Is there anyone on Fiverr who does not copy paste stock art?

nilszander

@eoinfinnegan

No stress from me. But when someone posts a specific question “Is there anybody on Fiverr…” then I don’t see why someone qualified can’t say “I do that…”

I understand why self promotion is not allowed. But answering a specific question if someone asks makes no sense to me. That means I can post his as a recommendation, but he can’t?

Again: No stress from me no matter what you do. I respect the fact that being a mod is a tough job (I’m an admin in 3 FB groups, with around 3,000 people total with similar “no self promotion rules”, so I relate…)

All good: Being a mod is an intense job and you’re a volunteer so I get it. Hats off to you.

I understand your logic but the issue is who gets to decide who is qualified?

I for one am not qualified to decide who is qualified!

The buyer requests section is specifically for buyers to request services from sellers. The buyer then gets to decide who they believe is qualified. It’s not perfect, to put it mildly, but allowing everyone to post on the forum saying they are qualified would just result in it being another buyer requests section.

@eoinfinnegan

No stress from me. But when someone posts a specific question “Is there anybody on Fiverr…” then I don’t see why someone qualified can’t say “I do that…”

I understand why self promotion is not allowed. But answering a specific question if someone asks makes no sense to me. That means I can post his as a recommendation, but he can’t?

Again: No stress from me no matter what you do. I respect the fact that being a mod is a tough job (I’m an admin in 3 FB groups, with around 3,000 people total with similar “no self promotion rules”, so I relate…)

All good: Being a mod is an intense job and you’re a volunteer so I get it. Hats off to you.

@lisabaarns I honestly tend to avoid direct referrals because of the slight difference between that and self promotion. If I have a suggestion for someone who asks in the forum, I can send it to them private through the forum message system and not even use their Fiverr inbox. i could do the same to offer my own services, but actually I wouldn’t. I’ve found that most buyers do not want that and even when the post “is there anyone?” on the forum they could mean it as exasperation, not a request for offers. I’ve known some of them to turn around and report sellers to Customer Support for saying “i can do it” in a message. So, these are my personal feelings and I don’t impose those on other people.

If a forum post is flagged by the community, though, I tend to go with the flag unless I strongly disagree with it. People say they have degrees and experience that they really don’t, so I usually ignore that. This forum relies a great deal on community moderation as opposed to our old one that was almost entirely judgement calls by moderators.

One other thing that is just on the same subject - I have seen buyers literally post with a clear job to offer and a clear request for people to submit their offers. When I see those, I tend to move the post into the My Fiverr Gigs section. In that forum category the sellers are already there so they can see it, and the buyer will get a notification of replies and can go there to read them. In that category, sellers can go as far as they want to pitch themselves. These are mostly general observations. Thanks for participating in the thread!

@eoinfinnegan No stress from me either way, or if you make a blanket ban.

I see the issue you face.

BUT, here’s my take (feel free to ignore).

In this case, a buyer has had a set of bad experiences on Fiverr and he’s here to find solutions to that issue. As a fellow seller in a different category, I hope the OP finds a great seller and keeps buying on Fiverr. If that seller keeps his current opinion, he just bad mouths Fiverr to all his friends, rather than telling others he found great value on Fiverr.

So I hope someone recommends someone qualified to assist the OP.

If it means someone else recommends specific sellers, great. If not, no stress from me but in my mind it hurts the platform when someone of quality isn’t found.

Again: I don’t mean to hi-jack this thread. If you would prefer, send me a PM and I can delete my messages without any stress from me. I do think it’s great a qualified seller added some perspective, but I respect your tough position too.

Let me know and I’ll remove all these comments, so anybody else doesn’t wade through our conversation which adds little value to this thread directly.

Im pretty new to Fiverr…

Im trying to get a logo for my company since a couple of weeks now. I end up getting copy pasted stuff from stock images. I mean I understand that you cant expect that much for 5$ but I ordered more expencive gigs and everyone seems to do the same. Ive been working with 8 designers already and I get always realy aweful stuff.

I mean I dont have to pay 5$ Dollar for google free stock art put it together in Photoshop and write my company name below it.

Do I expect to much or is this just normal on Fiverr? And is there anyone out here on Fiverr who is realy a graphic designer or is here everyone copy pasting?

Im pretty frustrated -.-

And is there anyone out here on Fiverr who is realy a graphic designer or is here everyone copy pasting?

