My days on Fiverr seems to be over

deepakkochhar

Thomas Edison was a terrible man. Don’t fall for his hokey wisdom and fake humility. Just look what he and his paid goons did to that poor elephant to make Tesla’s competing electrical system seem dangerous to the public. That was after screwing him out of almost $1m in today’s money too. Or shall I bring up the electric chair, which was invented by Edison and his company?

I could go on. The man is a stain on humanity. Feel free to be motivated by him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t half-ass your quotes. Your great men one is prefaced by the FAR more famous “power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely”. And Acton was a historian, commenting on the sordid reality of our so-called history books.

You will note that Mr. Edison was also friends of pernicious bankers who cared only about their profits–the same breed of banker who is currently leading the world down a path of ruin.

Feel free to be motivated by people who think you are nothing more than the tiniest bit of shit on their shoe, dead or alive.

😃

Hello, I wish you luck. I’ve just started on Fiverr a few days back, I’ve received views on some of my gigs, but some haven’t even been displayed once on Fiverr since they’ve been put up. (Over 2 days for some, I know I’m being very impatient, and I hope to improve my patience) I hope you get more sales soon!

Tesla was indeed employed by Edison and paid a pittance while Edison enriched himself with Tesla’s discovery of alternating current, among other things.
The elephant being electrocuted was horrific.

I saw the first motion picture ever made, which was made by Edison. It was of mules pulling a barge along the C & O canal in Maryland. I don’t think Tesla was responsible for that.

We all have bad days, even TRS. Today for example I went to “My Gigs” and noticed that one of my gigs is becoming more popular than the previous moneymaker. It’s surprising, but that’s Fiverr. Even if you’re on row 1, you won’t stay there forever. You get bad reviews, refund orders, then you start falling. You go on Avg. Customer Reviews and suddenly you see that a guy with 8 positive reviews is higher than one with 1,000 reviews. Fiverr is weird like that, but we can’t help it. We can only create new gigs or reform the ones we have.

With that said, your prices are very high.

I will design an eye catching Professional LOGO
$5 basic, $50 standard, $115 premium.

I will make any ILLUSTRATION of your choice
$25 basic, $65 standard, $115 premium.

Now I’m not saying you can’t do Fiverr that way, but don’t expect a lot of orders. A poor writer that needs illustrations for a children’s book can afford $5 to $10 for illustrations, and that’s the majority of the market.

Advertising agencies, publishing firms, graphic design agencies, etc, already have people on staff. They don’t hire you unless they’re desperate.

Sorry to hear that.

I am on fiverr and its my only source of income.
I realize something.

1. Dont switch your vocation mode on. it you will do and went on vocation for at least for a weak even. It will remove you from searches. It happen with me. I made the vocation mode on and my trifold gig was removed from search. Before going on vocation mode it was on first page of site by search tri fold.
    Now i have decided that i will not switch on again in the life.

2. Second thing i realized that when fiverr introduced the packages, sales went down. May be site is going difficult for the buyers.
    Every one need a very simple interface to do or get the work. WE are always online and we know every update and can use the site simply but buyers are new always and they feel difficulty using site.

Another thing that i have 180+ 5 star feedbacks its mean i have approximately 100+ happy customers ? But i dont know most of them are not returning. Even my help and support is great and i am being with the client until his/her full satisfaction.

I am polite and friendly.

My suggestion for fiverr is it should change the “Signup System”

when some one will go sign up fiverr site should ask “Are you looking for work to be done” and second “Are you a freelancer and looking for work to do”

User have to chose one option. And if he is a buyer he only can buy and if he is a freelancer he only can sell services.

When the method is implemented then fiverr should close the seller’s sign up for a while May be 3 months and let the buyer keep signing up.

This way.
Sellers and buyer will be balanced on fiverr and sellers will get the work again.

For now i hope that fiverr have the statistics that how many seller are on site but don’t know how many buyers are registered on site or may be they know actual statistics but one thing is for sure that sellers and buyer or not balanced here.

sellers are too much and buyers are less.

