New Beta Pricing Feature

customdrumloops

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want this badly for my spirituality & healing, astrology & fortune telling categories, because honsetly i have to write huge reports (from 15 to 25 pages each) and spend hours and sometimes the whole day analyzing birth charts…all for $5??? that is just ridiculous and plain exploitation of my hard work. Fiverr must provide this facility to those of us in the aforementioned categories as well. Furthermore, i do not think there should be a limit to what you can set as your base price. We astrologers have services that range from 20 dollars to 1000 dollars (and sometimes even more). How do we explain all this to ridiculous buyers who want everything within a few dollars? I have had some really bad experiences with some clients and had to forcibly give them cheap gigs because the threat of bad ratings and reviews is always there to strike your reptuation down.

Speaking for myself, I like having a low buy-in. It lets people try something out with only $5 worth of risk - which, let’s face it, isn’t really a big deal. One of the things I learned as a salesperson is that once people start buying, they’re more likely to continue buying. I’ve had numerous clients who bought in at $5, but then spent another +$20 the same day or the next. And my repeat clients are really my bread and butter. Raising my prices above a minimal $5 buy-in will discourage casual shoppers and take away my opportunity to up-sell them on other services.

Guest flashstudiofx

This beta feature is really awesome. Because it also have solved a lot of seller’s issue of buyers placing $5 for whole 1 Minute explainer videos

Guest buntybabu99

Please help me
i am very professional animator and new at here, i can’t get any client on fiverr

http // fragglesrock

I am so Happy with the new feature! At first I was afraid because I thought my sells will go down, but it happened just the opposite way, because now I am selling the gig more than ever! If I can give you an advice, overcome that fear and dare to sell more with a better price!

I absolutely agree with everything customdrumloops wrote. I will just share my experience, focusing mainly on my fear to make the change, because that is what I believe is preventing most sellers from upping the prices. I apologize for the imperfect English.

When the feature was first introduced, I was a bit reluctant of making the change. I only had (and still do) one active gig, and I was afraid to change the pricing, mostly because at that time, my gig was finally getting more and more buyers, so I didn’t want to risk ruining that. Also, I prefer to keep all my work in one gig, rather than dispersing the ratings over several gigs, so that’s why I didn’t want to try it with a new gig either. But the orders were piling up (mainly ranging from $5 to $40) and along with the revision requests were taking more time and energy than I had. Then a little chat window popped-up - one of the Fiverr moderators posted a message reminding me that I can test the new prices feature. I was at the very end of my strengths, exhausted and annoyed by the endless stream of revision requests, so I said to myself “Sure, why the heck not”.

I don’t want to bother you with the old and new prices and other numbers, but the bottom line is: before, my orders ranged from $5 to $40, and now it is $25 to $100.

My advice to everyone who is afraid to raise the prices is: Go for it! If it doesn’t work, you can always change it back to $5 🙂

Reply to @buntybabu99: This isn’t the right place to advertise your gig. You may advertise in My Fiverr Gigs. Even better, read through the Tips for Sellers forum, check out the Fiverr Academy and Fiverr help pages. There is so much good information right here for the taking if you just read it and apply it. Good luck!

I strongly agree with this customdrumloops wrote about this new features that we have. After I changed the price, there are a lot of good changes that I experienced in my sales. Some of them have been listed above.

But the most importantly with this new features for me is that we could be more explore our capabilities that we have from now. If previously we only focus on our small skill because we just think something that is worth $5. But not now, we can explore more deeply our ability in accordance with the price of more than $5.

*I’m sorry with my poor english and please tell me if there is an error.

Fiverr asked for me to throw in my two cents because “you’ve impressed us with your successful implementation of the beta feature…please share your insights on this forum thread”

So here are my insights.

I was Uber-happy to be chosen to take part of this very successful early Beta test.

July was by far my best selling month in 2½+ years on Fiverr.

2 New Buyers.

2 Returning Buyers.

0% Cancellations.

BEST of all NO% inqueries from Buyers about what they can get for $5.

I was already selling Gigs with a full array of extras at a very high price but this made it much easier for Buyers to not have to make multiple purchases to get a job done.

I think this higher price point also helps out the $5 Sellers because there is no competition between us. Most Buyers can’t afford my prices so they naturally will buy from the lower priced $5 Sellers. The Buyers who have the budget to afford my work were most likely never going to buy what $5 Sellers were offering anyway. It is a Win-Win.

I completely disagree with the idea that:

anarchofighter said: I'm all for this option, provided gigs starting at an amount other than $5 do not appear in the search results.

I think there should be no pecking order in how gigs appear in search. Let the Fiverr algorithm decide the search results as it always has and let the free market determine who buys what from whom. Now Fiverr has even added a function to search by price so really the point is moot.

I would suggest that the Gigs Beyond $5 Beta works in every way and is the best update to the Fiverr system since I started selling.

CAVEAT:

I did have one Buyer who loved the work but had Buyer’s remorse that they spent too much. That was a big surprise. I thought that once someone committed to the higher price they had already made a fully informed decision and had the money to spend. Just be aware that you may get some Buyers who later have issues with the higher price structure.

Cheers,

Roy

Guest artisticdreamer

I think this is a great feature for sellers. It will give us the opportunity to price some of our gigs at a higher price while still being able to offer $5 gigs as well. Kudos Fiverr!

As a buyer, I think this is a good idea – no more bait and switch. The search by price function is a good idea as well. While I might be willing to pay $50 for good artwork, I’m not willing to pay more than $5 for an answer to a question about, say, geology.

Archived