Did you ever work with a client who does NOT communicate with you?

angelwish

I understand your pain 😃 Few days ago, I have order for voiceover. Buyer gave me only script, nothing more. So I read it, record and delivered within 5 hours. After 30 hours, he text me back, that he need his voiceover to be record in Polish, not English (he ddn’'t mention it before). I was like: Ok, of course not a problem, I will rerecord it for you 🙂
So I redelivered it within 3 hours, and it was no response from buyer for next 3 days. Then he marked my order as completed and gave me 4 stars rating 😕 It is too bad because it is my second review, so my rating don’t attractive the buyers now.
Some people are strange as @abdulmoti mentioned before,

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angelwish

I think we had same buyer. It was same words for 4 star to me. I even got tip for that order. I asked him and he said same thing as to you

Another one was similar. Got tip on order with 4 start. He said everything was prefect. I asked about it and he said he doesn’t believe in 5 stars. For 5 stars I need to “blow his mind”

@arty182925 Most probably the same buyer. Also he gave ma a Tip too. He wanted to get designed a PDF Form from an excel. What to do, strange people 🙂

@czarekpiast You shouldn’t do same job twice. That was a mistake. Even I know you just want to have great reviews, but still, you shouldnt do same job twice. It is buyer fault not yours.

If you are doing voiceover for Polish and English, then in requirements section of your gig, you should write something like, Voiceover language, or something like that.

So when buyers are ordering from you, they need to answer what language they need. Maybe you have that already tho, so ignore this lol.

@angelwish Interesting. I needed to do form in excel. Maybe that form was mine and he ordered PDF form from it lol

lol very funny, I use to know people who never give 5, I even had a boss who gave me 3s and 4s in my performance appraisal and when I asked since you always tell me how great I am doing why didn’t you give me 5, you know what she said? If I give you 5, it will not look good, it would be not believable and doesn’t look like legit, I said but you believe I deserve 5s, she said yes of course. So I said then you won’t mind if I give you 3s and 4s ? since we also assess managers, here it hit her hard, and changed my assessment to 5s where it was appropriate. Sadly “Do to people what you want them to do to you” doesn’t work anymore. 🙂 some people are strange.

@abdulmoti I know it’s funny. Yes they feel it only when it get into their way. As a tradition most bosses do the same thing. They reluctant to give 5 stars to their subordinates. But if someone gives them 3 or 4? Then they will start a picketing against that. Aren’t they? 🙂

I understand your pain 😃 Few days ago, I have order for voiceover. Buyer gave me only script, nothing more. So I read it, record and delivered within 5 hours. After 30 hours, he text me back, that he need his voiceover to be record in Polish, not English (he ddn’'t mention it before). I was like: Ok, of course not a problem, I will rerecord it for you 🙂

So I redelivered it within 3 hours, and it was no response from buyer for next 3 days. Then he marked my order as completed and gave me 4 stars rating 😕 It is too bad because it is my second review, so my rating don’t attractive the buyers now.

Some people are strange as @abdulmoti mentioned before,

@czarekpiast oh that’s bad. Didn’t he mention that he wants it in Polish at the beginning of the order?

@abdulmoti I know it’s funny. Yes they feel it only when it get into their way. As a tradition most bosses do the same thing. They reluctant to give 5 stars to their subordinates. But if someone gives them 3 or 4? Then they will start a picketing against that. Aren’t they? 🙂

Absolutely … I wish people could put themselves for a second in the shoes of the person they are assessing, or just be fair. You like the work, give it 5, it won’t cost anything and it shows that you appreciate the work and show some gratitude, they also forget that giving the appropriate assessment which is inline with the work, motivates the freelancer to do even better for them and for others in the next assignment. It is a problem a freelancer faces but as freelancers we just have to swallow it, put a complain to the CS if the problem is reputation damaging and move on.

No 😕 Not even the single word. Redeliver was not a problem for me. It’s only feel bad for having 4,5 stars rate with only 2 review. It doesn’t attracts anyone now.

I can understand. But what if you contact the buyer and explain the situation? May be he will change his mind and edit the review to 5. Besides, it’s not your fault and it was his fault that he didn’t mention that he wants it in Polish.

You know what, sometimes buyers erroneously leave the review. Once one of my good buyers contacted me saying she used mobile to give me a review and erroneously it came as a 4.5. So she wanted to fix it to 5 and requested me to send her an offer to edit the order.

So don’t give up. Let’s contact the buyer and see. If he agrees to edit the review then you can send Review changing offer by clicking “Resolve Now”(on the order page) and then click the relevant radio button.