Fiverr should start a marketing plan to introduce the fiverr for new buyers.

Fiverr is a great place for the buyers where they have money back grnty and other so much facilities like modifications system. Rating system and main thing is they can keep doing real time messaging with the sellers. Another great thing is simplest file uploading sending option.

We just need to introduce the fiverr to new clients.

for you, you can contact old buyers by message and let them buy your new gig on very discount price. This way you can get orders and more positives feedbacks.

Hope this all will help.

I don’t know if I totally believe you are trying as hard as you make it seem. First you don’t have any video introductions in your gigs even though you said you tried them. Also you said you “tried” social media. That is another flag that makes me think you are not trying hard enough. Social media is not something you “try” it is something that becomes part of your marketing calendar. The results aren’t suppose to be something instant, it is a steady result that adds value to your service.

Lets say you are in a shopping center, you have half of the center selling the exact same thing you are selling. Unless you have a high level of traffic to see your store out of convenience or chance you won’t make the profit you want. You’ll get the percent of the market SHARE on the block. You relied on chance for gigs to appear in front of buyers to get you started but as someone above stated you are now more on your own. Now you have to pass out flyers regularly with special values for someone to go spend their money on you. Same thing with social media, its like your passing out flyers.

Anyways here are some of my tips:

1.Register with an employment agency to compliment your online efforts with Fiverr, if you have one near you and you are falling behind on your bills. Otherwise don’t quit your day job, whatever that is, if you feel Fiverr is not helping you.

1. Watch some business lectures on business marketing and international marketing on youtube.

2. Come up with a loss leader, that is how you keep your clients coming into your gigs and making contact.

3. Don’t focus so much on the sales and getting to work, focus more on figuring out how to start a conversation and how to get people to ask you a question. You must catch them into your web, that is connected to all these other spider sellers.

4. Offer a free course on youtube, make it like a white paper. If you don’t know what that is google it.

5. Follow and STICK with everything Fiverr recommends.

PLEASE like many others on here complaining that they are running into problems, stop viewing Fiverr as a place where you are having problems and looking for simple solutions from others, or trying to persuade others to seek out other marketplace websites especially if you want(ed) to become a Top Rated Seller, but instead view Fiverr as a place for “improvements”, for your business and business experience, and you will never run into issues like the ones you are complaining and stressing about. Instead of advertising your stress in a form of disguised distress, why don’t you come on the forum with a frame of mind to share your proven failures and what you are going to do next and keep us updated if its another failure or some movement towards your goals has happened! That will re-shape your original posting within the “Tips for sellers”… otherwise for rants go to “The Ranting Pot”.

P.S. Again please do not advertise in the forum, to move or go to other websites in competition with Fiverr especially if you wanted to be Top Seller. Once the Fiverr staff see’s you did that, your chances of becoming Top Seller are pretty much over. It just demotivated the community with unfounded pessimism as well.

Brother , one fundamental rule of life, Always be positive and believe in yourself and never repeat Negative wordings , like" i have done this already, still i am not getting the results" because as you said " nothing is working "? Immediately your brain get conscious and it wont allow you to think creative, so when you are positive , you can find the ways how to market yourself in google. Fiverr is one stop ! there are many and infact you can market your personal website as well in order to get local buyers directly to you . You can also create opportunity for yourself like Fiverr had created for you.
Actually our imagination is confined to very limited areas , if i can see 15-20 people around me then i can immediately say they are all bad !!! things are over , No!, There are million people behind those 15-20 but you are not able to see them so in that situation we used to calculate incomplete results but we cant focused on those millions ,Why? because they are not visible to our eyes.
I hope you understand , what i want to say 🙂
One Motive ,BE Creative ! All the Best and Chak De phatte !!

Everybody is having dry season, don’t worry brother everything will be alright…work hard and you will get succeed. I am working here for more than 3 years, i never except that i can earn this much a month, even a day job in India i cannot earn 10% of what i am earning now…so be positive, fiverr is a gold mine…

Archived