Use buyer requests carefully :)

creativequeen22

These are good tips. I also weed out the ones with 20+ replies unless I feel that it is something that I am very uniquely qualified to perform. I have submitted a request as a buyer and out of 35 or so replies, only two actually offered what I was looking for. The rest were random offers for totally unrelated work. So if there is a job that I feel very strongly that I may be one of a few who would do a good job, I may go ahead and apply if I have enough offers left for the day and hope that everyone else was offering unrelated services.

I would offer one other tip that you should try to avoid buyers who state in their request that if you don’t do everything exactly as they want that they will get their money back. Anyone who states in their request that they will likely ask for a refund is someone to avoid. Most customers, even if they do have an issue with your work, will simply ask for modifications and not threaten a refund upfront.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi
I actually do not agree with the “Don’t consider a request which already got 20+ requests.”

You can be right on this statement in one aspect only. If you checked the request a few days later having 20+ requests could mean this is old and the buyer has already selected a seller. In that case, you will not get the chance.

But in every other aspect not considering a gig 20+ I feel not going for a request that pays well and is something you can do well is the lack of confidence in the seller.

This is a competitive field you have 1000s of sellers doing the same gig. But if you have the talent and confidence and believe you can challenge other sellers with your gig then you are a successful competent seller.

In my experience, I have sent requests to offers that had 20+ and almost always have gotten the offer accepted. Unless they were already bought. It comes down to your sales pitch and the competitive offer you make. After all this is business.

I actually do not agree with the “Don’t consider a request which already got 20+ requests.”

You can be right on this statement in one aspect only. If you checked the request a few days later having 20+ requests could mean this is old and the buyer has already selected a seller. In that case, you will not get the chance.

But in every other aspect not considering a gig 20+ I feel not going for a request that pays well and is something you can do well is the lack of confidence in the seller.

This is a competitive field you have 1000s of sellers doing the same gig. But if you have the talent and confidence and believe you can challenge other sellers with your gig then you are a successful competent seller.

In my experience, I have sent requests to offers that had 20+ and almost always have gotten the offer accepted. Unless they were already bought. It comes down to your sales pitch and the competitive offer you make. After all this is business.

Thank you for your tips, they are truly important to remember and consider before sending an offer to a buyer… well I guess you should add another one: “3-Don’t send an offer if you are busy and don’t have the enough good time for it”.

Thank you!
Dana.

@nichole92 Thanks for sharing your experience. Everyone have different views and i respect your views.

Why i think don’t consider a buyer request which got 20+ offers because of the following reasons

1.The buyer already gone with someone else because in my experience the buyers only consider first 5-10 offers. no one have that much time to go on 20+ profiles to make a decision and choose one out of them.

2.As you said their are lot of sellers on fiverr so for news sellers it will be a waste to send requests to 20+ offers

3.I have always got orders from requests which had 3,4 offer and the 5th was mine. I never got order from requests which already had 20+ offers.

1. If buyer gonna be disappointed by seller which he selected at first place then he/she may search all the offers he/she got and you may have a chance other wise only 5% chances of getting orders from a request who got 20+ offers.

@alone4ever yea i understand what you are trying to say

“Don’t send a offer if you gonna go outside for few hours because when you get back to home and open your laptop and see you have got response from a buyer 2 hours ago but when you are going to reply they gonna say that they gone with someone else and it will also decrease your response rate”

Now solution of this problem

“Download the fiverr app in your mobile phones and if you are outside you will get notification and you can reply to all messages you got from buyers through fiverr app”

Archived