Life of Agony :(

rabbee

This is my first post at the forum. I never posted before & right now I am facing a major crisis. I hope, everybody will try to understand my situation here. I was a 2nd level seller at Fiverr. My section was Market research. I am working here from 11 months ago and I have done more than 450 successful works. My customer feedback rating was also high, 4.9. Now, suddenly I woke up in a morning & then discovered that my gig was denied ! how this is possible ?Well, a Buyer(Basically Seller) complained at customer care against me, that was totally baseless. He gave me some criteria & I provided that. That took 48 long hours and 28 pages. He gave me to do market research, not to write any novel or article. That task was to find specific threat for a company , he gave me 17 lists and I collected those info from their websites. He didn’t take it & complained at customer care. They didnt even warn me, they just remove my GIG ! I can’t believe that, they did with me , with e regular worker, who is working his ass off for his career. Seriously, NOT A SINGLE WARNING ? Didn’t I deserve that ? what do you think ? At first, they told me I did a plagiarized report. But, my report was unique. I gave the screenshot of my conversation with that buyer and showed actually what he wanted! Later I asked my gig back and they told me I broke copyright ! Seriously ? I have been working here from 11 months, have completed more than 450 successful task & they are saying I don’t know what is copyright ! I don’t know, is this a joke or what ? At first they told me it was plagiarized, now they are telling me it was copyright issue. Next, what ??? why they are telling different stories ? But, the main point is , they did not even warn me . This is how they treat a seller ??? I can open another GIG, how my trust issue got hampered by this incident. I was a top seller in my section, this is my JOB . My whole family depends on this . I don’t know what should I do ? It’s just like a sudden punch on my face , outta nowhere ! I can’t take that. Freelancing is my job, passion, life and goal. You already know, creating a new GIG and establishing that like this, becoming a top rated and top level seller is not easy. I had to work hard for that. My regular earning was huge. Suggest me, what should I do now ? They should check the whole incident, the conversation and requirements of buyer and my work and they should take a decision then. Didn’t I deserve a warning before denying my GIG ? I am sad and very frustrated after this, I didn’t expect this from Fiverr. I loved fiverr, that’s why I choose it over over others. I used to earn 2500/3500 per month. Now, suddenly this is happening. I don’t know is this a nightmare or not .
From the beginning I only wanted to work here, at fiverr. Because, i respect this business, that’s why I choose this. So, I would be very pleased if they take a serious consideration about this. I have strong proof & I can give those attachments here. My humble request, that , they should give my GIG back

I’m sorry that you are experiencing frustration. However, in the screenshot of your discussion with Customer Support, Sean (Fiverr CS) noted the following:

“I reviewed your gig and see that it was removed for copyright violations. The Gig cannot be resubmitted again so you will need to start a new one. Please make sure the services you are offering and the gig itself comply with our Terms of Service…”

Further up the conversation, Nicole (Fiverr CS) explained why they took action against your gig. She stated: “This Gig was denied due to providing plagiarized work for your orders. Users are expected to provide their own material when delivering orders. Providing copied work… is both extremely unfair to your buyers, as well as against our Terms of Service.”

You have your answers. If you start a new gig for this service, don’t copy work from other sources and call it your own. That is, most definitely, illegal and against the terms of Fiverr. Be 100% original. Deliver 100% original work.

I had to collect info from website, right ? Let’s see the requirement buyer asked . What did he want ? Competitor Analysis. I go through their websites and collected information’s With References. How can this be a copy or plagiarized ? You expect me to create information for an established website. Should I create their values, mission statement, location by my own or should I collect those info from their official website, with references ?

For example, if you ask a report about coca cola, their strength, mission, vision. Should I write those by myself or should I collect those from their website with reference. Is this copy ? Should I have to write mission, vision, marketing strategy of Coke by myself ?

Third update… Do you tell me what can i do ??
My Gig already remove. I explain about all things all my ways. Without sleep i’m here for your reply.
First you told me it was plagiarized, then it was copy right. Now, it’s violation ? I would be very happy and satisfied I’d you give me an explanation. Different times, different talks won’t help me here. You must tell me clearly, it will help me in the future. I don’t want to do repetitive mistakes again and again. So, please let me know, here what did exactly I do ? What was the violation ?
For the sake of my career, my earning way, my family, please consider again & give me my loving old gig back .