@eoinfinnegan @lisabaarns @fonthaunt @jonbaas

I am quite certain that the above stated query was a rhetorical one.

His dismay at experiences with graphic designers sets this tone quite clearly.

p.s

Rules and regulations exist everywhere for a reason.

But let us please move on from this.

✌️

Im pretty new to Fiverr…

Im trying to get a logo for my company since a couple of weeks now. I end up getting copy pasted stuff from stock images. I mean I understand that you cant expect that much for 5$ but I ordered more expencive gigs and everyone seems to do the same. Ive been working with 8 designers already and I get always realy aweful stuff.

I mean I dont have to pay 5$ Dollar for google free stock art put it together in Photoshop and write my company name below it.

Do I expect to much or is this just normal on Fiverr? And is there anyone out here on Fiverr who is realy a graphic designer or is here everyone copy pasting?

Im pretty frustrated -.-

Do I expect to much or is this just normal on Fiverr? And is there anyone out here on Fiverr who is really a graphic designer or is here everyone copy pasting? Im pretty frustrated -.-

I’m thinking it was more then rhetorical.

Mods: I’m fine if someone prefers I remove all my comments to get this back on track.

My intent was to be sure the OP found someone of quality and see there is some great value on Fiverr, not change the focus of the thread.

Do I expect to much or is this just normal on Fiverr? And is there anyone out here on Fiverr who is really a graphic designer or is here everyone copy pasting? Im pretty frustrated -.-

I’m thinking it was more then rhetorical.

Mods: I’m fine if someone prefers I remove all my comments to get this back on track.

My intent was to be sure the OP found someone of quality and see there is some great value on Fiverr, not change the focus of the thread.

One of the Fiverr Ambassadors did recommend 2 other sellers who do not use copy/paste. It is self promotion that is “blanket banned.” Anyone who wanted to could also have asked the OP if he would like a PM. I do think this side tangent is off-topic, but it is also relevant to something that happens in the forums, so I don’t think it should disappear. I think it has been well covered, though.

One of the Fiverr Ambassadors did recommend 2 other sellers who do not use copy/paste. It is self promotion that is “blanket banned.” Anyone who wanted to could also have asked the OP if he would like a PM. I do think this side tangent is off-topic, but it is also relevant to something that happens in the forums, so I don’t think it should disappear. I think it has been well covered, though.

@fonthaunt - I think that’s a good point to make – but also something you, and the other Mods need to keep in mind. While I admire @twistedweb123, he did promote two specific logo designers. My comment offering to help buyers find great designers was shared in the same way. Yet, I found my helpfulness restricted, and my offer to assist removed. Whereas twistedweb’s recommendations remain unedited. If my assistance runs up against these blanket promotional rules, then surely his offer should be treated the same as my own.

It could be seen as special Moderator bias to remove my offer of recommendation to those that need help – which the OP specifically asked for – while the very same thing from a Fiverr Ambassador goes unchecked (and according to you was equally inappropriate under the forum rules).

Let’s not set ourselves up for a double standard, and target the removal of one veteran seller’s helpfulness, while retaining the helpful recommendations of another. Rules are rules. They should apply to everyone, no matter how well-intentioned either of us have been.

Perhaps a suitable solution to this blanket rule, would be to edit twistedweb’s post, and remove his recommendations as well. I take a little offense that this entire tangent has been a result of my own well-intentioned actions, while the similar actions of another remain available for all to see.

@fonthaunt - I think that’s a good point to make – but also something you, and the other Mods need to keep in mind. While I admire @twistedweb123, he did promote two specific logo designers. My comment offering to help buyers find great designers was shared in the same way. Yet, I found my helpfulness restricted, and my offer to assist removed. Whereas twistedweb’s recommendations remain unedited. If my assistance runs up against these blanket promotional rules, then surely his offer should be treated the same as my own.

It could be seen as special Moderator bias to remove my offer of recommendation to those that need help – which the OP specifically asked for – while the very same thing from a Fiverr Ambassador goes unchecked (and according to you was equally inappropriate under the forum rules).

Let’s not set ourselves up for a double standard, and target the removal of one veteran seller’s helpfulness, while retaining the helpful recommendations of another. Rules are rules. They should apply to everyone, no matter how well-intentioned either of us have been.