I can understand. But what if you contact the buyer and explain the situation? May be he will change his mind and edit the review to 5. Besides, it’s not your fault and it was his fault that he didn’t mention that he wants it in Polish.

You know what, sometimes buyers erroneously leave the review. Once one of my good buyers contacted me saying she used mobile to give me a review and erroneously it came as a 4.5. So she wanted to fix it to 5 and requested me to send her an offer to edit the order.

So don’t give up. Let’s contact the buyer and see. If he agrees to edit the review then you can send Review changing offer by clicking “Resolve Now”(on the order page) and then click the relevant radio button.

@angelwish Thank you for advice. I will try 🙂

No 😕 Not even the single word. Redeliver was not a problem for me. It’s only feel bad for having 4,5 stars rate with only 2 review. It doesn’t attracts anyone now.

:no_entry_sign: Refunding your buyer to remove a feedback is NO LONGER possible on Fiverr since the last update in Terms Of Service. :warning: Feedbacks are here to stay! :bulb: However, you can ASK to have your REVIEW modified but only ONCE (:one:) per order. Also, you should use this feature as minimally as possible. :information_source: Please Note: This feature is only available within 3 DAYS of posting of feedback. Let's get to the steps: STEP 1: >Click on "RESOLVE NOW" …

:no_entry_sign: Refunding your buyer to remove a feedback is NO LONGER possible on Fiverr since the last update in Terms Of Service. :warning: Feedbacks are here to stay! :bulb: However, you can ASK to have your REVIEW modified but only ONCE (:one:) per order. Also, you should use this feature as minimally as possible. :information_source: Please Note: This feature is only available within 3 DAYS of posting of feedback. Let's get to the steps: STEP 1: >Click on "RESOLVE NOW" …

@djgodknows Thanks for sharing! 🙂

By any chance did you ever meet a buyer who doesn’t communicate with you? Once I received an order from a buyer with very less details. I replied him asking the required details in order to process his order. I sent him several messages and was waiting for many days but there was no single reply from him. Since the order timing was getting close to end, I did the design with the details I received & forwarded it to him and I marked the order as delivered. Then he suddenly popped out & left me a review saying that my communication was not good. I was like 😱

By any chance did you ever meet a buyer who doesn’t communicate with you?

Yes the $5 ones sometimes don’t bother to answer my messages.

@diegow Yes indeed. I accept that there some cases that the buyer had a genuine problem. But my concern is the other buyers who don’t reply purposely. I don’t understand why they behave like that, as we have mentioned all the required details in our gig description. In my case I asked him the reason why he gave me a that kind of a review, because he was the one who didn’t communicate at all. Then he was dumb. 😶

The problem is when we get several unresponsive clients we cannot cancel all orders. Because then the cancellation ratio of the gig will increase. :thinking:

Hello!

You are very correct but in some cases we have to cancel, because if you don’t his/her review might push thousands of buyers away, NO

we have to cancel just one to avoid losing other jobs, have deal with such client also you just have to message the buyer telling him and making it clear to him that ignoring your messages will lead to cancellations, he might explain the cause of poor response, some are cause mainly because of time zone.

Additional tips

Always remember to cancel to avoid negative review also 7% cancel ratio is perfect.

lol very funny, I use to know people who never give 5, I even had a boss who gave me 3s and 4s in my performance appraisal and when I asked since you always tell me how great I am doing why didn’t you give me 5, you know what she said? If I give you 5, it will not look good, it would be not believable and doesn’t look like legit, I said but you believe I deserve 5s, she said yes of course. So I said then you won’t mind if I give you 3s and 4s ? since we also assess managers, here it hit her hard, and changed my assessment to 5s where it was appropriate. Sadly “Do to people what you want them to do to you” doesn’t work anymore. 🙂 some people are strange.

A very awesome tips, you said it all woo I don’t even believe someone could notice this on fiverr.

I’m actually expecting a buyer to give me a 1-star review for his mistake. He ordered my rewrite and keyword gig, which states that I will “rewrite one 400 word article and add in your keywords”. He sends me four requirements - add in the keyword, do it five times, leave it in active voice and have a percentage of transition words. Okay, I take his article he gives me - which is more than 400 words but easily able to get down to much less - and rewrite it, following his specifications.

Then yesterday, he comes back and says, No he wants an article on the keyword… Umm? That’s research and you never said you wanted XYZ. You provide me with an article and your specifications on a REWRITE gig… How AM I TO KNOW you wanted research of the keyword and article from it.?

So, I sent him back the file in a delivered format - and responded that if he wanted a researched article, he ordered incorrectly, but based on the specs that were initially provided for me, I had completed his order as described. It was his mistake but I refuse to back down unless I am made otherwise. It’s not my fault he ordered incorrectly, I only did as he had requested on the original order. There was no reason for me to ask questions because everything I needed was there.

