My Fiverr balance is -$1,188

psychicbunny

Customer support said they couldn’t anything? Are they serious???

that is SO messed up. i had a chargeback for about 22.00 once, and cs was able to credit me back, but I’m assuming it was a goodwill credit since the amount was small and I don’t know how this twisted paypal relationship they have works. If you need support from the masses, my voice is here for ya-- this could happen to anyone, and when large quantities of money are being transacted by a single buyer, fiverr MUST have better safeguards in place. this is ridiculous, I’m mad that they can’t do anything. that is unacceptable.

Someone filed a paypal dispute for a 5$ gig and CS couldn’t do anything, neither Paypal could. I opened a thread about the issue and I found out this happened to many other sellers.

I really hope psychicbunny can work this out!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone filed a paypal dispute for a 5$ gig and CS couldn’t do anything, neither Paypal could. I opened a thread about the issue and I found out this happened to many other sellers.

I really hope psychicbunny can work this out!

I’d rather have a $5 chargeback than $5,000

I’m so totally going to cast a curse spell on this guy smh

Haha I’m just kidding around, I guess I just won’t be doing big orders now. Lesson learned 😩

Haha I’m just kidding around, I guess I just won’t be doing big orders now. Lesson learned 😩

😁 Of course you were!

😈 I must admit there is a little evil side of me that hopes he gets a flat tire in the middle of nowhere!

😁 Of course you were!

😈 I must admit there is a little evil side of me that hopes he gets a flat tire in the middle of nowhere!

Tell me about it lol, I KNEW there was a chance for something like this but the nicer side of me said “no, he’s going through a bad divorce help the poor soul” ugggh

As a new Fiverr seller, this really puts things into perspective - I never even considered the possibility that someone would do this. I still have faith in people but it’s hard when there are so many bad apples out there.

My advice to you is not do orders than maybe $200 a month for the same person. Just not worth it at all. Completely not worth it.

My advice to you is not do orders than maybe $200 a month for the same person. Just not worth it at all. Completely not worth it.

That’s exactly the lesson I’m taking from this post…it would be nice if you could set the ‘buyer’ criteria (similar to eBay) so that you could hopefully filter out scammers.

Strange that the buyer had just the possibility to create a dispute for complete orders and to get his money back with just one button clicked.

I once got a similar problem : the buyer purchased $1500 worth of gigs several years ago, and one day, I received some emails too. The money was gone. Fiverr told me that it was because the buyer had used a stolen credit card and the bank of the original owner got his money back. That was a terrible nightmare for me too, because I even paid taxes on this money for my company. So I lost the money + the taxes.

There is not really a solution for this, unfortunately. When I contacted Fiverr, they just told me that it was not their fault and they couldn’t do anything.

I really hope that the situation will be different for you. It’s so frustrating and difficult for the moral when these situations happens… These buyers are just nightmares for us, serious sellers here.

Isn’t there a reason the platform acts as an intermediary and takes its cut? Isn’t it the intermediary’s responsibility to vet these people? Why are you being penalized for their not having done the required due diligence?

Usually more money means more troubles. So you should limit a [new] returning buyer to a purchase up to $100 or $200 or more per 2 months, if you keep a good balance.

Other members have a minus $10,000 balance.

PayPal chargeback guide

What do chargebacks mean for sellers?

A chargeback happens when a buyer asks their credit card issuer to reverse a transaction that has already cleared. This can mean that a payment you’ve received in your PayPal account could be reversed, even if you’ve already posted the goods – which can of course be frustrating.

PayPal will help you as much as possible if you wish to dispute a chargeback, but the final decision lies with the credit card company. However you can also get protection with PayPal’s Seller Protection policy.

Watch the guide

Why do chargebacks occur?

There are a few reasons why a buyer would request a chargeback:

An unauthorised payment was made with the buyer’s card

The buyer didn’t receive the item that was paid for

There were errors in processing the transaction

The item does not match its description

The maximum time a buyer has to file a chargeback with their credit card company is typically 120 days after the expected delivery of the agreed goods or services. Certain exceptions may apply.

pp196.pngpaypal.com pp258.png

Chargebacks & Reverse Credit Transactions

Discover more about chargeback payments and use. When selling, use PayPal Seller Protection for a cover. Discover more online today.

I knew he lived in my state but I like, know where he truly lives at right now.

Off question but could I file a small claims against him if he does go after more money?

small claims

Sure, you can take him to SCC, but would definitely need a lawyer.

But how would you prove the service you provided was delivered? His counter argument would be to disprove any offerings, since the service did not provide any tangible item as a delivery.

Then the other case would be the Judge might say this is a case between Paypal and Fiverr. So you would need to take it up with them.

You would firstly have to prove that the transaction for the service rendered happened DIRECTLY between him and you for this case to even have a fighting chance.

You see where I am going with this?👴

Off question but could I file a small claims against him if he does go after more money?

Often letters written by someone who knows how to write that kind of stuff do wondrous things too, maybe worth a try if you don´t want to risk to lose more money to a lawyer.

Oh, I see. I don’t know how it would benefit you, though. I’m not so sure you are able to pursue it since you are going through a platform like this one. We probably have an arbitration clause in our TOS. You still might be able to pursue Small Claims but you might need a lawyer. By the time all is said and done, it might not be worth it. Did you check with CS to see if you can escalate it so it goes into arbitration?

No because the Paypal dispute he has is with fiverr, not with you.

Technically from a legal standpoint your dispute would be with fiverr, at least that is how a court would see it.

This is because you get your payments from fiverr. So buyers are protected from lawsuits just as sellers are in this way. Sure you can file a suit against anyone but for this reason it would be dropped by the judge.

This infuriates me on every level! 😦 This could happen to anyone…

So that’s it? You just lose ALL that money and all that time you worked?! That sounds extremely flawed to me.

Something needs to be done. If CS can’t help us in such dire situations, then who will?

If scammy buyers catch onto to this Pay*Pal dispute thing, we’re all in big trouble.

I’m so sorry this happened to you.

Archived