Perhaps a suitable solution to this blanket rule, would be to edit twistedweb’s post, and remove his recommendations as well. I take a little offense that this entire tangent has been a result of my own well-intentioned actions, while the similar actions of another remain available for all to see.

@jonbaas,

The difference between my post and yours here is clear. One includes self-promotion, the other includes a reference to sellers as not only for the gigs that they perform relating to the OP but also as an example reference in my “point”.

To go over it:

In terms of seller’s I’d recommend, I’d personally vouch for @logo_business and @newbold3d. They are both Top Rated Sellers, “Super Sellers” and two guys I’ve had the pleasure of meeting personally. As the category is so populated, it’s not always easy to find the best quality (most orders or highest-rated doesn’t always mean the best suited for you in such a subjective category).

Focusing in on:

As the category is so populated, it’s not always easy to find the best quality (most orders or highest-rated doesn’t always mean the best suited for you in such a subjective category).

My point was that these are two great sellers, top rated seller and super sellers - yet they do not have the highest feedback in the category or appear right at the top of search results. A lot of the advice here was to look for the highest rated or biggest sellers to insure you get the best result. In a subjective industry, that doesn’t always lead to the best result. The mention of the other seller’s was both as a nod to their services and an example of gig.

I myself offer logo design however I didn’t offer it here or write:

“As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a university degree, a strong reputation, was Fiverr’s first ever Super Seller and have been designing professionally for over a decade”

There is a big difference between hat-tipping to others and pushing yourself on a popular thread. Your first comment on this thread started with:

“As a service to those looking for great logo designers I’ll toss my hat into the ring.”

That’s not even referencing the OP, addressing them directly or following other comments. Instead, it is a pitch to “anyone looking for a designer” born from a tangent based on the last paragraph of my reply.

@jonbaas,

The difference between my post and yours here is clear. One includes self-promotion, the other includes a reference to sellers as not only for the gigs that they perform relating to the OP but also as an example reference in my “point”.

To go over it:

In terms of seller’s I’d recommend, I’d personally vouch for @logo_business and @newbold3d. They are both Top Rated Sellers, “Super Sellers” and two guys I’ve had the pleasure of meeting personally. As the category is so populated, it’s not always easy to find the best quality (most orders or highest-rated doesn’t always mean the best suited for you in such a subjective category).

Focusing in on:

As the category is so populated, it’s not always easy to find the best quality (most orders or highest-rated doesn’t always mean the best suited for you in such a subjective category).

My point was that these are two great sellers, top rated seller and super sellers - yet they do not have the highest feedback in the category or appear right at the top of search results. A lot of the advice here was to look for the highest rated or biggest sellers to insure you get the best result. In a subjective industry, that doesn’t always lead to the best result. The mention of the other seller’s was both as a nod to their services and an example of gig.

I myself offer logo design however I didn’t offer it here or write:

“As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a university degree, a strong reputation, was Fiverr’s first ever Super Seller and have been designing professionally for over a decade”

There is a big difference between hat-tipping to others and pushing yourself on a popular thread. Your first comment on this thread started with:

“As a service to those looking for great logo designers I’ll toss my hat into the ring.”

That’s not even referencing the OP, addressing them directly or following other comments. Instead, it is a pitch to “anyone looking for a designer” born from a tangent based on the last paragraph of my reply.

Respectfully, I disagree to a point.

@fonthaunt specifically said the following of your recommendations:

"One of the Fiverr Ambassadors did recommend 2 other sellers who do not use copy/paste. It is self promotion that is “blanket banned.”

She, thus far, has left your recommendations as an example, and that could be seen as Moderator bias, since my OP response was offered from the same well-intentioned helpfulness as were your recommendations – I merely noted that I was a designer as well. NOTE: I did not include any links to my own gigs, nor did I post any promotional ads. I merely noted my willingness to assist the OP based upon my own experience, skills and knowledge as a designer.

Keep in mind too, that you yourself offer a logo design gig as well. So you are a logo designer offering assistance to the OP and others, just as I was doing the same.

That is what I take issue with. She noted your recommendations to be equally inappropriate under the rules, regardless of your good intentions. My response to the OP was of equal intention, where I stated that, hey, yes, I am a professional logo designer as well, and I am happy to help the OP (and others like him) find good, recommended logo designers as well (that provide original work, not not imagery stolen from the internet).

