Is it ok to talk about things buyers do or strange behavior of buyers on the forum or is that against the rules?

misscrystal

Speak for yourself, my bowels are astoundingly healthy.

astoundingly healthy.

The phytochemical constituents of capsicum are shown to produce an anti inflammatory response that proves to alleviate peripheral neurogenic pain such as related to Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory disease of the bowel.

Source: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/capsicum.html

astoundingly healthy.

The phytochemical constituents of capsicum are shown to produce an anti inflammatory response that proves to alleviate peripheral neurogenic pain such as related to Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory disease of the bowel.

Source: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/capsicum.html

@saddu_writer I loved that answer; it was informative and helpful and also definitely not fiverr related so you get an A Plus from me. And even including the reference makes it outstanding.

Though we could still read their posts by clicking the edit icon. 😁

The edited content has some correct information in it. Since it was edited I won’t repeat it but I’ll say it in a different way. This has been explained privately to people who needed the info, but apparently it now has to be public again.

As you can see just from reading the ranting pot, posts about buyers are all over the place. We edit out names and if a thread gets very heated, we may close it. Overall, though, those posts rarely need much moderation.

Exceptions are always going to happen and we try to let people know if they’ve crossed a line. Posting information about any other user (buyer/seller) that is very sensitive is just not a good idea. 99% percent of rants don’t do it. Occasionally info is posted about a 3rd party and reveals things about their perceived physical or mental health, something they would have expressed in confidence, etc. There is no need for that on a public forum. If a user is your client or you are the client, very sensitive information should remain private.

Even when a thread is edited or removed, it might end with a notice or a warning. A forum user who continues to disrupt the forum by arguing about that moderation or CS actions in another public thread is eventually going to be noticed by staff. A user who repeatedly posts on topic that’s been edited or removed is also going to draw attention. If it continues, it violates the overall community guidelines and the person may be suspended.

TL;DR: It’s not too hard. Follow the basic rules as stated. If you think you are, but you are informed that mods or staff feel differently, do as suggested and it will likely stop at that.

The edited content has some correct information in it. Since it was edited I won’t repeat it but I’ll say it in a different way. This has been explained privately to people who needed the info, but apparently it now has to be public again.

As you can see just from reading the ranting pot, posts about buyers are all over the place. We edit out names and if a thread gets very heated, we may close it. Overall, though, those posts rarely need much moderation.

Exceptions are always going to happen and we try to let people know if they’ve crossed a line. Posting information about any other user (buyer/seller) that is very sensitive is just not a good idea. 99% percent of rants don’t do it. Occasionally info is posted about a 3rd party and reveals things about their perceived physical or mental health, something they would have expressed in confidence, etc. There is no need for that on a public forum. If a user is your client or you are the client, very sensitive information should remain private.

Even when a thread is edited or removed, it might end with a notice or a warning. A forum user who continues to disrupt the forum by arguing about that moderation or CS actions in another public thread is eventually going to be noticed by staff. A user who repeatedly posts on topic that’s been edited or removed is also going to draw attention. If it continues, it violates the overall community guidelines and the person may be suspended.

TL;DR: It’s not too hard. Follow the basic rules as stated. If you think you are, but you are informed that mods or staff feel differently, do as suggested and it will likely stop at that.

Sometimes letting others help with real problems is the only solution.

Yeah, I suspected so…so me, @emmaki and @misscrystal will never be REGULAR.

@writer99025

so me, @emmaki and @misscrystal will never be REGULAR.

What has happened to date is based on automation. We are still learning the trust score system Eoin mentioned. There is no “never.” If you keep building your trust score and participate without being disruptive enough to earn a lot of negative flags or another staff/mod directed suspension, I am sure there are ways to earn the next level.

@writer99025

What has happened to date is based on automation. We are still learning the trust score system Eoin mentioned. There is no “never.” If you keep building your trust score and participate without being disruptive enough to earn a lot of negative flags or another staff/mod directed suspension, I am sure there are ways to earn the next level.

Speaking for myself, I knew that a long time ago.

Sorry, I honestly don’t follow you on this.

