Is Fiverr your full time job?

alvia17

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!
I’m yet to read the replies on this thread but here goes my thoughts:

I have full time job outside of Fiverr which is quite as demanding as Fiverr is but because I have some goals to achieve, which Fiverr is helping me with, I’ve got to stick with the process.

I was once hoping to take up Fiverr as a full time job someday but thinking about it again, it may not be the best thing to do because Fiverr has its ‘dry seasons’ when there are few jobs to go round.

Bottomline is Fiverr can be a good platform to work full time on, but at some level of risk.

For me it pretty much is my full time job now. I make a wonderful amount of money after 3 years. But you have to work it as a business. This means making deadlines, not overextending, great communication with the buyer and so on. My mantra is under promise and over deliver!

That being said you have to have a product or service that is in need. So research is also a big key in deciding what to sell. Then research to see what the market will bear. Creating a compelling sales pitch is a must too.

I love fiverr. What it stands for. What it has given me. In one word, “FREEDOM”!

Are you willing to share what you’ve discovered sells best on Fiverr?

Perhaps in my inbox 📩

It is starting today, I just finished to fill a document which will allow me to become a legal micro-entrepreneur (French thing).

I started Fiverr last month, and it seems I’m going to be able to make good money (at least for me) staying here, so there I am.

I wish you all the best on this new adventure 🙂

I wish you all the best on this new adventure 🙂

I’m just started with Fiverr . Last day I have created my first gig ! And waiting for buyer’s response . Let’s see how it’s work for me 🙂

Honestly i’m taking my fiverr job as full time job.

Hope good wish from my seller community .

Thanks to everyone 🙂

I am a govt. officer, leaving a govt. job is considered madness here in Pakistan, but I am thinking to quit it in near future… Right now I am earning 30% of my income via fiverr, I do this fiverr thing for 2 hours daily… I am happy they have given me a great platform to earn some extra money…

I am a govt. officer, leaving a govt. job is considered madness here in Pakistan, but I am thinking to quit it in near future… Right now I am earning 30% of my income via fiverr, I do this fiverr thing for 2 hours daily… I am happy they have given me a great platform to earn some extra money…

As I just replied in another threat. Don’t put all the eggs into one basket. What I personally do when a source of income works well is looking for a replacement, as nothing ever stays the way it is.

I think in your country a govt. job is one of the most stable jobs you can have. So be careful with that.

As I just replied in another threat. Don’t put all the eggs into one basket. What I personally do when a source of income works well is looking for a replacement, as nothing ever stays the way it is.

I think in your country a govt. job is one of the most stable jobs you can have. So be careful with that.

@mariokluser you are right, but I have taken risks all my life, I am building my own organization soon (by the way that has nothing to do with fiverr) but yes, fiverr gives me happiness and a feeling that I will not be broke even If i make a wrong decision…

The problem is, Mario, that some people are limited in their abilities. So what happens if you have 10 design gigs, or 10 writing gigs, and you’re not getting enough orders? You’re not going to do a video review gig unless you’re comfortable being on camera, you won’t be doing voiceovers unless you’re comfortable or in love with the sound of your own voice.

Even if you create a 100% original gig, there’s no guarantee it will be popular.

In conclusion, Fiverr is a full-time job for very few people, for most people it’s a side income.

The problem is, Mario, that some people are limited in their abilities. So what happens if you have 10 design gigs, or 10 writing gigs, and you’re not getting enough orders? You’re not going to do a video review gig unless you’re comfortable being on camera, you won’t be doing voiceovers unless you’re comfortable or in love with the sound of your own voice.

Even if you create a 100% original gig, there’s no guarantee it will be popular.

In conclusion, Fiverr is a full-time job for very few people, for most people it’s a side income.

I understand you point of view. When I was talking about another source of income I didn’t mean another gig though. Just looking for new opportunities within a platform is very limited. We live in an age where one has to reinvent himself over and over again. What works today will reach its durability date sooner or later.

If Fiverr works great for one today it can all be over next year. So just looking within Fiverr really wouldn’t be my advise at all.

Are you willing to share what you’ve discovered sells best on Fiverr?

Perhaps in my inbox 📩

It really depends on the area you are focusing in. I am an actor so shooting videos is easy for me. Spokesperson etc. This is where you need to do research. Example, if you are good at doing graphics, do a search for that term in fiverr, then narrow it down more specifically, like Logo design or brochures etc… Now filter the results to see the Top Rated sellers and browse through their gigs to get ideas for something you want to make. If they have done thousands then that is a good potential area to focus on.

If there are very few results then that means people aren’t looking for that service and it could be a waste of time to develop a gig in that area.

In the business world a lot of research should be done before creating a business. A good business plan requires research to see what the market will bear. In this case, the world is your market, however you still need to do research.

Then after your research you need to decided:

1 - What you want to sell (I suggest you don’t go broad but be more specific here)

2 - Who your perfect client is (super important here. For example, are they Female? Male? 20ish? 50ish? Married? Own a home? Professional? Own a company or business? Distributor? And so on. If you really watch a commercial on tv, try to figure out who they are marketing their product or service to. It’s not “everyone”. For example, everyone buys toilet paper, but who specifically are the companies marketing their product to?)

3 - Design your marketing video (gig) around who you want to sell to.

4 - Develop your requirements for a sale to be clear an concise as possible (I found this area to be ever changing) and include the use of the FAQ section too.

5 - Create your gig and be prepared to be patient as orders may or may not start to come in. 3 years ago it took 13 days for my first order to come in.

6 - Look for other gigs you can create with the same steps above.

7 - Tweak your offer every so often. I started out doing 150 word video for $5. After 3 years, I now do 50 word videos for the base price. But I had to start out inexpensive in order to get business and build a solid rating.

8 - Don’t be afraid to say no! Sometimes people want way to much for nothing. Be upfront!

That’s it for now!

Bob

No, not really, and I don’t expect it to be.

Take into consideration I can make over $500 for projects similar to the ones I offer here for $20. So, albeit I don’t get as many of those “expensive” orders, those pay off by quite a huge margin. It’s obvious I wouldn’t accept a project for say, ie, the NBA on Fiverr with Fiverr’s prices. 🌚

It’s the thing with voice overs and voice acting in general: you better diversify, or you’re screwed. Don’t ever rely on one sole income source, because once it falls you’ll stand in a very bad position.

Archived