EDIT: I don’t want to keep arguing this issue. It is indeed a tangent. But if it is against the blanket rules for me to offer my assistance in finding great logo designers in line with the OP’s clear request, then it should be equally inappropriate for you to suggest other logo designers by name as well. You are promoting other designers, which is “other-promotion” (in comparison to “self-promotion”).

The only difference between our two good intentions in responding to the OP is that I noted that, “I’m a designer that can help you find other designers”, whereas you specifically posted the names (and message opportunities) of other logo designers that you recommend. If this is an issue of promotion against the forum rules, then we were both breaking those forum rules (as suggested by @fonthaunt herself).

Respectfully, I disagree to a point.

@fonthaunt specifically said the following of your recommendations:

"One of the Fiverr Ambassadors did recommend 2 other sellers who do not use copy/paste. It is self promotion that is “blanket banned.”

She, thus far, has left your recommendations as an example, and that could be seen as Moderator bias, since my OP response was offered from the same well-intentioned helpfulness as were your recommendations – I merely noted that I was a designer as well. NOTE: I did not include any links to my own gigs, nor did I post any promotional ads. I merely noted my willingness to assist the OP based upon my own experience, skills and knowledge as a designer.

Keep in mind too, that you yourself offer a logo design gig as well. So you are a logo designer offering assistance to the OP and others, just as I was doing the same.

That is what I take issue with. She noted your recommendations to be equally inappropriate under the rules, regardless of your good intentions. My response to the OP was of equal intention, where I stated that, hey, yes, I am a professional logo designer as well, and I am happy to help the OP (and others like him) find good, recommended logo designers as well (that provide original work, not not imagery stolen from the internet).

EDIT: I don’t want to keep arguing this issue. It is indeed a tangent. But if it is against the blanket rules for me to offer my assistance in finding great logo designers in line with the OP’s clear request, then it should be equally inappropriate for you to suggest other logo designers by name as well. You are promoting other designers, which is “other-promotion” (in comparison to “self-promotion”).

The only difference between our two good intentions in responding to the OP is that I noted that, “I’m a designer that can help you find other designers”, whereas you specifically posted the names (and message opportunities) of other logo designers that you recommend. If this is an issue of promotion against the forum rules, then we were both breaking those forum rules (as suggested by @fonthaunt herself).

You are reading Maddie’s comment in the wrong phrasing.

She isn’t saying recommending other sellers “is self promotion and is blanket banned”. She is saying that “It’s self promotion which is blanket banned” - the self promotion aspect, not my recommendation. I’m sure @fonthaunt can clarify that for you if you wish. I don’t really want to get into a discussion over semantics.

I do indeed offer a logo design gig - however, there is nothing wrong with commenting on a thread related to work in a category I perform. There is no issue is with assisting others and at no point did I offer my services, try to sell myself or gear the thread to working with me. However, as mentioned, your first comment on this thread was:

“As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.”

If you do not see how this is self promotion, then this is something we’re not going to agree on and you’re going to end up with consistent flags from the community (your post was flagged by multiple users for this reason)

You are trying to switch the argument to that of “trying to help and assist”. There was no issue with you offering to help. The issue was with your opening paragraph, self-promoting your own service.

You are reading Maddie’s comment in the wrong phrasing.

She isn’t saying recommending other sellers “is self promotion and is blanket banned”. She is saying that “It’s self promotion which is blanket banned” - the self promotion aspect, not my recommendation. I’m sure @fonthaunt can clarify that for you if you wish. I don’t really want to get into a discussion over semantics.

I do indeed offer a logo design gig - however, there is nothing wrong with commenting on a thread related to work in a category I perform. There is no issue is with assisting others and at no point did I offer my services, try to sell myself or gear the thread to working with me. However, as mentioned, your first comment on this thread was:

“As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.”

If you do not see how this is self promotion, then this is something we’re not going to agree on and you’re going to end up with consistent flags from the community (your post was flagged by multiple users for this reason)

You are trying to switch the argument to that of “trying to help and assist”. There was no issue with you offering to help. The issue was with your opening paragraph, self-promoting your own service.

Look, I’m not a fan of arguing this point. I respect you, but my concern remains accurate. We were both promoting designers – and assistance to others in that vein – in response to the OP’s clear request: “Is there anyone on Fiverr who does not copy paste stock art?”.

