Use buyer requests carefully :)

creativequeen22

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is counter intuitive for a seller to try to acquire customers by starting a buyer request. The buyer request is not a request to get more buyers (that would be request buyers not buyer request)

To me there are only two purposes for a seller to start a buyer request.(1) a seller wants to buy something, in this case the seller is acting like a buyer (2) a seller is using this feature to investigate the market and competition

Neither will result in more orders to the seller.

EDIT: maybe OP was talking about seller responding to existing buyer requests, not a seller starting new buyer requests?

Guest offlinehelpers

It is counter intuitive for a seller to try to acquire customers by starting a buyer request. The buyer request is not a request to get more buyers (that would be request buyers not buyer request)

To me there are only two purposes for a seller to start a buyer request.(1) a seller wants to buy something, in this case the seller is acting like a buyer (2) a seller is using this feature to investigate the market and competition

Neither will result in more orders to the seller.

EDIT: maybe OP was talking about seller responding to existing buyer requests, not a seller starting new buyer requests?

OP was talking about seller responding to existing buyer requests

🙂 That’s the way I read it - it’s the only legitimate way for sellers to use buyer requests.

Hi Seller, Today i am going to give few tips about how to use buyer requests.

you only have 10 requests so use them carefully.

1.Don’t start sending requests randomly

2.Don’t consider a request which already got 20+ requests.

These two are the main points you should have in mind while sending buyer requests.

one more thing,you guys should only respond to that offer which you are 100% sure that you can do it.

instead of sending gig orders you guys should use custom orders.

why i recommend customer orders ? because you guys can freely select cost and delivery time.

Experience sellers cand share experience in comments below 🙂

Thanks

2.Don’t consider a request which already got 20+ requests.

I’m not worried about being the 29th bidder. I prefer to take my time reading the whole project description and being sure if I can do it.

• 5 weeks later...

Sellers can offer extras or bonus to buyers to get their attention because every buyer likes to get bonus! But it should be remember not to offer them too much extras. He might be think that your work is not up to date that;s why you offer something more to grab buyers attention. So be creative what you do 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I actually do not agree with the “Don’t consider a request which already got 20+ requests.”

You can be right on this statement in one aspect only. If you checked the request a few days later having 20+ requests could mean this is old and the buyer has already selected a seller. In that case, you will not get the chance.

But in every other aspect not considering a gig 20+ I feel not going for a request that pays well and is something you can do well is the lack of confidence in the seller.

This is a competitive field you have 1000s of sellers doing the same gig. But if you have the talent and confidence and believe you can challenge other sellers with your gig then you are a successful competent seller.

In my experience, I have sent requests to offers that had 20+ and almost always have gotten the offer accepted. Unless they were already bought. It comes down to your sales pitch and the competitive offer you make. After all this is business.

true .great tip at least i now have the confidence to also soldier on like you madam

Guest grace_iyalla

while sending buyer request instead of sending gig offer send custom offer .

while sending buyer request instead of sending gig offer send custom offer .

u

Wow? I didn’t know we can send custom offers to buyers. This info is really useful. Thanks.

Also, I hope fiverr does something real soon about sellers posting in buyers request. My timeline is full of these people and I can barely notice the real buyers request.

Something I still can’t find an answer to: “you have 6 offers left today.” - what is "today?"

Is it a 24 or 12 hour time period? When does the day begin and end? US time, or your own country’s time?

Does anyone know?

Thanks 🙂 May

Excellent tips, but when sending the offer, i only see my gigs and no the option to create a custom offer, I find this option in the main menu of "promote yoursel’

Thank you,

@mae_creativity can I PM you?

Thank you too

I do, when I agree with a customer on a work I have not published I create my custom offer, but when I send a Customer Request a gig only appear in the list the regular gigs,no the custom ones.

I don’t think you know what I meant.

Go to 5r main page and type in “custom offer” in the search engine. You will see what I mean. 🙂

@hughmura You are absolutely right. As a seller sometimes I post request for services I need and when the offers starts coming in, I observed some sellers go off point on what I want and just send me some random message, they probably sent to all the buyers they made offers to. What i do is i only respond to the ones that send me custom offers. Mostly if i have like 25 offers, only about 3 or 4 will be custom offers. This also guided me in sending custom offers to buyers and it really works.

I would like to know If “custom offer” is something that I don’t know ?

can you describe it ?

Archived