must tell me the reason

Can you tell me what was written in it because that might help me

It was a 2 year old thread which I have removed. I do not think it is relevant to your situation and for the record, asking to be paid for providing expertise to a buyer is absolutely ok and something that I do quite often.

To those who think otherwise, check out @phantompower’s post about a charity that picked his brain for 2 days and then asked for the work to be done for free.

Back to the topic, my concern would be that the agency who owns the copyright to your profile picture complained, use of an image like that for 2 years would probably cost in the region of $1000 or more. This may have led Fiverr to check out your gig images etc and if they found more violations then I would see not other option but to block the account.

I am speculating, I have no info other than what you have said and my own common sense. I cannot help and do not have any access to Fiverr staff.

It was a 2 year old thread which I have removed. I do not think it is relevant to your situation and for the record, asking to be paid for providing expertise to a buyer is absolutely ok and something that I do quite often.

To those who think otherwise, check out @phantompower’s post about a charity that picked his brain for 2 days and then asked for the work to be done for free.

Back to the topic, my concern would be that the agency who owns the copyright to your profile picture complained, use of an image like that for 2 years would probably cost in the region of $1000 or more. This may have led Fiverr to check out your gig images etc and if they found more violations then I would see not other option but to block the account.

I am speculating, I have no info other than what you have said and my own common sense. I cannot help and do not have any access to Fiverr staff.

Thank you very much sir for the most prompt reply, now I am fully motivated and will create another account and try to avoid those mistakes, can I use same email and payoneer account for my new account. @eoinfinnegan

Thank you very much sir for the most prompt reply, now I am fully motivated and will create another account and try to avoid those mistakes, can I use same email and payoneer account for my new account. @eoinfinnegan

I am not sure, I suggest you talk to customer support about those things as they are the ones who know all the rules and can guide you to avoid problems in the future.

• 1 year later...

Archived