And @fonthaunt has clarified that this is not appropriate on the forums. So, if it was wrong for me to offer my assistance in the way that I did, then it should be equally wrong for you to do the same of other logo designers.

Me indicating that I am a designer that can help others find professional logo designers via my knowledge of the field and what to look for, is indeed the same as you saying, “here are two great logo designers that I recommend for you to work with”. We were both promoting, regardless of how well-intentioned we both were in response to the OP.

For me to be reprimanded for my helpfulness (which @fontfaunt has stated to be inappropriate by the forum rules), and yet you, a Fiverr Ambassador with equally strong Fiverr reputation can promote others can be seen as a level of Moderator bias. I know that wasn’t fonthaunt’s intent, but that is a perspective that could be established by supporting you promoting other designers (with direct links), while I am reprimanded for stating my experience as a designer with knowledge that could be equally helpful to the OP and others (while offering no links or ads).

It’s a matter of taking sides. And if this is the blanket rule that it should be, then promoting other users by name, should be an equal infraction to me stating my experience on the issue (which has been taken to be self-promotion).

I’m merely stating the appearance of this issue.

Look, I’m not a fan of arguing this point. I respect you, but my concern remains accurate. We were both promoting designers – and assistance to others in that vein – in response to the OP’s clear request: “Is there anyone on Fiverr who does not copy paste stock art?”.

And @fonthaunt has clarified that this is not appropriate on the forums. So, if it was wrong for me to offer my assistance in the way that I did, then it should be equally wrong for you to do the same of other logo designers.

Me indicating that I am a designer that can help others find professional logo designers via my knowledge of the field and what to look for, is indeed the same as you saying, “here are two great logo designers that I recommend for you to work with”. We were both promoting, regardless of how well-intentioned we both were in response to the OP.

For me to be reprimanded for my helpfulness (which @fontfaunt has stated to be inappropriate by the forum rules), and yet you, a Fiverr Ambassador with equally strong Fiverr reputation can promote others can be seen as a level of Moderator bias. I know that wasn’t fonthaunt’s intent, but that is a perspective that could be established by supporting you promoting other designers (with direct links), while I am reprimanded for stating my experience as a designer with knowledge that could be equally helpful to the OP and others (while offering no links or ads).

It’s a matter of taking sides. And if this is the blanket rule that it should be, then promoting other users by name, should be an equal infraction to me stating my experience on the issue (which has been taken to be self-promotion).

I’m merely stating the appearance of this issue.

I recommend taking the time to read the forum rules. They can be found here: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

Quick recap for you:

1. Self-promotion is against the forum rules. Your line of “As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.” is self-promotion. A seller recommending another seller is not self-promotion. It is a recommendation. You may argue is is a form of promotion but again, it isn’t “self promotion”.

2. @fonthaunt did indeed clarify but again you are arguing semantics. She said self-promotion was a blanket ban. i.e. “it is a blanket ban”, not the sentence proceeding it. I’m sure she’ll clarify this again for you.

3. “Me indicating that I am a designer that can help others find professional logo designers via my knowledge of the field and what to look for, is indeed the same as you saying” - Again, you are arguing the wrong point. There is no issue with offering to help people use the search etc - the issue was with your opening line of pitching yourself, your background and services to be hired. The thread has been hidden from public view due to the amount of flags it’s received but it’s still available for all the appropriate parties to see - so please don’t try and make out the issue was with something else.

4. I responded to your previous message because you directly called me out and took issue with my account (again - against the Fiverr rules but I didn’t bring that up at the time). I do not wish to get into an argument over what is and isn’t allowed when the rules are clearly stated on this and you were flagged by multiple users.

The OP’s thread title is clearly rhetoric - hence why my recommendation was an ‘after thought’ or last paragraph of my original reply. a simple hat-tip to examples of gigs which don’t copy and paste stock art. Your first reply on this whole thread was to start off by saying “As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.”

I can’t really reply again without repeating myself so I’ll bid you a good night. I apologise to the OP for how one simple thread was taken so far off topic.

I recommend taking the time to read the forum rules. They can be found here: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

Quick recap for you:

1. Self-promotion is against the forum rules. Your line of “As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.” is self-promotion. A seller recommending another seller is not self-promotion. It is a recommendation. You may argue is is a form of promotion but again, it isn’t “self promotion”.

