Beware of too friendly buyers

abhirgb

Yes, although we sellers like to get buyers that have friendly attitude as it makes easy conversation but in some case you wouldn’t like to deal with some of them.

Read my story…

10 days ago, I got custom order request from a new buyer on fiverr. He was too much friendly (mentioning bro, brother all the time). He wanted to do a simple animation of few slide which is not what my gig offers but because it was simple I took that job.

After delivering him the final output, he immediately asked for a revision(he didn’t even see the video, coz the video was of 1min length and he clicked request revision in less than 10sec) and said give me an hour and I will get back to you with changes. He came back after half a day almost and gave me a complete new animation, yes all the points that was mentioned while he order the gig for first time changed to something else.

He had placed order for 1min video, and the changes he asked was 6min of work. I asked him to cancel, but he lurked me with GOOD RATINGS. that was the worst decision I ever made. I accepted his changes as he was quite friendly and also promised me a good rating.

Now I submitted again the new video, got reject. Again n again. With some silly mistakes he is pointing like the arrow color is bit dark can it be 1 shade lighter? He was just trying to piss me off and cancel the order now as he got both the version of the video in hand.

I stayed cool. I gave him all the changes he asked. Then after 3 revisions. He asked me change the animation of a project file that he sent me (done from someone else on fiverr) and previously said just to put it in final render. This is not something I agreed to do.

I said I can’t do this anymore, take refund. He said no, need of refund. Please forward me the project file of the video you did for me and I will leave a good feedback for your good work. I submitted the project files, video, everything. He gone offline for 3 days now he came back when the order was automatically completed and left a 1.7 star rating for no reason…

This is my first negative review on fiverr, and it is completely my fault. I shouldn’t have delivered him all the files openly like this. I tried reaching customer support, no help.

So guys, please make sure you take necessary steps before delivering this type of public the final output. And if someone says from the beginning I will give you good feedback do this job for less price, or please do this change don’t worry about rating it’s going to be good as you work hard - don’t accept work from them. For just few dollars you’ll damage your profile.

Good luck

Totally agree on that. The moment when my gut says “No” I will not work for the buyer. No matter what the order value is.
If one calls me ‘Bro’ I usually tell them that they watch to many movies. With all my professional clients I have a very friendly contact but there are limits. If one gets to “cool” the deal is off. It’s the sign on the horizon that a big load of shit is coming.
Just recently I noticed that things will not go as expected. The buyer got friendlier with every message. It was a bigger project that we splitted in several custom offers as I limited the amount of work I do on Fiverr. When te buyer gave me a 4,5 star rating I decided not to proceed with this project. I know I left a couple of hundred bucks on the table, but the project was deadly boring and annoying and my gut said “No” at a certain point.
Also, if one starts asking stupid questions or says that it is the start of a long range of orders, I send them away. Last week I had this guy asking for the price of a certain amount of words. I told him that my packages explain this perfectly. He kept coming back tyring to negotiate and I told him that as stated in my FAQ’s my prices are not negotiable.
In the end he asked for a custom offer. He sent me his text and I had a look at it. It was very bad English, so I told him that in order to translate this, it would have to be corrected first, what of course would make the price higher. So before I even made him a custom offer I told him the lowest price that it would cost and he left me alone. This is also a nice way to get rid of this kind of people.

My suggestion is fiverr should take action against those people who is chit the sellers.and give negative feedback without any reasons.The buyer file complain against the sellers and the fiverr take action against the seller with close eyes.There are many people who’s account is disable.this is very very wrong terms of fiverr without hearing both sides fiverr take action because the Buyer saying.

Yes. “No” means “No”.

For some “special kind” of buyers this is completely unimaginable.

Specially for the “bros”, “friends” and “amigos” with completely unacceptable behavior from the beginning a “no” is something they have never ever expected.

After a „No!“ they very often send continuous messages (they are talking with themselves, from a certain point, basically), where they explain that they don´t understand, why "you don´t do what I want - I pay you money“…

Especially the „money“ or „ah you don´t want to work“ thing is quite popular under my compatriots 😦

Guys: It is not all about money! Especially if you as a seller think, that you won´t see this money so you will work for free.

It´s called risk management!

Especially if you are offering services like me you will get real “great” stuff in your inbox.

The classic are these people who want me to promote her fraud webpage (e.g. stolen content combined with phishing/spy/ad/whatever ware) and ask directly to also rip off Fiverr.

When you answer them something like “ok, let´s resume: You want me as your accomplice in some kind of criminal act?", they often still didn´t get whats wrong with them… It is indeed impressive, that some people obviously don´t know, and don´t want to know, what is “wrong” and what is “right”.

yep, I work on other platform too. They all have 50-50 favors for buyers and sellers. Fiverr is the only platform where buyer gets the complete favor, from leaving feedback to filling a dispute with paypal even after years of work completion.

in other platform you get happy when you get large order say more than $1000 but in fiverr you think twice, thrice before accepting such large job. As the buyer have 100% freedom to call up the money anytime after completion of work…

this is bad, so bad. 😦

This happens to me as well… a few days I got an order of 3d-mockup, The buyer asked for 4 different angles, my GIG allows only 1 angle. Anyways as a new seller here, I did not bargain much and started working. After 4 5 revisions with more angles, he gave me 4.4 rating which really hurt me. I worked 10 times more than I usually do on this money but still got not the best rating…

But we cannot do much it is Fiverr for Buyers 😃

I agree and I am sure every seller might have come across this kind of buyer once in a while. I also come across one such buyer on whose presentation I worked for almost 12-15 days. Every time she come up with new text, pics, design ideas to be added in the existing one, till the day when I asked her politely to add extra gig for the revision. Anyway the best part was that she was satisfied at the end, so no bad remark. I think its better to cancel the order and return the money at your end in such situation, rather than expecting the buyer to cancel it as you might get the money but with bad feedback.

It is a shame. It reminds me of an encounter with a client on PayPal. They made the decision in the client’s favor without even listening to my side of the story. I hope fiverr doesn’t go down that road. The buyers pay the money but they get their cut from what we earn. They should therefore listen to what we have to say at least.

Hey

Sorry about what happened. This happened to me also in a different way.

There was a buyer asking me to provide a sample and after confirming he will give me the order. I was looking for orders those days to level up. So I did and sent. He took the file and said Thank you for your time and gone. Since then I will never provide samples without watermarking.

2 days after I saw that buyer was online and I asked him what is he doing exactly. He said " I am leaning to communicate English."

So be aware of buyers. All of them whose sending messages are not always up to business. So don’t waste your time for useless people.

absolutely. some of them are even worse than this. I have encountered buyers who thinks animation is just copy pasting, so recently I had to work for a buyer who though purchased 3 revision but not it’s been more than 5 and still the order is under process… according to him syncing voiceover with video is nothing but just laying the voiceover file on video… and the worst part is he is not ready to accept cancellation… I guess they too knows that fiverr is for them and always will.

yes watermarking is necessary.
And the fiverr default system to watermark video is just useless. when buyer play the video from order page, fiverr puts a watermark on video playback. But right beside the playback there is an option to download the video without accepting the order. If you do that, there will be no watermark on the video. I mean what are you guys up to fiverr?

Archived