I don’t provide research articles on most topics because I feel they need to be much more than $5… least that’s my standpoint.

I’m actually expecting a buyer to give me a 1-star review for his mistake. He ordered my rewrite and keyword gig, which states that I will “rewrite one 400 word article and add in your keywords”. He sends me four requirements - add in the keyword, do it five times, leave it in active voice and have a percentage of transition words. Okay, I take his article he gives me - which is more than 400 words but easily able to get down to much less - and rewrite it, following his specifications.

Then yesterday, he comes back and says, No he wants an article on the keyword… Umm? That’s research and you never said you wanted XYZ. You provide me with an article and your specifications on a REWRITE gig… How AM I TO KNOW you wanted research of the keyword and article from it.?

So, I sent him back the file in a delivered format - and responded that if he wanted a researched article, he ordered incorrectly, but based on the specs that were initially provided for me, I had completed his order as described. It was his mistake but I refuse to back down unless I am made otherwise. It’s not my fault he ordered incorrectly, I only did as he had requested on the original order. There was no reason for me to ask questions because everything I needed was there.

I don’t provide research articles on most topics because I feel they need to be much more than $5… least that’s my standpoint.

I feel you. I have similar buyer at the moment. He agreed on design what I made him for example, and now he changed his mind or whatever. With note “I expected more from top rated seller”

@angelwish Good Topic. Thanks for starting this Topic. Yes that’s true. I noticed that many sellers shared their experiences. I have the same experience regarding unresponsive buyers. :thinking:

@fantagiro Thanks. Yes that’s how they are. Challenge is to safeguard the gig WITHOUT getting a bad review and also WITHOUT cancelling the order. 🙂

By any chance did you ever meet a buyer who doesn’t communicate with you?

Yes the $5 ones sometimes don’t bother to answer my messages.

@misscrystal Absolutely. Most of the time it’s $5. Also there are cases that fake buyers do the same to get the refund after work is delivered.

@designit_247 Your point is exactly correct just for one order. But what if you receive several orders which customers don’t response? Are you going to cancel all the orders? I have noticed there are sellers have less rating for their gigs but still they are getting orders continuously. Challenge is to safeguard your gig without getting a bad review and also WITHOUT cancelling the order.

@emeraldawnn Buyers order one thing, after you deliver it, they request something else. So they can get done 2 work for the same cost. Did you explain the situation & did he reply?

@misscrystal Absolutely. Most of the time it’s $5. Also there are cases that fake buyers do the same to get the refund after work is delivered.

@designit_247 Your point is exactly correct just for one order. But what if you receive several orders which customers don’t response? Are you going to cancel all the orders? I have noticed there are sellers have less rating for their gigs but still they are getting orders continuously. Challenge is to safeguard your gig without getting a bad review and also WITHOUT cancelling the order.

@emeraldawnn Buyers order one thing, after you deliver it, they request something else. So they can get done 2 work for the same cost. Did you explain the situation & did he reply?

Yes, I told him that, if he wanted a research article, he never stipulated as such - just gave me an article and instructions and that was it. I told him based on the information I was given in the initial order, I have fulfilled the order. I delivered it again and have not heard back yet. I didn’t hear back until noon yesterday about the initial delivery and suspect that’ll be the same way today. Of course, I responded within 30 minutes to his rejecting the order so he’s had more than 12 hours to respond… nothing yet.

Now, it’s just wait and see. I know it’s just $5 but it’s the principle of the matter. I did the work as described and now it’s a research article for something I don’t even offer service for.

@arty182925 what happened buddy? Did he reply?

@emeraldawnn Yes let’s wait and see. By the way you are Susan right? You know what, 2 years back buyer contacted me asking me to do a article re-writing job. She was very nice but I couldn’t help her as that was not a service that I provide. Those days she was new to fiverr so I went ahead and searched for Professional Writers. Guess who I found, Yes It was you. So I gave you profile link to her and later she contacted me and said you did an awesome job. 🙂

@arty182925 what happened buddy? Did he reply?

@emeraldawnn Yes let’s wait and see. By the way you are Susan right? You know what, 2 years back buyer contacted me asking me to do a article re-writing job. She was very nice but I couldn’t help her as that was not a service that I provide. Those days she was new to fiverr so I went ahead and searched for Professional Writers. Guess who I found, Yes It was you. So I gave you profile link to her and later she contacted me and said you did an awesome job. 🙂

Yes, it’s Susan, and thank you for that. I was glad to help whoever it was. I work hard to impress all clients the best way I can. Might you let me know who that person was by chance? You can PM me if you want.

Archived