2. @fonthaunt did indeed clarify but again you are arguing semantics. She said self-promotion was a blanket ban. i.e. “it is a blanket ban”, not the sentence proceeding it. I’m sure she’ll clarify this again for you.

3. “Me indicating that I am a designer that can help others find professional logo designers via my knowledge of the field and what to look for, is indeed the same as you saying” - Again, you are arguing the wrong point. There is no issue with offering to help people use the search etc - the issue was with your opening line of pitching yourself, your background and services to be hired. The thread has been hidden from public view due to the amount of flags it’s received but it’s still available for all the appropriate parties to see - so please don’t try and make out the issue was with something else.

4. I responded to your previous message because you directly called me out and took issue with my account (again - against the Fiverr rules but I didn’t bring that up at the time). I do not wish to get into an argument over what is and isn’t allowed when the rules are clearly stated on this and you were flagged by multiple users.

The OP’s thread title is clearly rhetoric - hence why my recommendation was an ‘after thought’ or last paragraph of my original reply. a simple hat-tip to examples of gigs which don’t copy and paste stock art. Your first reply on this whole thread was to start off by saying “As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.”

I can’t really reply again without repeating myself so I’ll bid you a good night. I apologise to the OP for how one simple thread was taken so far off topic.

Promotion is promotion. It is just a matter of who is doing it. I established my experience on the issue, and offered no links to specific services. You established your experience as a veteran Fiverr seller, and listed two other logo designers that you recommend, and linked to them directly (allowing communication and the ability to visit their services).

If I cannot state an offer to assist the OP or other in finding the kinds of great sellers that they are looking for, yet you can (by name), what is to stop this from becoming precedence where anyone can start name-dropping on the forums, and promoting others, so long as they don’t say anything about their own knowledge or experience on a topic.

Such activity is still promotion. Self-promotion is clearly against the forum rules. I am sorry that my offer to help has been viewed in such a light. But promoting others is still promotion – just without the “self”. Perhaps there needs to be better clarification in the forum rules. It seems unduly biased against me to have tried to help in response to the OP – stating my valid experience, but no links to my own work, while another veteran Fiverr Ambassador can promote other sellers by name and forum user-links, and offer direct recommendations for others to work with those sellers.

I’m sorry that you don’t see the similarities in these actions.

And, OP, I’m sorry that your original request has spawned this discussion on fairness, appropriateness, and forum rules. I was merely trying to help according to the your original post, and I offered my experience on the topic, just as @twistedweb123 offered his experience and personal designer recommendations. We were both in the wrong. And I appologize for my part.

And I hope this discussion leads to a stronger clarification of promotion on the forums, in relation to both angles as established within this topic.

Moderator Note by FontHaunt: In regards to the forum rules and guidelines, here are two clear statements that were violated in this thread. They state the rules/guidelines regarding calling others out negatively and on SELF promotion:

Don’t bash Fiverr, Moderators or Customer Support.

and

> Ads, Self-Promotion, Posts with Requests for Sales/Buyers that are posted outside of My Fiverr Gigs may be deleted without warning. Since all users should be aware of the rules on promotion, when moderators lack time to edit/move posts to a correct category the post may instead just be removed.

Suggestions to changes for the forum rules and guidelines may be sent to Customer Support.

As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring (along with the great designers @twistedweb123 suggested). I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.

It can indeed be challenging to find good designers here on Fiverr that match project needs – especially since the market is so saturated. I’m happy to help others find some of those great designers by offering search tips, design advice, and providing recommendations as needed.

Fiverr is a community. We can all work together to help others find what they are looking for.

This debate has gone on long enough and around in a couple of circles. My reason for responding is because of your insinuation that there is bias among the moderators and because I was one who originally responded.

As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring (along with the great designers @twistedweb123 suggested). I have a college degree in design, a strong reputation, and have been designing professionally for nearly two decades.

This is quite clearly self promotion. It was what I thought when I saw it initially, it was what those who flagged it as self promotion thought and it was what @lisabaarns thought when she said she thought you should be allowed to say “I do that”. I mentioned in my initial comment that there is a fine line - the reality is that you were on the wrong side of it.

Initially I didn’t say so on here as I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping it would be left at that, with the comment removed. This was due to the fact that you are a respected, regular member of the forum who’s contributions are valuable and that it was unlikely you were going to self promote again. As you have pushed the subject and are suggesting that there is moderator bias, I feel I have no option but to be quite clear now.

