So this is the new Forum

cyaxrex

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the top right hand corner of the post, next to the 1h, 1d etc. thing, there’s a pen/pencil symbol if someone’s edited their post. You can click on it and see the edits.

You can click on it and see the edits.

This is interesting too. I had been always wondering, why in the old forum there wasn´t any symbol showing, when posts got edited, because, with very good reason, in all forums I’m in else you could see one.

So, when someone first says this and later claims that, and ‘it gets interesting’ 😉

But I don´t know another forum where you can see the actual edits, that´s a first for me here. Usually it´s you edit a post, and somewhere on the post you get ‘edited date/time of edit’ as a footnote or so, and usually (like here too) people can choose from a dropdown a reason for the edit, so ‘edited for typos’ for example is something you see all the time. Though can´t control that it was actually for a typo (unless you took a screenshot of course ;)) unlike here.

I’m going to use the edit option for secret/not-so-secret hidden/not-so-hidden messages. I’m going to edit everything. I’m going to post ‘That was a stupid opinion and you are an idiot’, then instantly edit it to ‘That’s an interesting idea.’ Readers will have to hit the edit button to see if I’ve truly lost my marbles or not.

Yes I got in a nice little political rant and then edited it out in the post about

the year 2016 being a great year.

I see that somehow my edit was removed and can’t be seen there now.

Yes I got in a nice little political rant and then edited it out in the post about

the year 2016 being a great year.

I see that somehow my edit was removed and can’t be seen there now.

I’m glad I got to read it first. However, yes, I think the delete option hides it from public view although I haven’t tested it. Google might cache it too, but probably not that fast.

Archived