Did you ever work with a client who does NOT communicate with you?

angelwish

Hi @angelwish my 3rd order was from a mysterious client. I was busy working on a 100 poem order when I received an email from Fiverr that I have received an order. I was like, What!

I checked in to see the order, it was to write an article on a topic I had absolutely no idea on in 24 hours! Grrrh!

After getting deafening silence from the client to my messages, I reluctantly paused my current order to work on the order. I spent the night brainstorming Google.

Did I mention I saw the order late? It was a busy day!

Early the next morning, I wrote the article. I still had some hours before submitting. But the client was nowhere to be found.

I accepted my fate that a tantalising 5 review wouldn’t be mine in this order. About 48 hours later, I received a shocking 5from this ghost.

That incidence made me to edit my gig: I increased the day from 1 to 3, added fast express delivery. And I added that I should be contacted before an order is placed.

@james_polamz_k You deserve 5 star rating for your hard work as you delivered it on time, even in a busy day. 👍

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jonbaas What’s the difference?

What’s the difference?

You told someone that they deserve a 5-star review. I corrected you and reminded you that sellers do not deserve anything – they earn their reputations through work that impresses their buyers. Delivering an order on time does not deserve a 5-star review. Delivering high quality work that matches a buyer’s needs is what is required to EARN that top review.

Nothing is deserved. Everything good is earned.

What’s the difference?

You told someone that they deserve a 5-star review. I corrected you and reminded you that sellers do not deserve anything – they earn their reputations through work that impresses their buyers. Delivering an order on time does not deserve a 5-star review. Delivering high quality work that matches a buyer’s needs is what is required to EARN that top review.

Nothing is deserved. Everything good is earned.

buyers do not deserve anything – they earn their reputations through work that impresses their buyers

Typo… Its confusing for some.

Everything good is earned.

Sometimes bad luck happens and we encounter a nasty buyer. ( that’s what the thread is all about ) Then your philosophy doesn’t work there.

buyers do not deserve anything – they earn their reputations through work that impresses their buyers

Everything good is earned.

Sometimes bad luck happens and we encounter a nasty buyer. ( that’s what the thread is all about ) Then your philosophy doesn’t work there.

Corrected. Thank you for pointing out my typo.

My “philosphy” (which is in fact, common sense) remains valid, especially in this thread. Even with challenging buyers, reviews are still not deserved. Sellers still must earn their good reviews, even if, in cases like these, they have to work even harder to earn them.

Corrected. Thank you for pointing out my typo.

My “philosphy” (which is in fact, common sense) remains valid, especially in this thread. Even with challenging buyers, reviews are still not deserved. Sellers still must earn their good reviews, even if, in cases like these, they have to work even harder to earn them.

reviews are still not deserved. Sellers still must earn their good reviews, even if, in cases like these, they have to work even harder to earn them.

WOW I am just speechless. Being a regular user of forum and an experienced seller, you still haven’t encountered the enormous threads about those buyers who are just impossible to satisfy.

reviews are still not deserved. Sellers still must earn their good reviews, even if, in cases like these, they have to work even harder to earn them.

Its just piffle in those cases.

Again, THIS ⬆️ particular thread is one excellent example.

Think sometimes its really hard to get the point across when someone just don’t want to give it a thought.

No need to carry it on. I rest my case.

Cheers. 🙌 :

@jonbaas Well, I understand that in most cases, delivering high quality work that matches a buyer’s needs, will earn a top review. But not always.

Also please don’t misunderstand what I said. I DIDN’T say that “Always Sellers deserve a 5 star rating when they deliver an order on time”.

The reasons why I said he deserves it because:

1. If his(james_polamz_k) work didn’t meet the buyer’s expectations & if the quality of work was low, Buyer would NOT have given him a 5 star rating right? I don’t think buyers will give 5 star rating just to please the sellers. So in my point of view he(seller) earned that 5 Star Rating by delivering high quality work that matches buyer’s need (even without buyer’s communication). Therefore he deserves it.

2. Further, he said that he spent whole night to gather details for this order & he worked so hard to complete his order. He tried to complete that order without canceling it. If he needs he could mutually cancel it. I appreciated his dedication.

Your point is valid ONLY if I said that “Seller deserves a 5 star rating when seller delivers an order on time”. Hope that make sense.

@saddu_writer 100% Agree with you. Even we provide Top-Notch service, even that’s what exactly the buyer wanted, still we cannot be sure that he will give a top review. There are buyers that we cannot impress.

WOW I am just speechless. Being a regular user of forum and an experienced seller, you still haven’t encountered the enormous threads about those buyers who are just impossible to satisfy.

Its just piffle in those cases.

Again, THIS ⬆️ particular thread is one excellent example.

Think sometimes its really hard to get the point across when someone just don’t want to give it a thought.

Cheers. 🙌 :

Rest well. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Did you ever work with a client who does NOT communicate with you?

Almost every $5 buyer I have.

🙂 absolutely true, my biggest and in Fiverr the only headache always came from $5 dollar clients, that is why I changed my pricing and I will no longer offer 5 dollars services, it is not worth it at all, I am all about customer service and client orientation but there has to be a limit.

• wp_kid locked this topic

Archived