I\'m a new seller

annie08

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a new seller, as well. This is my first visit to the forum and my first task was to read the RULES. I’m SHOCKED at the people who responded to your simple question with such negativity and rudeness. I guess they weren’t raised like we were, where if you can’t say anything nice (or constructive), don’t say anything at all.
I certainly hope customers can’t see the true attitudes of these people or else they would get no business, either…

With that being said (and shame on you negative people), I entered my gigs and then went to the Selling tab and See Available Projects. You can bid on up to 12 a day, and I did! It lets you tell them what you’d do for them on their project, so you really need to sell yourself there. Bid low so you’ll get the gig and get some stuff under your belt. I’ve gotten 2 gigs so far and I just joined a few days ago. Do your best and get good feedback.

Sorry those people were mean. Just keep trying - 12 per day - go bid!

I can you your first offer will come soon and very soon…just be patient and optimistic. Got my first offer without even sending and offer. The buyer liked it cos it was a resume for his girl friend who is an architect. Though his yet to give a positive review to improve my gig cos his away right now, but he sure will.
Every top seller was once in your shoes. You gonna get there soon, just believe in your self.
Best regards,
Elona.

Personally, I don’t mind the sarcasm from experienced sellers - a forum is full of useful stuff if you’re willing to search. And no-one here is a victim of circumstance. To quote Tony Soprano “Don’t walk around in pity for yourself!”

I’ve been here about two months and scraped my way to level two seller. Hustle. Spend $5 on getting your gig spruced up. Offer gigs to Buyers. Keep going. The freelance life isn’t easy, but build on it. I’m going to invest another $5 in having a movie on my gig - that will undoubtedly pay dividends. It’s not an exact science, but perseverence beats all.

The identity fraud stuff is a little scary though - what do we think is the level of fraud on here?

I’ve seen a good number of sellers using photos of super models, singers, Hollywood actors, TV show hosts, pretty much everything! In some cases a face of a pretty blond gal or a good looking guy “could” attract buyers, but personally I think it’s a pretty cheap trick (unless you are offering an impersonation gig of that celebrity). I’m not sure why annie08 decided to use this certain politician’s photo for her Fiverr avatar, maybe she really respects this woman which is perfectly fine, but I guess it is borderline identity fraud? Or is it completely seen as fraud? Not sure…

I don’t understand how Seller A questions Seller B for not having a real photo if Seller A’s avatar is not a photo either. Don’t get me wrong. I checked a lot of “advice” threads here and many says to upload a real photo, make your gig look professional, upload a video, etc. which is ironic because there are tons, but TONS of sellers with lots of orders who have NO real photo, have no video, and whose gigs do not look professional AT ALL. Still they got lots of customers and they even have orders in queue. Yeah, I understand using your photo is better but still there are many sellers here using celebrities’s or models’ photos and they are very successful. How come? If they are not following the Fiverr recommendations? Well, the secret is once you got your first order and you are a good worker it becomes a snow ball because the more orders you have, the more good reviews you get and the more visible you are in search results. And people buy from sellers with stars, not from newbies. That’s a fact! I am not complaining and I am not lazy because I read, watched videos, followed advise and applied most of that, but let’s get real! Buyers do not care about profile’s photo or if the gig description is nice and has perfect grammar, buyers just look if the seller has good reviews.

I think it’s ok to use Facebook or other social media, but I guess Fiverr shoud work without using that, otherwise it looks like it is mandatory to be in the social media to get successful. What kind of service would be Fiverr if you must use it in combination with other services to work? As I said Fiverr should work by itself, not using extra boost from other places. “Promoting” in social media becomes “spamming” quite easily, it’s a very thin line. Besides when you are looking for customers I supposed you look for real customers outside your circles, your friends and family already know what you do.

Personally when I buy gigs here I check everything from the avatar images, the gig description, and the reviews since they are all important to me. Avatar images in my opinion doesn’t have to be an actual photo of that person, it can be their pets or their backyard (in my case I’m using a drawing of myself since I offer illustration gigs), as long as it is an image that best represents the person or the person’s gig. The gig description is also very important because I’ve had problems with some sellers/buyers before due to their lack of English skills, and in one extreme case I had to send more than 20 messages to clearly understand what the buyer was hoping to get.

Of course this is just my own thoughts, but when I leave comments, usually it’s based on my experience, and I’m pretty sure that there is a good number of buyers who pays attention to all those 3. There are buyers who only pay attention to the reviews, but I think it won’t hurt to have all 3 covered.

(Maybe I sounded like annie08 using Kyrsten Sinema’s is the major issue here, but the buyer pointing out the typos was a bigger thing for me, especially when it says that she has 15 years of experience in her profile)

In essence, you have to sell the quality of work, and got a lot of positive reviews.

Social incentives is very important. Because there are still many people living on facebook and twitter.
It is a real money machine.

Fiverr can not advertise its own, without the member that advertises a site.
We work together

Archived