So this is the new Forum

cyaxrex

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, don’t want people to make that mistake.

Also, this is a new pop-up for me…

31f59adc71be5724f00dd774fea885ab141aa984.PNG

Does anyone feel I haven’t let them share their viewpoint?

Computerbot says you are talking too much. Might mean 24hrs in the cooler box.

EDIT: computerbox is also a little patronizing. Take that computerbot.

Ok, am I doing something wrong when it comes to replying to people? I feel like I just did a huge faux pas

@cyaxrex You aren’t doing anything wrong, the posts just go to the bottom and have a little arrow pointing to who you replied to. Also, you are probably locked out by now and if you are, sorry about that! The volunteers didn’t do that (lol) so blame the vendor. The first day you are seen as “new” and you get locked out for 24 hours after some small number of replies. To anyone in the thread with that problem, I promise, after the 24 hours it’s much better. I don’t know exactly what the numbers are after first day, but it takes a LOT to get locked out after that initial issue. (So far even ***** hasn’t been locked out a second time. 😉 )

Exactly, don’t want people to make that mistake.

Also, this is a new pop-up for me…

31f59adc71be5724f00dd774fea885ab141aa984.PNG

Does anyone feel I haven’t let them share their viewpoint?

Oh wow fun popup. Our big brother is looking over our shoulders a lot when we’re reading and writing on the forum. Keep doing that Eoin, maybe there´s a secret forum badge to be won if you get a certain percentage!

The forum software dev guys who came up with these things must have been having a great time lol.

Guest capitalquality

Okay, that 24 hour thing is a little irritating but I guess I didn’t have anything else interesting to say.

I have also now noticed that you can see the edits other make to their posts/replies. This could be … interesting.

Okay, that 24 hour thing is a little irritating but I guess I didn’t have anything else interesting to say.

I have also now noticed that you can see the edits other make to their posts/replies. This could be … interesting.

Sneaky note: If you are locked out (unless you are banned) you can still edit your posts. Technically that could lead to endless fun if you don’t write anything flagworthy, although the thread becomes confusing when it’s done. Note: SOMEONE who got locked out discovered that and the thread is now a disaster. Don’t tell anyone these secrets.

Guest capitalquality

Sneaky note: If you are locked out (unless you are banned) you can still edit your posts. Technically that could lead to endless fun if you don’t write anything flagworthy, although the thread becomes confusing when it’s done. Note: SOMEONE who got locked out discovered that and the thread is now a disaster. Don’t tell anyone these secrets.

What? But wait… does that mean that you can edit your post infinitely, turning it into a different conversation each time? (I did see a very confusing thread earlier that only made some sense when I looked at the edited posts)

What? But wait… does that mean that you can edit your post infinitely, turning it into a different conversation each time? (I did see a very confusing thread earlier that only made some sense when I looked at the edited posts)

My guess is that edits would eventually hit a limit sort of the way likes/hearts do. The system is set up to give gradual leeway. I have seen maybe 5 edits on one post by a level 1 forum user and they cleared without an issue.

I think the like limit is 21 for an average user on their 2nd day in the forum. I’m curious to see what other screenshots people post, like the one Eoin got. I should start a topic for that!

My guess is that edits would eventually hit a limit sort of the way likes/hearts do. The system is set up to give gradual leeway. I have seen maybe 5 edits on one post by a level 1 forum user and they cleared without an issue.

I think the like limit is 21 for an average user on their 2nd day in the forum. I’m curious to see what other screenshots people post, like the one Eoin got. I should start a topic for that!

I think the like limit is 21 for an average user on their 2nd day in the forum

I gave 50 likes on the first day!

Interesting or boring, if it´s people like me who will go back and edit typos out, if they notice them later 😉

But the editing thing really is something else. In another forum I frequent, many forums have edit functions for posts, and it´s a very useful function too (if not abused), it´s good practice to:

blahblahblah…

edit: newblah

I usually do that, if I don´t just correct a typo, but write something entirely new, at least if it´s a later edit, when I´ve just written something and have an afterthought, I might just add it, and hope nobody read and replied to it already in the time it takes me.

What baffled me, was, when I saw you can edit your private messages, that´s something I´ve never seen before and find pretty weird.

ETA (edited to add ;)):

I´ve seen forums where users edited their posts in the not so good kind, but forgot that someone had quoted the parts of the posts they edited, so, yes, it can get interesting. 😉

To be fair, writer, that is just a top trump as far as shoehorning stuff into a post is concerned. A bit like that guy on the plane--who was a lawyer--who went ape at Ivanka for flying on a regular plane and not TrumpJets.

Anyway--I'll start a political threat tomorrow (or you can now) for this stuff.

EDIT: spot the typo.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.View hidden content.

^^^^^^ THIS is the thing that intrigues me whenever I see it, especially when it’s about emmaki or writer’s posts. Funny that you can still see what it was anyway. It’s not actually hidden then is it?

Guest capitalquality

Interesting or boring, if it´s people like me who will go back and edit typos out, if they notice them later 😉

But the editing thing really is something else. In another forum I frequent, many forums have edit functions for posts, and it´s a very useful function too (if not abused), it´s good practice to:

blahblahblah…

edit: newblah

I usually do that, if I don´t just correct a typo, but write something entirely new, at least if it´s a later edit, when I´ve just written something and have an afterthought, I might just add it, and hope nobody read and replied to it already in the time it takes me.

What baffled me, was, when I saw you can edit your private messages, that´s something I´ve never seen before and find pretty weird.

ETA (edited to add ;)):

I´ve seen forums where users edited their posts in the not so good kind, but forgot that someone had quoted the parts of the posts they edited, so, yes, it can get interesting. 😉

I’m going to use the edit option for secret/not-so-secret hidden/not-so-hidden messages. I’m going to edit everything. I’m going to post ‘That was a stupid opinion and you are an idiot’, then instantly edit it to ‘That’s an interesting idea.’ Readers will have to hit the edit button to see if I’ve truly lost my marbles or not.

I’m going to use the edit option for secret/not-so-secret hidden/not-so-hidden messages. I’m going to edit everything. I’m going to post ‘That was a stupid opinion and you are an idiot’, then instantly edit it to ‘That’s an interesting idea.’ Readers will have to hit the edit button to see if I’ve truly lost my marbles or not.

I don’t know how to see the edits of others but some of mine might be embarrassing.

Guest capitalquality

I don’t know how to see the edits of others but some of mine might be embarrassing.

In the top right hand corner of the post, next to the 1h, 1d etc. thing, there’s a pen/pencil symbol if someone’s edited their post. You can click on it and see the edits.

Archived