@twistedweb123 did not in any way suggest he was qualified or even willing to do the work for the OP. He mentioned two names of sellers he believed were qualified. This is in stark contrast to your comment quoted above.

I am willing to accept that you may not have done so deliberately but whether you did or not is irrelevant, the text you wrote was self promotion and needed to be removed.

As for the assertion that there is bias, it is simply not possible to compare the comments in question, one is self promotion, the other isn’t. There cannot be bias in this case and I would ask that you refrain from such unfounded assertions.

Jon, I am only replying to you once more because you made outright public accusations toward me, which is against the forum rules and a personal offense to me. I will state what I need to state and then I consider this over. If you don’t wish to participate in the forum with the rules we have in place or with the moderators currently here, that is your choice.

While I admire @twistedweb123, he did promote two specific logo designers. My comment offering to help buyers find great designers was shared in the same way

Adam’s comment was to reference two specific logo designers who do not use copy/paste. It is promotion, but it is NOT self promotion. Since you seem to find this a major problem, I will give you a bit of further information since you are aware of how the moderation team works. A group of moderators did discuss Adam’s post and yours and give them fair consideration. Adam can even tell you himself that I stated that I don’t normally recommend other sellers in a thread outside of MFG because sometimes people misunderstand it. Adam is an adult with a lengthy history on Fiverr and on the forum and is highly respected in his fields. He made a personal decision to leave his post as it was. It is not my place as a fellow moderator to edit his post unless it breaks the actual forum rules. It does not. No one flagged it as such at that time and it’s not that uncommon for people to flag posts made by moderators.

Your first comment on this thread didn’t actually create any big problems to begin with. You clearly did say that

As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring

One of the most common meanings of this phrase (which I am sure you know) is “to announce publicly that you will take part in something such as a competition or an election.” By saying that, you weren’t offering aid to the OP by referral but by offering to take part yourself as a logo designer. That is self promotion, plain and simple. It is against the rules. Before I could even finish reading your post, a user flagged it as spam. By the time another flag followed, it was hidden by the default.

I added a polite reminder about the self-promotion rule and though I could have, I did not address you or call you out by name. Your post was not visible to most regular users at that time, so had you moved on, that would have been the end of it with only a few users having even seen your post at all. Instead, you made the thread about yourself and took off with it, leading gradually to this mess it is now. A different moderator stepped in to clarify and you said you understood. Another user came to your defense since you have experience, and I agreed with the user that I knew you and believed you had experience and skill. Again, you had the opportunity to let the matter go since no one was violating the blanket ban on self promotion except for you.

Instead of moving on, you returned to state that Adam’s (twistedweb123) post should have been edited and you said that it

ould be seen as special Moderator bias to remove my offer of recommendation to those that need help

By doing that you have specifically accused me and others who supported @twistedweb123 of being biased and treating you differently. You again suggested editing Adam’s comment. At this point, this is just silliness and still has no grounds in the actual forum rules. Yes, preference was given to the person who did not break the rules, and the person who did break the rules had a post quickly removed followed by a friendly anonymous statement. I will continue from here on out to be biased when it comes to those who break the rules vs. those who do not. If a moderator breaks the rules the same applies and if I break the rules a moderator or staff person will get involved.

Finally, you said

I in no way suggested that twistedweb123 was breaking the rules and if I had suggested it, I would have hidden his post immediately until I could have spoken with him about it. This is NOT an issue of promotion as you stated, it is an issue of SELF promotion, which is precisely what you did and Adam did not. You called Adam’s actions

equally inappropriate

which is yet another way of calling out a moderator and another seller in a negative light. I did not expect to see this from you.

Now, that’s a long post and one that I probably shouldn’t have bothered to write, but I will not have it suggested that I chose to support a moderator over a non moderator when the reality was a rule breaker over a non rule breaker. I find this offense, I do not appreciate the suggestion or the negative comments made about the forum moderation team. I think it’s shameful that the OP had this happen to his thread because one person had to declare a conflict in the middle of an otherwise calm thread. If you want to discuss this further, you may contact me via forum PM (not inbox) and please do remember that forum PM’s are monitored. I really do not see the point in discussing it further, but I’d rather do so privately than on the public forum. You now have listed flagged spam and you have called out moderators in a negative light. If that was your intent, you have accomplished it. This is the end of my comments to you in this thread. If you want to make complaints about bias on the part of the moderators, you are welcome to submit a ticket to Customer Support and make your accusations there.

