Gig Packages - What price should you set?

twistedweb123

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here’s my journey so far. After I set my price to #gigPackages 2 days ago.
I cut my base gig from $5 (B&W Portrait) > $15(Full Colour).

The 1st day I got 1 order: $35
The 2nd day I got 1 order: $130

So far not really that bad? U guys need to know that the more seller set higher price of #gigPackages, more buyer feel comfortable about those gig which base price > $5.

$5 is not nothing in todays economy, even a cup of joe cost more than it.

I am glad you are having success with the packages. I do not agree with your statement that “$5 is not nothing in todays economy, even a cup of joe cost more than it.” I live in the USA and many regard all of the US to be reasonably
wealthy and/or expensive. I’m in a small town in the south plains, though, and for me a great cup of coffee is .75 and a fancy coffee is around $3. I’d rather make my own fresh roast for even less than either of those prices.

There are plenty of buyers AND sellers all over the world who don’t think $5 is practically garbage. Sure, some people need to set their prices lower and some higher. Some need to earn $4 for 5 minutes of work, some 15 minutes, and other are willing to give even more time for enough to buy a substantial amount of powdered milk, beans, and rice. There is really room for any buyer and any seller in the international gig economy. Sellers can benefit from that room if they don’t go nuts over fast money and then have a useless low level Fiverr account.

I think it all depends on your server as you say. The great thing about packages is that they are completely dynamically priced. So, if you want to stay at $5 and upsell from there, you easily can. In the same way, if you want to start higher that can easily be achieved as well.

Personally, when they are in my category I am probably going to either start at $5 or $10. I put a lot of effort into upsells after delivery and would stick by that, whilst I also offer ‘packages’ already (I named my extras things like ‘Gold package’) and currently offer 4. On some gigs, I may cut the basic package off and see how bronze, silver and gold convert.

I saw the categories for packages and thought I play around with creating a gig with packages in a category I’m competent in; outside the typical. I still have a basic of 5USD and two others.

That said, the gig homepage for packages could be laid out a bit better. Its nice to see the packages that are being offered but it also would be nice to see the extras listed below the package listings. It took two tries to get things laid out accordingly but its up.

Another bonus of the packages in addition to the gig extras, is that orders can be customized to fit what is needed without, hopefully, sending in a custom offer. This is still in its infancy and hope to see it more in the Graphics & Design category.

What I think will be really interesting to see is how people who open at $5 compare to people who open at +$10. Will Fiverr’s original reputations as a bargain website discourage higher starting prices? Or will Fiverr-as-a-platform evolve into an effective tool for freelancers to process transactions? Intriguing.

At the end of the day, your pricing will always draw the type of customers you want. If you believe your service is worth more than $5, just say it. Those who know the value of your services will pay for the right price. For example, in my category ‘Writing and Translation,’ I see people pricing a gig for a complete business plan at $5. Clients familiar with a business plan know that can’t be possible, no matter where you live and work from.

John
Tomorrow is another day. Keep earning 🙂

Is there a glitch with the packages not showing extras that aren’t in the main packages ? For example, I have set up packages on one of my gigs (which is based around wordcount). I have set up different levels of service, ie basic - MP3 file, no license, business - high res file including license, and pro, including license, separate files, music etc…

however, I also want to give the customer the option to add extra wordcount to the order, as ever customer has a different requirement, but the extra doesn’t show up, even though it is ticked on the back end.

How can I do this? I’ve asked before, but it is a big restriction for anyone that works on a word count situation. It seems at the moment you can either set up your packages basic on levels of service OR simply around increasing wordcount (ie a package for 50, 100 or 200 words), but not both.

If I set up my packages around wordcount, I can’t then add the extras like before, ie music, splitting files, high res files, video sync etc. Or I have to make a package that has a small word count with no extras for the base level or a larger word count and heaps of extras the customer often won’t not need as the top package. Sometimes someone can have a large script, but not want any extras, and sometimes they will have a tiny script and want all the extras. There just isn’t enough customisation on packages at the moment for any wordcount based gigs (in my opinion).

I would really love for the customer to be able to increase the wordcount on the packages and it updates the price in increments accordingly so they then just do the easy package order. OR for the customer to be able to purchase an extra for extra word count. Otherwise every customer who has a script of more than 50 words, will have to contact me for a custom offer.

If you’re talking about gig extras, for some reason the extras don’t show up on the front page of the gig where the packages are listed. The extras won’t show till the buyer selects the package they want and click continue.

Its not an ideal layout but it would be nice if the extras were listed on the front page with everything else.

Archived