I had a real problem or concern with some things a buyer was threatening to do and found the solution by talking about it here. I think the forum was invaluable in that instance.

But was it necessary to mention so many private details about that buyer?

Would you feel comfortable if someone said such things about you on a public forum, even if he or she never mentioned your name?

(Don’t get me wrong, I’ve never flagged any of your posts or complained about any of them, I’m just thinking about what might be the issue here)

But was it necessary to mention so many private details about that buyer?

Would you feel comfortable if someone said such things about you on a public forum, even if he or she never mentioned your name?

(Don’t get me wrong, I’ve never flagged any of your posts or complained about any of them, I’m just thinking about what might be the issue here)

Yes if I were threatening what that buyer did. Sometimes the main thing is doing what is needed to do to protect and ensure the safety of someone. That should always be the first obligation to others. No one has any idea who the person was except me. I was in a really strange position and had no idea what to do.

With that kind of threats (if you’re taking them seriously), it seems more appropriate to inform the police or mental health professionals, and let them handle it.

I thought about that too but I can’t contact anyone outside of fiverr. I honestly did not know what to do. I found the answer on the forum.

I had a real problem or concern with some things a buyer was threatening to do and found the solution by talking about it here. I think the forum was invaluable in that instance.

You can find a forum for people who offer the services you offer and see if they will allow that. Here, it isn’t OK to post personal details of that depth about a client. We rarely see a post like that for reasons that seem obvious to me. When we do, it’s going to result in moderation.

I know you’d rather air your real problems here and publicly (like now) but this forum is for a large group of users. The public portion is not a small, intimate community, even though the lurkers might make it feel that way.

I would like to point this out. Maybe it will help you understand the issue better!

A user who repeatedly posts on topic that’s been edited or removed is also going to draw attention. If it continues, it violates the overall community guidelines and the person may be suspended.

You can still do it but to be safe in pm

I would like to point this out. Maybe it will help you understand the issue better!

A user who repeatedly posts on topic that’s been edited or removed is also going to draw attention. If it continues, it violates the overall community guidelines and the person may be suspended.

You can still do it but to be safe in pm

So it’s not ok then to talk about things buyers do or strange behavior if it’s life or death or involves sharing what they said that’s alarming or frightening except in P.M. I hope no one else is ever in the position I was in. Or maybe I should have just ignored it. Next time if it ever happens again I will.

Mod Note: The posts being referred to here were removed due to the fact that sickening comments made by some users about a person were being repeated despite the initial removals. These were flagged by multiple users of the community and moderators. Following consultation with a staff member, further action was taken against those involved.

If anyone has any genuine concern about another user it is recommended that they contact customer support and explain the situation. Customer support can then contact the user or take other actions if required.

This topic is now closed due to repeated abuse of the delete comment function in order to make statements which can be seen by others for 24 hours but cannot be flagged. Please refrain from doing this.

So it’s not ok then to talk about things buyers do or strange behavior if it’s life or death or involves sharing what they said that’s alarming or frightening except in P.M. I hope no one else is ever in the position I was in. Or maybe I should have just ignored it. Next time if it ever happens again I will.

Mod Note: The posts being referred to here were removed due to the fact that sickening comments made by some users about a person were being repeated despite the initial removals. These were flagged by multiple users of the community and moderators. Following consultation with a staff member, further action was taken against those involved.

If anyone has any genuine concern about another user it is recommended that they contact customer support and explain the situation. Customer support can then contact the user or take other actions if required.

This topic is now closed due to repeated abuse of the delete comment function in order to make statements which can be seen by others for 24 hours but cannot be flagged. Please refrain from doing this.

None of the answers here made it sound that complicated. If you really don’t understand, I don’t know what else to tell you. Also, since you brought this up, you weren’t immediately suspended after posting that thread and only parts of the thread were edited at first. You pushed and pushed, mostly on the public forum.

Third time:

None of the answers here made it sound that complicated. If you really don’t understand, I don’t know what else to tell you. Also, since you brought this up, you weren’t immediately suspended after posting that thread and only parts of the thread were edited at first. You pushed and pushed, mostly on the public forum.

Third time:

I hope I explained why I did it.

Archived