Buyer sent corrupted file and now he is not responding

naxx99

So he sent me a corrupted file, I told him it’s corrupted and he said he will upload it somewhere else. And that is the last message he sent. I only have couple of hours left and he didn’t sent file even he was online couple time. Now I don’t know what to do.
Help please

I would suggest you cancel the order since the buyer seems to be unresponsive. Go to the order page, click on “Resolve now” .
You can also contact customer support. They will cancel the order for you. The buyer can always place a new one.

I would suggest you cancel the order since the buyer seems to be unresponsive. Go to the order page, click on “Resolve now” .

You can also contact customer support. They will cancel the order for you. The buyer can always place a new one.

I says I will lose completion ratio and i will be less in search results.

This is bad for new seller like me, I want to have more orders and this happens

I see no reason to cancel yet. Hold on, increase the delivery time, and send a few follow-up messages.

Personally, I think cancelling the order, especially as a new seller, would be detrimental to your seller stats.

Asking for more time is a good option but since the buyer is unresponsive it won’t help. It won’t stop the timer from running

I says I will lose completion ratio and i will be less in search results.

This is bad for new seller like me, I want to have more orders and this happens

It’s the same with a late delivery! Ultimately it’s your decision.

I personally had a similar situation a few days ago and customer support strongly encouraged me not to risk a late delivery.

It’s up to you!

Asking for more time is a good option but since the buyer is unresponsive it won’t help. It won’t stop the timer from running

That’s correct, but the buyer could respond in 8, 12, or 16 hours from now. When the buyer checks their account and accepts the mutual delivery extension, the problem is resolved.

After checking the original poster’s profile, the service in question offers a 2 day delivery time. Considering the messages they have already exchanged, the OP should be a little more patient - the buyer could be asleep, at work, or traveling.

With this in mind, I think cancelling the order so prematurely would be the most detrimental option.

That’s correct, but the buyer could respond in 8, 12, or 16 hours from now. When the buyer checks their account and accepts the mutual delivery extension, the problem is resolved.

After checking the original poster’s profile, the service in question offers a 2 day delivery time. Considering the messages they have already exchanged, the OP should be a little more patient - the buyer could be asleep, at work, or traveling.

With this in mind, I think cancelling the order so prematurely would be the most detrimental option.

Nope, delivery time is one day because it’s custom order.

I sent him couple of messages. He was online couple of times but he didn’t respond.

It would be good to know how much time he has left.

Late deliveries will have a drastic impact on search in 2017.

It would be good to know how much time he has left.

Late deliveries will have a drastic impact on search in 2017.

Yes, late deliveries do have an impact on search. However, if he follows the process correctly, there will be no late delivery.

Several scenarios:

• Buyer accepts the increased turnaround time, so the seller delivers on-time.
  • Buyer rejects the increased turnaround time, so the seller cancels.
  • Buyer doesn’t respond, so the seller cancels.

Yes, late deliveries do have an impact on search. However, if he follows the process correctly, there will be no late delivery.

Several scenarios:

• Buyer accepts the increased turnaround time, so the seller delivers on-time.
  • Buyer rejects the increased turnaround time, so the seller cancels.
  • Buyer doesn’t respond, so the seller cancels.

You are correct. Unfortunately he only has 1 1/2 hours left to decide.

You are correct. Unfortunately he only has 1 1/2 hours left to decide.

No, he doesn’t. He has as long as he is willing to wait to resolve the problem. A late ‘delivery’ does not exist until the seller delivers the order. If the buyer doesn’t respond, the seller will not deliver, so there will be no late ‘delivery’.

The only drawback is that the buyer could force cancel 24 hours after the order becomes ‘late’. As long as a resolution is found before then, I see no other problems.

Don’t worry! It happens to all sellers, so don’t allow buyers like him/her to demotivate you!

Yeah, this got me frustrated so much. It’s third day of my fiverr business, I got one buyer which was really great guy.

Now I got this buyer who doesn’t respond, I sent him couple ways to send me file. I got nothing…

Already I want to quit, because I can’t deal with this.

No, he doesn’t. He has as long as he is willing to wait to resolve the problem. A late ‘delivery’ does not exist until the seller delivers the order. If the buyer doesn’t respond, the seller will not deliver, so there will be no late ‘delivery’.

The only drawback is that the buyer could force cancel 24 hours after the order becomes ‘late’. As long as a resolution is found before then, I see no other problems.

Problem is, he won’t reply at any of my messages. As I remmeber he was 3 times online, and he left, he could send me a message saying he is somewhere or what.

Yeah, this got me frustrated so much. It’s third day of my fiverr business, I got one buyer which was really great guy.

Now I got this buyer who doesn’t respond, I sent him couple ways to send me file. I got nothing…

Already I want to quit, because I can’t deal with this.

Yes, I understand it! You’re new to Fiverr, but this happens sometimes, but not all buyers are same! So you will get more sales soon, only continue working and offering high quality work!

I know it will cost me, but how I can deal with this. Even If I got more time, he wouldn’t respond to me, I’m 100% sure. I am refraining from cursing but this is bad…
I wanted to give my services, to be out there on fiverr, now I have to go away from searches. I get hundreds of impressions on my gigs, now I will get barely because of this…

Archived