My English is not that good & I am not very fast.

Please note that you posted the buyers username and confidential data so it was removed from the forum. It is evident from what you posted that the buyer asked you to keep the info private and you agreed.

The buyer appeared to be polite in your own screen shot. Even if the buyer was refunded (were they?) it shows a lack of professionalism to agree to confidentiality and then post their messages on the forum in violation of the forum rules. Do not post the buyers name again.

They are all telling you the same thing over and over. When you copy content directly from a site without listing source credits, that is both plagiarism (copying) and copyright violation (failing to cred the source.)

You managed to get 3 CS reps involved and you sent them the same message repeatedly. If you are not careful, they will block your ability to submit tickets.

I’m sorry this happened to you and it’s hard and perhaps you misunderstood what the buyer wanted. I am not sure how you even know which buyer it was that complained. Regardless, once 3 CS reps review your case and agree something was wrong, there is nothing you can do.

CS suggested that you make a new gig. You can be successful again if you are good at. Just take special care to either avoid direct copying or make it clear you are sending data you found online and list your sources.

One other bit of advice for you - it sounds like you are heavily relying on Fiverr alone as full time income and that one gig was critical to you. I will give you blunt but well-meant advice.

It’s a good time to consider that depending on Fiverr is dangerous since it’s a single platform that could break or go down any day. Relying so much on one gig is also too risky. I suggest you diversify on Fiverr and make sure you have a back out plan. Read more on the forum now that you are here. If you skip over spam and fluff, there is a lot to learn here.

Your profile says: “A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether.” This is right. Good luck!

I have not read your messages because they give me no context. I am sorry you experienced this. I had a gig deleted for good cause. It was one of my best sellers. I was upset, but I had other gigs, and I created new gigs and moved on. It happens to the best of us. If you do research, than you probably have other talents you can build gigs off of. If you are frustrated and distrust this platform, there are others to try. Although, this is the best platform in my experience.

Guest article_profits

‘plagiarism’ is synonymous to ‘copyright violation’. If you didn’t break those rules, fiverr wouldn’t remove your gig. I’ll advise to move on and don’t stop believing in yourself.

I understand your frustration, but what you are doing here is talking to yourself the whole time. Just face the fact that your gig is gone and will never return. Nobody over at CS will change that.

I also totally agree with @fonthaunt, don’t put all your eggs into one basket.
It was just yesterday that I personally realized that I have client outside of this platvorm who is responsible for the biggest amount of my monthly income. This is quite risky, because when he goes down, I go down with him.

The most important thing, especially in your situation is thinking solution focused and not problem focused. Even if you still had that gig, you would have the problem that it is your biggest $-earner.
For me, the safest strategy is to look for new sources of income when everything is still fine and everything seems like it should be. There is only one thing certain, and this is that it WILL end at a certain point.
Every time when I have something going that works very well, I already go for a hunt to replace that one and make it replaceable. I guess that some insights come with the age. I remember having an effing well paid corporate job and feeling comfortable for years. I didn’t look for anything else because I loved it. But one day the wrecking ball struck and everything was gone. (Had this with 2 corporate jobs actually 😦 )
However, be prepared for change and try to solve problems before they even occur.

Success with all of that!

Guest fiverrcraze

Hi, i really fell sad for you, and i know how hard its to recover from it,
Fiverr support doesnt have that much time to investigate whole issues but my thinking is they tooks complain very seriously at the same time they should consider if they do something unfair to the seller, Assume that, one of my compitor or bad friend who ever bought a gig and then i delivered and he complained that provided copid work etc? and fiverr will take it in notice and remove the gig ? How they do this without thinking i have no idea,
Buyers are source of money, and sellers who makes them real for them and for fiverr. so they deserve some support,
I would suggest do what they suggest and make new service,
Be more aware,
Regards

Archived