How to sell yourself on Fiverr to get more sales? Must read this!

designs_studio

What do I mean when I say sell yourself?

I mean that when you are selling your services, you are actually selling yourself. So how you come across online or off is reflective of your success, your ability, and your professionalism. Your personality counts. Big time. If people don’t like you, they won’t buy what you’re selling.

So, how did I build my Fiverr account able to get more sales?

I got myself on LinkedIn and I fully filled out my profile. Every single detail of my experience. Every relevant job I ever had. Every morsel about me that could be interesting.
I then did the same thing on Facebook. I joined relevant groups for my field and started asking questions, lots of questions, as well as answering any I could.
I did the same on Twitter
And on Google+
And on Meetup
And when it was made available I did the same with Quora, which has become the fact-filled platform for experts.
I then went to every industry-relevant event I could find, afford and get to, and hustled like a maniac…
If you’re someone who still believes social media is the devil, you’re in trouble, because it’s never a single tactic that will get you anywhere, its a combination of many intelligently coordinated pieces.

Asking and answering questions is the easiest way to get people involved and invested in what you do, and while you could meet 15 people during a night out, you could meet 100 online. And perhaps yes, the contact is “shallower” but you can be a hell of lot more targeted. So I recommend starting online, understanding who’s important for you, pre-empting offline events by connecting with people via Twitter, and leveraging LinkedIn connections into meetings for coffee.

If you combine a strong digital brand with meeting people in person, you’ll make yourself:

Easy to find
Easy to remember
Good to know
You want to be understood as an expert and an influencer in your field, and in a world where most industry communication is digital, you better be all over it!

Four words in this order…

Experience, Credibility, Trust, Communication

You need to prove your experience and show you have the ability based on past feedback from real customers. Communication and trust play hand in hand. You break the rules, you break your business. Yes, you are running a business on fiverr and there are lots of other places to establish yourself as well. 

• 3 months later...

I’ve recently been receiving lots of queries from fellow sellers asking how they can get more sales by applying to buyer requests. So, I’ve put together 5 key tips to allow you to make more money by using this great Fiverr feature…

1. Use correct spelling and grammar - with auto-correction software now installed on virtually all word processor applications, there is no excuse for getting this wrong! If you don’t show care when writing your offer, you’ll create a bad impression, preventing you from making money.

2. End your offer with a phrase which encourages the buyer to get in contact with you - examples include: ‘I look forward to hearing from you’, ‘I hope to hear from you very soon’. Phrases like this are a great way to round off your offer and sum up exactly what you need the buyer to do next (contact you).

3. Include words the buyer has used in their request. This makes your response more personal, and tailored to the buyer’s needs. Therefore, you are more likely to get orders - it’s all about demonstrating care and professionalism!

4. Show interest in the buyer’s needs. For example, if someone wants you to research the top 10 dog-owning states, express your love for dogs! It’s fine to tell the occasional white lie, however making claims like ‘I studied social media marketing’ when you really don’t have a clue what it is is probably going to end up with you not completing the job properly, and receiving negative feedback. So, again, the trick is to tailor your offer to buyer’s requirements.

5. Offer the buyer a special discount. This is a great technique for getting sales, as the buyer knows they are getting a personal offer, and are much more likely to contact you due to the reduced price. Offering to do an extra hour of work for free, or evening halving the price of your gig, will definitely increase your chances of receiving orders.

Thanks for reading. I hope you find these tips helpful! Please post any enquiries in the comments section below.

Alice

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone!
I’m not only a fiverr seller, but as well an occasional buyer, and forum reader, and after posting a pretty specific buyer request I found myself with 20 identical offers that have NOTHING to do with my request.
I know that the forum is full with “send buyers requests”, but please, pay attention to what your buyer says.

example from my experience, I put the price and the super clear description of the position and the most popular offers were having “tell me how much will you pay me” and “I’m super professional, what’s the job about”, like what? How about reading for 30 seconds, it’s super annoying, I literally have 20 offers and not a single good one.

Anyway, what are your advises for beginners sellers? 😃

You speak 6 languages but only listed 4 on Fiverr.

What 2 other languages do you speak?

oh hi there, yeah, I was ranting on fiverr about the fact I can’t add more languages on my profile))

the other two are Greek and Ukrainian.

oh hi there, yeah, I was ranting on fiverr about the fact I can’t add more languages on my profile))

the other two are Greek and Ukrainian.

I think then you should remove Romanian and put in Greek instead.

Since you do not have a gig relating to Romanian.

Heck you could even remove English, since it is quite natural that you do speak it, given from your profile description and gig descriptions.

I think then you should remove Romanian and put in Greek instead.

Since you do not have a gig relating to Romanian.

Heck you could even remove English, since it is quite natural that you do speak it, given from your profile description and gig descriptions.

I use all the languages for my translations, but thanks for the advice 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Nice tips, i do use these tips and they have been working out well.
Additional you can add reassuring closing remarks like “Kindly contact me, your satisfaction is guaranteed” or “fast and accurate delivery guaranteed”

Also always make sure you give the buyer the impression that you understand there need and you can provide the solution

Guest voiceoverphil

Definitely great advice, especially about using correct spelling and grammar. I would add that it’s a good idea to avoid common spelling slang like “LOL”. I am here as a seller, but in my day job I rarely give serious consideration to vendors who cannot spell or use shortcuts and slang in their correspondence.

Archived