Jon, I am only replying to you once more because you made outright public accusations toward me, which is against the forum rules and a personal offense to me. I will state what I need to state and then I consider this over. If you don’t wish to participate in the forum with the rules we have in place or with the moderators currently here, that is your choice.

While I admire @twistedweb123, he did promote two specific logo designers. My comment offering to help buyers find great designers was shared in the same way

Adam’s comment was to reference two specific logo designers who do not use copy/paste. It is promotion, but it is NOT self promotion. Since you seem to find this a major problem, I will give you a bit of further information since you are aware of how the moderation team works. A group of moderators did discuss Adam’s post and yours and give them fair consideration. Adam can even tell you himself that I stated that I don’t normally recommend other sellers in a thread outside of MFG because sometimes people misunderstand it. Adam is an adult with a lengthy history on Fiverr and on the forum and is highly respected in his fields. He made a personal decision to leave his post as it was. It is not my place as a fellow moderator to edit his post unless it breaks the actual forum rules. It does not. No one flagged it as such at that time and it’s not that uncommon for people to flag posts made by moderators.

Your first comment on this thread didn’t actually create any big problems to begin with. You clearly did say that

As a service to those looking for great logo designers, I’ll toss my hat into the ring

One of the most common meanings of this phrase (which I am sure you know) is “to announce publicly that you will take part in something such as a competition or an election.” By saying that, you weren’t offering aid to the OP by referral but by offering to take part yourself as a logo designer. That is self promotion, plain and simple. It is against the rules. Before I could even finish reading your post, a user flagged it as spam. By the time another flag followed, it was hidden by the default.

I added a polite reminder about the self-promotion rule and though I could have, I did not address you or call you out by name. Your post was not visible to most regular users at that time, so had you moved on, that would have been the end of it with only a few users having even seen your post at all. Instead, you made the thread about yourself and took off with it, leading gradually to this mess it is now. A different moderator stepped in to clarify and you said you understood. Another user came to your defense since you have experience, and I agreed with the user that I knew you and believed you had experience and skill. Again, you had the opportunity to let the matter go since no one was violating the blanket ban on self promotion except for you.

Instead of moving on, you returned to state that Adam’s (twistedweb123) post should have been edited and you said that it

ould be seen as special Moderator bias to remove my offer of recommendation to those that need help

By doing that you have specifically accused me and others who supported @twistedweb123 of being biased and treating you differently. You again suggested editing Adam’s comment. At this point, this is just silliness and still has no grounds in the actual forum rules. Yes, preference was given to the person who did not break the rules, and the person who did break the rules had a post quickly removed followed by a friendly anonymous statement. I will continue from here on out to be biased when it comes to those who break the rules vs. those who do not. If a moderator breaks the rules the same applies and if I break the rules a moderator or staff person will get involved.

Finally, you said

I in no way suggested that twistedweb123 was breaking the rules and if I had suggested it, I would have hidden his post immediately until I could have spoken with him about it. This is NOT an issue of promotion as you stated, it is an issue of SELF promotion, which is precisely what you did and Adam did not. You called Adam’s actions

equally inappropriate

which is yet another way of calling out a moderator and another seller in a negative light. I did not expect to see this from you.

Now, that’s a long post and one that I probably shouldn’t have bothered to write, but I will not have it suggested that I chose to support a moderator over a non moderator when the reality was a rule breaker over a non rule breaker. I find this offense, I do not appreciate the suggestion or the negative comments made about the forum moderation team. I think it’s shameful that the OP had this happen to his thread because one person had to declare a conflict in the middle of an otherwise calm thread. If you want to discuss this further, you may contact me via forum PM (not inbox) and please do remember that forum PM’s are monitored. I really do not see the point in discussing it further, but I’d rather do so privately than on the public forum. You now have listed flagged spam and you have called out moderators in a negative light. If that was your intent, you have accomplished it. This is the end of my comments to you in this thread. If you want to make complaints about bias on the part of the moderators, you are welcome to submit a ticket to Customer Support and make your accusations there.

I apologize for the offense my concerns have caused. I felt that they were legitimate concerns worth discussing, but I do apologize for any lines I stepped across. I will not address this issue further.

Archived