My days on Fiverr seems to be over

deepakkochhar

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a bug of some sort that removes a gig from listings completely after you’ve updated it’s description. So might want to think if your sales stopped after updating yours. I noticed this today when I added a FAQ to my gig. Then I added a FAQ to a second gig as well and that also vanished instantly. Don’t want to prove my point by trying it with a third gig as well 😛

Reported it to support, so they may be able to fix it hopefully for everyone affected.

Indeed. Fiverr is taken a lot. 20%?!

Damn that’s legal stealing 😕

It should be way less. It would be justice.

I would accept 20 for level 1.
But for level 2 it should bring benefits and get down to 10%

And for top rate it should get to 5%.

Plus… They keep too with some % when the client buy something to us.

Even the tip they get 20%!
No tip should be commissioned!
At least for all tips with a value less then the job itself!

But well… They are wolves… We are just dogs…

Well… I’m on fiverr working for 2 years and this month was my best month ever. Since July my orders keeps coming and coming. But to be honest… I’m really good at what I do. I’m probably the best one there.

And that my friends is what can bring you value. It takes a while to get the first clients. But if you work hard for a penny’s in the end it will pay off.

And for me it was 2 year of sacrifice.
How much time are you able to suffer?

Ps: do what you love, and do it with passion. You will be rewarded.

Well, time and tide wait for none. But it doesn’t mean one should lose hope. Lots of good people here have already put up invaluable information. The only thing that may keep the moral up in bad days is to never give up. No matter what. Find your ways of doing things that may work. With faith your mind is open to think out of the box and to try new things. If you lose hope, you’re closed within and can’t think on the possibilities which could turn into opportunities in no time. Just hang on!

Somethings up with fiverr and im not very happy either…I am also a level 1 seller and used to do alot of work and all of a sudden not a single order, and its not the first time it has happened to me…I really believe that once the get they’re cash they take you out of the feed…But my biggest problem is that I ordered they’re Fiverr card for my funds, and I have had 16 dollars in the in my revenue and they wont let me transfer the money to my card because its not 20 dollars or higher…I wonder how many other people this is happening to, because they must be raking in the interest on all this money in their account =(

I am also facing a problem and now thinking that I trusted fiverr too much. I had to do a partial refund and since the fiverr doesn’t do partial refund, they told me that they will assist me to cancel the original order and just place another order covering the amount I won’t refund (because it’s the payment for the finished works).

I even doubted the process and asked them if they could only take the amount to be refunded from my account then they would just send it to the client through paypal in my stead. They said it should only be done through fiverr.

And so, I decided to follow their plan which I now see as a very stupid decision. After I explained to the client the whole process and she said she’s ready. And so I gave fiverr a go signal and the original order got cancelled and the funds amounting to $375 went back to her. And I sent her the order, told her to accept it but she refused. I messaged her and she told me she’s not interested anymore and ran away with the money. She’s ignoring my messages and plead.

I contacted fiverr and they can’t force her to return the money nor corner her to return the money. And they won’t reply to me now I’m asking them to pay for the damage it has cost.

I need the money really bad and this all issue caused my account to go negative. Now I have to work to fill in that damage. Moreover, I provide for my family and my dad lives on oxygen tanks which costs a lot. And I am now running low on funds and I am afraid that I won’t be able to buy oxygen tank for my dad soon without any assistance.

Please help me.

That’s pretty sad! But it’s not the end of the world. Many sellers have been in the same situation with a negative balance. But if you keep providing quality service, people will keep purchasing your service and in no time you have a balance again.

If you think that will take too long to provide for your family, you should consider a side job if Fiverr is not eating all your time.

You’re just not protected in this scenario, as you’ve found out. My only advice is never do this–although I doubt you will again, after this experience. On the plus side, your “buyer” will hopefully have some hefty karmic payback at some point in the future. It won’t pay the bills, nor will it make you feel better, but that’s about the best approach you can have to this sucky situation. @adsensewizard has some good advice for moving forward.

Meanwhile, just remember that your “buyer” is hurtling towards bad times. They lost, really.

Damn, happend to me too! I had top rated and far best and effective service in my subcategorly while rest of sellers did spam on FB groups. I was having 10-15 orders in queue everyday. That was like 1 month and from that I earned 1800. As I was reading some fiverr stories I thought im on that road to be one of them. Then suddenly I went down to last sellers - had to scroll down like a manianc to findmyself. I have contacted support and I have been told to promote myelf on SM and some other sites to get better results, also to rank better in fiverr search tab. From that moment on I was doing so and all my recent sales are from promoting myself on SM, none is from fiverr itself. I had 46k impressions before that, now Im having 1500 - 4000 past 10 months.

However, I didnt just quit and stop working on fiverr. With new gigs and promoting my self (as marketing expert) Im still able to earn 280$ - 500$ per month on fiverr, but it could be 1500$ like I had already unfortunately just for a month.

• 11 months later...

$115 for premium packages really???

change your package prices, if you want new order daily

Buyers can get whole website designed in 100$ with logo, banners, social sites and much more.

In 115$ I am giving Logo, Unlimited revisions, Social media Banners and complete brand identity. I think its not expensive?

Oh, don’t give up. I looked at your gigs and they are great. At least give it through the holidays. I think your custom Christmas card gig is a fantastic idea! If you can swing it, maybe try some Facebook ads for that gig. I don’t know if that gig allows packages but it would be a great one for one image, two images, collage type packages. If you can offer some stock designs that are totally different from places like Winkflash and others that that offer Christmas cards, I think you are on to something. It also looks likes you have room for a bunch more gigs. How about Baby’s First Birthday cards, Graduation announcements, Birthday party invitations, etc.

I will surely do this on coming Christmas and will create a Halloween gig too!

Unfortunately, I feel the same. I am very thankful to Fiverr since it was of huge help for the past year, especially since I live in a fairly poor country where even $5 means A LOT. However, the last two months were awful. Averaging $30 per month only. I also used to wake up with 2-3 orders but now it seems like a dream, for real… I don’t know what to do. I got some 3/4 stars ratings for not being able to deliver early, got some unexplainable negative reviews as well. But I still have good overall rating. Then I activated vacation mode on for 10 days because I didn’t want to disappoint more customers (I had zero free time because of college obligations). And after that, my gigs simply disappeared from search engine. Hopefully Fiverr will take them up a bit soon, but I am really not sure about that!

@vule97 Actually all credit goes to the new Fiverr search algorithm.

Archived