My days on Fiverr seems to be over

deepakkochhar

As freelancer you have to reinvent yourself over and over again. In times were orders coming in easily you already have to plan for the opposite situation. It doesn’t even have to be in the same field.

The worst adviser in this situation is fear or desperation.
I had an exceptional good month in August with my private clients outside of this platform. I worked a lot and earned nearly 3 times as much as I do usually. But you never have the security that it stays that way.

Therefore you have to dig deeper all of the time.
This month looks different due to seasonal stuff that is going on. Orders coming in a little slow and when they come they are not as large as last month.
In first instance I decided to nothing and wait a couple of days before taking any decision. Acting impulsive can have terrible side effects
Honestly I didn’t know exactly what to do, until I had a look into the terms I had agreed on with some clients. I just decided to raise the price for one of my clients. I didn’t discussed it, I just did. So when I sent them the prices for their recent order, I handled the new price. Guess what! They didn’t even mentioned it and just send me the money. They do this all of the time btw. Sometimes they even tip me.

And while I still have some spare time this month and earn more for less work, I’m diving into other ventures on the side line. Remember you always need to reinvent yourself and discover new possibilities. If you want to keep the freedom that freelancing brings you, you don’t have a choice.

But do it in a relaxed state of mind. Keep calm and act solution focused.
It will work.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other problem with big prices is that buyers end up expecting too much. Say you pay me $15 for one day delivery, great, that doesn’t mean I’m going to work 2-hours on your order, that only means you’re going to get it in less than 24-hours. Buyers don’t understand that, and the more creative/subjective your gig is, the more demanding they get.

With proofreading, nobody gives me any problems. Radio? Most people hate writing radio so they usually like what I write for them. But brand names or company names? Hell on freaking earth! This month I’ve lost $68 from refunds. We’re talking about $20, $35, and $30 orders.

I don’t know what to do anymore, I’ve changed my gig description several times now and I keep getting bad buyers. Even when I do revisions, it doesn’t matter, they ask for more revisions! I did two revisions for an SOB and he wanted another one. Sure, he loses nothing, he just hires someone else.

So as you can see, even when you’re TRS life isn’t so easy on Fiverr.

Hi
First of all remember this is a business. read all the biggest success stories in the world. best example Tesla he put all his pay pal revenue into the tesla company and did not even have money to pay rent. Pokemon Go overnight success took 2o years of hard work. So, if you are giving up now well then, it will be the end. But there are major changes you can do like some of your packages are sky high. You are competing with 1000’s of sellers giving the same offers for cheaper price.

Nothing is easy so you have to endure it and try hard and hang in there. Sun will eventually come out of its hiding.

Guest adnan4mi

i think that it is not good place to earn we are wasting our time for someone to give us order for just few coins all the success stories on world not working on fiverr so think beyond fiver

Thanks for sharing your story, like everyone said do not give up. I believe if you continue something will happen soon. Also, your story opened my eyes to a few things. My Fiverr business is just beginning to pick up, however, school starts back for me in October and I was planning to go on vacation for some time. After reading this post I am wondering if that such a good idea.
Also, I was just about to add some packages to my gigs, how effective has this been for everyone?

Guest voicetex

I have a feeling that you misunderstood Buyer Requests.
There are people out there who need a service you provide. THEY post a buyer request and you see it.
Answer it. You might get the job.
Keep going!

Hey don’t quit on yourself ever. We all have to face ups and downs but we should not let such things affect our self esteem or confidence ever. Keep believing in yourself. You are not the only one who is experiencing the dry period, so dont think its over for you. You never know when sales will start showering. Fiverr often surprises you 🙂

Guest voicetex

Same for voiceover.
I have a gig that explicitly states “nonbroadcast” in the title and describe in the gig that you can use this for internal purposes only (such as employee training or a presentation for your boss).
It’s fairly cheap compared to my others for explainers, etc. which includes commercial license, re-seller license - you get the drift.
What do people send me?
Right: commercials. And it doesn’t even just read like one, but they also state that it is an ad to market product/company to new people. So I cannot misunderstand that.
Then I send them an offer to “upgrade” to commercial license and they would end up with the same total as they would have if they had bought the correct gig.

• Mind, they did not ask before ordering.
    And then they complain that I am soooo expensive and they can not/ do not want to afford this rate.
    We cancel and I have lost a possible new customer.

Please, dear Buyers - CONTACT us BEFORE ordering. We are here to HELP you.

Archived