Gig Packages - What price should you set?

twistedweb123

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News is Good, but Fiverr will no longer be Fiverr. The CORE CONCEPT of “Five” is going to the end. So, what will make new Fiverr different from any other portal (may be PPH)??

Anyways, one of the major consequence will be… quality will service and those non-sense gigs of fake traffic etc are going to die. To my surprise… these fake gigs have tons of 5 star review ( I guess its only because of as low cost as $5; if price will go up by 50 then upside down scene will appear).

I think that is where it’s important to keep to your current regular order prices as this is rolled out to your category.

So, if you receive a lot of $5 orders and upsell, it’s important to keep that $5 to still allow that. However, if you notice the majority of your orders are over $5, then there may not actually be a need to have the $5 base.

For me, the packages are about making your pricing options eaiser to understand and order, whilst offering higher value services (such as custom animations) which don’t have a $5 start - as opposed to upping your prices just because you can.

I see what you did, because your gigs are paused, it was a bit confusing. What if you end up with a lot people buying the $5 option by mistake? Can they upgrade later?

Fiverr makes too many damn changes. Now when I send a custom quote, I have to remember what my gig extras are worth because Fiverr decided to “fix” that issue. Before it did the math for me, now I’m doing the math like a freaking caveman.

Guest darklingdragon

This is pretty cool. Thanks for including this feature. It will help me keep organized and let customers pick out what they need from me without being so confused.

Edit: I can’t find the revision option for my gigs anymore. The check-box that lets you choose the price for each revision. Is this a current technical issue?

I’m also very interested (and optimistic) about how this will work for those of us doing jobs by word count. I really like the 1000 words for “X” price because it’s easy to figure out how to multiply that–for both buyers and myself. I’m looking at the few packages available in our category and it’s got me thinking. I’m going to have to sit down and come up with something. I like this so far, at least!

I want to raise my price a bit from $5, but I think it’s going to have to be slowly since I have so many repeat buyers who are accustomed to my current price. This is always the dilemma, I guess!

Okay, after doing some research on this, here’s my biggest fear about using packages: When you go to the seller listings and you see everyone has a $5 on their listing, except the few using packages so far, and they have a $150 or $40 or something on their listing–why would anyone buy from those sellers? They appear to be WAY more expensive than everyone else. I very much want to start using packages, but don’t want to turn everyone away right from the start.

Any ideas on this?

Archived